Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2019, 07:30 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're not blaming him - but he played a role in his death.

Do you even hear yourself?
Yes I hear myself. You are simply of that portion of the populaion that does not understand logic and facts but runs on emotion. I however am, by training and a long career, an engineer. And I deal with logic and facts. It is easier to simply be emotional but it is not realistic.

And of course he played a role in his death. Likely inadvertent but real non the less. If he had locked his door he would virtually certainly still be alive. How much bigger role can you play?

He did nothing wrong. But he could have deflected the outcome easily. Sad. But the gods of probability play these games. You drive home the regular route and get hit by a drunken driver. Your kid wants another stop off the regular route and you survive. Happens all the time...you make decisions that have ultimate life changing effect even though you do not see it coming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2019, 07:34 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Yes I hear myself. You are simply of that portion of the populaion that does not understand logic and facts but runs on emotion. I however am, by training and a long career, an engineer. And I deal with logic and facts. It is easier to simply be emotional but it is not realistic.

And of course he played a role in his death. Likely inadvertent but real non the less. If he had locked his door he would virtually certainly still be alive. How much bigger role can you play?

He did nothing wrong. But he could have deflected the outcome easily. Sad. But the gods of probability play these games. You drive home the regular route and get hit by a drunken driver. Your kid wants another stop off the regular route and you survive. Happens all the time...you make decisions that have ultimate life changing effect even though you do not see it coming
Translation: women in short skirts ask to be raped.

Another fine day on the forums, I tell ya.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Utterly absurd. You obviously unable to understand English. Happens on CD threads.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Well, if they're 12, they're already marriage material anyway.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:43 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times
Quote:

No, he did not.

You previously claimed he was at fault because he didn't listen to the commands of the stranger who walked into his home pointing a gun at him while screaming her head off. Quit it already.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
No, he did not.

You previously claimed he was partially at fault because he didn't listen to the commands of the stranger who walked into his home pointing a gun at him while screaming her head off. Quit it already.
No. He was not required nor could he be expected to listen to such commands. However failure to do so got him killed. So he was fully within his rights to get himself killed.

You folks continue to misunderstand the difference between that which you can do and dealing with the outcome. He had every right to do what he did. That also killed him.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
No. He was not required nor could he be expected to listen to such commands. However failure to do so got him killed. So he was fully within his rights to get himself killed.

You folks continue to misunderstand the difference between that which you can do and dealing with the outcome. He had every right to do what he did. That also killed him.
Back to square one repeating lies that have been corrected a million times.

WHAT is your problem??!!!

Old 10-07-2019, 07:56 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:

Are you gaslighting?

Old 10-07-2019, 07:58 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
The bigger role? It was Guyger walking into his apartment and shooting him with the intent to kill him.
That was the bigger role.

Pointing out that his door should have been locked or lights left on is...pointless. If someone really wants to break into your apartment or home, they can do it regardless of any precautions you take!

Old 10-07-2019, 08:02 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
Oh God....

I don't even know how to respond to this one.

But since you talk about choices, it's interesting that you vigorously defended the convicted molester Larry Nassar a while back, in one post after another. Larry Nassar made the choice to molest hundreds of his patients...do you not see that he played a real role in getting prosecuted and sent to prison? He was warned many, many times to stop doing the things he was doing...over a period of many years. He knew better and did it anyway. How can you judge Botham and defend someone like Larry Nassar?

Last edited by PriscillaVanilla; 10-07-2019 at 08:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies