Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2019, 09:25 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,965,956 times

Advertisements

Looks like the witness to the trial was shot and killed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/key-witne...165722346.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2019, 09:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,535,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Sorry you have lost your mind. Regroup. I have never made an comment about a Larry Nassar. Off hand I have never even heard of him anymore defended him.

Kindly apologize or I will have to ask the moderators to deal with you.
LMAO!!! You want everyone to forgive Guyger for making "a" mistake but you're going to report Priscilla for making one? You sound like a cry baby.

Are you offended? You haven't heard of Nassar - what would you be offended by?

And you may not have heard of Nassar, but you sure as hell heard of Jeffrey Epstein because you defended him with posts like this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch
I raised 3 and a stray. Many 13 year olds are full grown women. They are marriageable and quite up to schemes dealing with their love lives. Some young females may well not be that mature at 13. But many are. That they remain legal children until 18 is clear. But mostly that is a practical fiction. My mother for instance was married and a college junior when she was still 17.

I personally spent years surrounding by young women. They do not turn me on but we paid close attention to their behavior, dress and who they associated with.
There are others that are equally as twisted and offensive, but everyone is already aware of that.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:39 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,279,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
LMAO!!! You want everyone to forgive Guyger for making "a" mistake but you're going to report Priscilla for making one? You sound like a cry baby.

Are you offended? You haven't heard of Nassar - what would you be offended by?

And you may not have heard of Nassar, but you sure as hell heard of Jeffrey Epstein because you defended him with posts like this one:

There are others that are equally as twisted and offensive, but everyone is already aware of that.
Your post is an outright lie. A complete idiotic interpretation of what was written.

My point had nothing to do with Epstein. It simply pointed out that women past puberty have been considered marriageable since ancient times. My parents connected when she was 16 and he was 24. And if there was a victim it was my Dad. He probably had no idea what he was getting into. She ended up a major expert on the Federal Income tax and a VP of a major company.

Another couple was a coworker and his wife. He was 27 and she was 13 when they married. She testifies strongly that he saved her life. In later years she runs a Hospital in the South and takes care of him.

The point of all this is that the age of consent and marriage depends highly on the individuals and there are no simplistic answers.

Has nothing to do with Epstein picking up young things for sex.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Your post is an outright lie. A complete idiotic interpretation of what was written.

My point had nothing to do with Epstein. It simply pointed out that women past puberty have been considered marriageable since ancient times. My parents connected when she was 16 and he was 24. And if there was a victim it was my Dad. He probably had no idea what he was getting into. She ended up a major expert on the Federal Income tax and a VP of a major company.

Another couple was a coworker and his wife. He was 27 and she was 13 when they married. She testifies strongly that he saved her life. In later years she runs a Hospital in the South and takes care of him.

The point of all this is that the age of consent and marriage depends highly on the individuals and there are no simplistic answers.

Has nothing to do with Epstein picking up young things for sex.
There isn't a lie in my post. I provided your exact quote.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:48 PM

You said...
Quote:

That is all a deliberate smear and utterly lacking any truth.

Your kind of thing. You are probably quite proud of it. Truth is obviously not one of your criteria.

And not one word of this interchange is anything other than you trying to cover for her untrue and irrational post. Why don't you try a little truth for a change?

Old 10-07-2019, 09:50 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,630,962 times
Quote:
There isn't a lie in my post. I provided your exact quote.
He/She is trolling at this point and trying to get this thread closed.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
He's trolling.
You're absolutely right.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
He's trolling.
Your trolling. Clearly.

Old 10-07-2019, 10:17 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,945,928 times
Quote:
Where do you get all this silliness? Of course it is not his fault.

Just tell us what would have happened if he had closed his door. I bet you can suggest likely outcomes if he had done that.

Jean was unlucky. But such a simple change in what he did would almost certainly have saved his life.

This is the gods of probability at their worst. A large number of things that would normally cause embarrassment at most got together to create a tragedy. Jean is free of guilt but was one of the players in that unfortunate event string.
What are you trying to say here?
That it is against the law to have your door not closed?
That someone barging in and shooting you is your fault?

How about if I run a red light with a semi and smash into your car at an intersection?
What do you say, I if I told you, if only you had crossed the intersection a little later, I would not have hit you?

Old 10-08-2019, 02:34 AM

10,146 posts, read 15,838,651 times
So today at work, several black people were already talking about conspiracy theories how the cops had Joshua Brown killed to send a message, that the forgiveness was coerced and that the Jean family had been threatened. Now of course we find the truth that Joshua Brown had enemies and in fact survived a shooting outside a strip club in which his friend was killed a year ago!!!!!!!!

What I think is, Brown definitely had enemies, and since he testified at this trial, he had to reveal he lived in Jean and Guyger's building so how his enemies knew where to find him, and they staked out the area and killed him.

Y'all really think the police would brazenly assassinate a witness like that? Well if you're also a black Democrat who believes the levees were purposely destroyed during Katrina to flood black neighborhoods so that the city can be gentrified by rich white developers........

If the police really wanted to silence Brown they would have killed him before the trial and made it look like an accident not assassinating him in public by firing dozens of bullets without silencers and driving off loudly in a getaway car!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies