Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 03:20 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
They're digging up his entire life as we speak to build a narrative that Botham Jean was a hardened criminal. Just wait for it.
Give it up. I'm as a big a critic as anyone when it comes to the special privileges and immunities that cops get when they shoot people without justification. But you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about in this case, and there's absolutely no chance that what you're predicting will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 03:25 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
And this is an incredibly rare instance.

Remember Philando Castille?
You can't say it's rare. It could be the new normal. If you want to say it was rare in the past, I'm with you on that.

And I remember Castile. The fake news media presented it as a case of white racism run amok when the killer was actually Filipino. When they blamed me and my people I kind of lost interest in whether Castile himself was innocent, although undoubtedly he was.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:00 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't care if she was or wasn't.

If a black man claimed to have mistaken his apartment and shot the woman at the door, he would be in jail, full stop.

This woman is legally allowed to carry a gun. With that comes the responsibility to use it correctly, the same way a licensed driver is. She murdered a man in cold blood guilty of nothing more than answering his own door. The woman should have been fired immediately and go on trial. She's already demonstrated poor judgement with regard to her ability to judiciously use a gun and now must answer for killing a man.
So would a white man be arrested if he claimed to mistaken his apartment and shot the woman at the door.

You forget how long it took for that black Somali cop in Minnesota to be arrested for shooting and killing Justine Damond behind her home in her night gown who had called the police. That was if anything more egregious.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:12 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So would a white man be arrested if he claimed to mistaken his apartment and shot the woman at the door.

You forget how long it took for that black Somali cop in Minnesota to be arrested for shooting and killing Justine Damond behind her home in her night gown who had called the police. That was if anything more egregious.
I wouldn't say more but it was equally bad. There, they shot the woman who had called the police. Here, the guy opened his door. If anything, he might have seen her through the peephole and thought something had happened.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:19 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say more but it was equally bad. There, they shot the woman who had called the police. Here, the guy opened his door. If anything, he might have seen her through the peephole and thought something had happened.
OK but there wasn't "they" there was only a "he" a black somali cop who shot the woman and riding with a partner responding to a call who did not fire. The cop knew they were responding to a call from a woman.

Point is it was about the same situation or perhaps worse in reverse gender and race and it took a long time for that officer to be arrested and charged.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Remember, libs--only cops should have guns.
LOL! Are you imagining that when the cop walked into the apartment, that the resident would have time to get his own gun, and beat the cop to it?

Old 09-09-2018, 04:22 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,302,911 times
Quote:
Wow, can you imagine that?

"I'm a black man, and there's a uniformed officer at my door. I'd better do everything by the book, given all I've heard lately."

Old 09-09-2018, 04:25 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Quote:
They're digging up his entire life as we speak to build a narrative that Botham Jean was a hardened criminal. Just wait for it.
Yup, and that's exactly what's predictably been happening on this thread.

Without knowing the full story, the usual CD 'experts' are already determining the guilt of Botham Jean, the victim, who was a university graduate and working for PricewatershouseCoopers (much to their disappointment as he doesn't fit their profile), and the innocence of the cop, a young white woman.

According to the 'experts' on here, since Botham was a young black man, he must have instigated this incident by screaming at Amber (the cop) and threatening to kill her. Botham must have acted in a hostile and aggressive manner to warrant being gunned down.

The main point being, without the full facts being known, some people on this forum are already forming a narrative of the big bad black man threatening a young white woman, and she in turn shooting him in 'self defense.' And to think that some on this forum want to grandstand that there is no longer any racism in America.

Again, I think this whole thing stinks. My guess is that the two somehow knew each other, and this was hardly an accident. I'll wait for the entire story, but it's just so suspicious. Who's ever heard of such a ludicrous scenario. I've read comments on other articles on this incident, and interesting that I wasn't the only one to point out that we may have confused our cars with another person's, but never an apartment room.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:26 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And she had just finished 14 hours of delivering serving warrants on dangerous criminals.
Begs the question of if she served all those warrants on the right people; her powers of observation don't seem like the keenest.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,624 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Begs the question of if she served all those warrants on the right people; her powers of observation don't seem like the keenest.
touche
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies