Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2019, 04:22 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times

Advertisements

Prison?? She should be given a promotion for her public service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2019, 04:54 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
He was FAR more accomplished than she was. Your comment proves how jealous racists are when people of color do better than them - to the point of encouraging murder.

Guess what? People of color aren’t going to stop doing better. Better get over it now.

Old 09-28-2019, 05:03 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
The Republican Party, ladies and gentlemen.

Old 09-28-2019, 05:31 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The Republican Party, ladies and gentlemen.
No, it's not.

Old 09-28-2019, 05:34 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
She isn't human. She's a government agent.

They have special powers and are conditioned to do things us regular folks wouldn't do. That's why she was texting her partner.

That's how most folks want it. Well, you got it.

As for me, I'll stick with all of us being equal under natural law. You don't have special rights and privileges because you're a government goon.

Except that she does get special rights and priviledges.

She gets to shoot people in situations that I--licensed to carry a gun in Texas myself--would not be allowed to shoot them.

Old 09-28-2019, 05:37 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
What public service? How is shooting a successful, law-abiding citizen in his own apartment a public service? On what planet does that make any sense at all?

I'm sure she was confused and trigger happy. I'm sure she didn't plan to kill him, but she did nonetheless. Can the prosecution prove it was murder? I don't know. Under the law in Texas, she probably should have been charged with manslaughter or another lesser charge, as this doesn't seem to fit the codified definition of murder.

She certainly needs to be held responsible for her actions.

Old 09-28-2019, 05:48 AM

672 posts, read 442,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Moot point. Part 1 of her on the stand she says her dog was at her mom's house because the building was doing a "moisture" inspection that day. She didn't want maintenance letting her dog out while doing that so she took her dog to her mom's house.

Edit: Okay, part 1 of her testimony:

The first 20 minutes is the judge talking about the placement of the shoes (flip flops) and she's about tired of talking about the damn shoes because no one has proven anything about the shoes except that the first responders moved them at some point. So, she's said, basically, no more about the shoes he may or may not have been wearing.
So she expected someone to be in her apartment at some point in time that day and she still fired blindly without a second thought.
She needs to go away for a while.

Old 09-28-2019, 05:56 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
She was trouble walking, I've known a few people like her. She never should have been a cop. He was sitting on his couch eating a bowl of vanilla cream, can't get more innocent than that. It could have been any of us, she needs to pay.

Old 09-28-2019, 06:05 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,419,042 times
I think she thought she had a home invader caught in the act and figured she could immediately kill who ever was in "her" home...She did shoot first before she could learn who the "robber" was did she not? Unless the guy had a gun in hand she was 100% wrong to shoot him.....

Old 09-28-2019, 07:02 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Did some reading, so please correct, FYI for some posters;

Texas has capital murder, the big one, the death penalty type one.
Then it has simply "murder" and can be a first or second degree felony depending on some factors. Sentencing ranges from 5-99, but it still is "murder" with no term like 2nd degree murder.

So not the more common (is it more common?) 1st, 2nd, etc degree murder.

Is this correct?
yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies