Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2019, 08:51 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Retribution. The mob does it all the time.
For what? He didn't do anything. His testimony was insignificant. And that's not how DPD does things.

How often have you interacted with a DPD officer in the last week? How many times ever? How many different circumstances? How many times as crime victim? How many times as crime perpetrator? How many times in social situations? How long have you lived in Dallas?

I like you, MP, but you have no relevant insight in this instance.

I said she was guilty of murder from the start, and I said she would be convicted of that charge. I've been right on everything in this, so just take my word for it. You're barking up the wrong tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 08:54 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Killing him before trial would be suspect, but killing him afterward wouldn't be, which is why people like you are presuming that's why he was killed.
It’s suspect both ways....but why risk it before the trial when police normally get off? After the trial was to send a message to future “snitches”.

That was a good brother they murdered. I don’t give a Fock about the bs you talking. Last Comment to you.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
For what? He didn't do anything. His testimony was insignificant. And that's not how DPD does things.

How often have you interacted with a DPD officer in the last week? How many times ever? How many different circumstances? How many times as crime victim? How many times as crime perpetrator? How many times in social situations? How long have you lived in Dallas?

I like you, MP, but you have no relevant insight in this instance.

I said she was guilty of murder from the start, and I said she would be convicted of that charge. I've been right on everything in this, so just take my word for it. You're barking up the wrong tree.
Most of us said the same - does that make us right about everything discussed from here on out about all things relating to the case and the people involved, as though we have some crystal ball? That's a silly notion.

I have no idea how cops think. The few I know seem sane, but they talk about the insanity of the department, those in charge, and tell me the corruption runs deep.

You asked what a motive would be post-trial and retribution is a motive in any case. He may have contradicted some of the things she said. I don't remember the details, to be honest.

Like I posted initially - the timing of this is uncomfortably coincidental. No possibilities should be ruled out.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:09 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
He had AirBnB properties. I'm sure you'll find something sordid in that.
Ohhh - How many? Where?

Old 10-06-2019, 09:33 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Most of us said the same - does that make us right about everything discussed from here on out about all things relating to the case and the people involved, as though we have some crystal ball? That's a silly notion.

I have no idea how cops think. The few I know seem sane, but they talk about the insanity of the department, those in charge, and tell me the corruption runs deep.

You asked what a motive would be post-trial and retribution is a motive in any case. He may have contradicted some of the things she said. I don't remember the details, to be honest.

Like I posted initially - the timing of this is uncomfortably coincidental. No possibilities should be ruled out.
Keep an open mind, absolutely, and I will be doing the same, even though my experience tells me that there's no way DPD was involved in that murder.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:01 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) He's a young black man in a major urban area. Mistaken identity, robbery, could be anything but it happens all the time....heck look at the whole point of this thread?

2) When is the best time to murder a witness?

a) Before the testimony.
b) After the testimony.

P.S. Probably should ask yourself if media and other outlets are seeking to profit from this young mans murder by trying to make a ratings grab with it. I guess that if it helps catch the killer that would be one thing, but consider the irony that if his new girlfriends ex did it (for example) you guys are helping craft a defense for him.
Exactly! And if they really wanted to get rid of a witness they would never do it so openly with an assassination, they would have sure he gets in an accident, or dies in a drug overdose, dies of a previously undiagnosed medical condition, etc etc. Now on the record I don't believe local police engage these kinds of shenanigans, but I have no doubt the FBI and the government do this kind of thing all the time.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:02 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Quote:
Killing him before trial would be suspect, but killing him afterward wouldn't be, which is why people like you are presuming that's why he was killed.
If they really wanted to silence him and not be suspicious they would have arranged for some kind of accidental death, like a drug overdose or a heart attack.

Old 10-06-2019, 10:10 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Okay, Brown was apparently in a fight last November and he was shot. The shooter supposedly killed another guy. The shooter is currently out on bond. The cops may want to begin their investigation with him. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...rfm-story.html

Old 10-07-2019, 01:42 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And for that she got 10 years. But there were still a long train of events that led to the tragedy. And any one of them not occurring would likely have prevented the shooting.
Yes, a long train of stupid events all done by Guyger. Who never should have been given a badge.

Old 10-07-2019, 02:33 AM

264 posts, read 100,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
What would that "common trait" be that is not shared by others?
Actually, the common trait appears to be shared by everyone - genetic adaptation to the environment that one has no control over.

So, as the original people migrated away from Africa, the genetic adaptation continued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies