Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 06:40 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,671,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I'm trying to figure out . . . what is the advantage of her saying the door was ajar, rather than he answered the door in his underwear and she was so shocked and startled she shot him?
I think it is to help portray her as sort of innocently confused. Rather than as a person who should have been alerted by the fact that her key didn't work, and therefore she wasn't where she thought she was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 06:42 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,948,791 times
Picture of the door. Please try to tell me she was sober or just tired after seeing how obvious the signage is:

Also take a look at the door. Slightly ajar my ass. Those things swing shut:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...09539446943747

What other lie will they come up with next? Should have just stayed with the original story.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:56 PM

28,619 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I think it is to help portray her as sort of innocently confused. Rather than as a person who should have been alerted by the fact that her key didn't work, and therefore she wasn't where she thought she was.
I'm not a cop, but if I come home and find my front door ajar (which has happened), I immediately snap to maximum situational awareness.

In fact, I'd back away from the door and scan the vicinity before going in (bad guys might have posted someone outside).

Old 09-11-2018, 07:36 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,671,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm not a cop, but if I come home and find my front door ajar (which has happened), I immediately snap to maximum situational awareness.

In fact, I'd back away from the door and scan the vicinity before going in (bad guys might have posted someone outside).
Well of course you would. So would I. So would just about anyone.

But I'm thinking that in the minds of some folks, pushing open a door that is already ajar makes the shooter's actions more justifiable than continuing to try to open a door with the wrong key.

The truth is, her original story didn't make much sense, and after revision, it still doesn't.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:45 PM

12,955 posts, read 9,594,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I think you're getting warm. There's no way someone sober walks into the wrong apartment thinking it was theirs.
I agree with this, especially since she was also on the wrong floor.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:58 PM

12,955 posts, read 9,594,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Lies. She probably is married, went to her lover's apartment, they got into a fight and she shot him and made up this story so her husband wouldn't find out she was out cheating. LOL I'm not buying this walked into the wrong apartment mess. It would take only a few seconds to realize you're not in the right apartment.
I was thinking along this line also. I'm thinking the guy just probably called it off, and didn't want anything else to do with her after a few encounters. And she went all fatal attraction on him because she wasn't ready for the fling to end. Probably got angry because he was ignoring her.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:01 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,290,666 times
Let's hope she and his family are not monitoring this thread.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:05 PM

35,521 posts, read 17,797,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Let's hope she and his family are not monitoring this thread.
Why?

Old 09-11-2018, 08:15 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,290,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why?
Because this.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:22 PM

24,421 posts, read 9,287,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Picture of the door. Please try to tell me she was sober or just tired after seeing how obvious the signage is:
Not sober or tired, just stupid.

To think that someone would break into the house of a cop, inside of a condo, is a very illogical assumption. It would take the robber 5 second to see a picture or uniform that identifies a cop as the tenant and then get the hell up out of the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies