Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 08:24 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I'm trying to figure out . . . what is the advantage of her saying the door was ajar, rather than he answered the door in his underwear and she was so shocked and startled she shot him?
Body placement? She probably wasn't thinking clearly when she came up with the first version and after thinking about where he was when she shot him, knew it wouldn't fly given where the body was found. Thus, version #2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 09:29 PM

365 posts, read 499,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Body placement? She probably wasn't thinking clearly when she came up with the first version and after thinking about where he was when she shot him, knew it wouldn't fly given where the body was found. Thus, version #2.
This is what I suspect.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:12 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm not a cop, but if I come home and find my front door ajar (which has happened), I immediately snap to maximum situational awareness.

In fact, I'd back away from the door and scan the vicinity before going in (bad guys might have posted someone outside).
Trust me, if a Police Officer is dispatched to suspicious circumstances, or a possible burglary and they see a door partly opened they back off, take cover and call for backup. Under no circumstances do you draw you weapon and start shooting inside the house, geezus there could have been a bunch of little kids in there.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:03 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Picture of the door. Please try to tell me she was sober or just tired after seeing how obvious the signage is:

Also take a look at the door. Slightly ajar my ass. Those things swing shut:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...09539446943747

What other lie will they come up with next? Should have just stayed with the original story.
I am so glad people are seeing how her story has changed. It's different between the search warrant and the affidavit. Both are different than the original story. Is she ever going to tell the truth?

Old 09-11-2018, 11:20 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
The more I read in this case the more confused I am. Certain she is guilty of at least manslaughter.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:18 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
The Texas Rangers apparently did an independent investigation and felt this only warranted a manslaughter charge at the most. Sorry but I don't put any faith in their investigation.

Her entire story and scenario has more holes than Swiss cheese. First she worked a 12 hour shift. Then it kept increasing and now they are saying she worked a 15 hour shift. First the door was locked. Now it was ajar. So on and so forth, how utterly convenient.

One interesting tidbit is that she apparently lived right underneath the victim.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/lawyers-fa...opstories.html

Old 09-12-2018, 06:25 AM

365 posts, read 499,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The Texas Rangers apparently did an independent investigation and felt this only warranted a manslaughter charge at the most. Sorry but I don't put any faith in their investigation.

Her entire story and scenario has more holes than Swiss cheese. First she worked a 12 hour shift. Then it kept increasing and now they are saying she worked a 15 hour shift. First the door was locked. Now it was ajar. So on and so forth, how utterly convenient.

One interesting tidbit is that she apparently lived right underneath the victim.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/lawyers-fa...opstories.html
Also, previous noise complaints by her could have been a motive.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:36 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
Also, previous noise complaints by her could have been a motive.
I was not aware of that, thanks. That is most definitely a red flag there.

No doubt though, if this noise complaint issue turns out to be significant, there are some people out there (and on this forum) that will still support the cop, by saying he should not have made any noise, etc. Basically, continue to blame the victim.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:29 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
If someone in your building is causing grief, you go to security or the super or whoever the ****. Confronting a neighbor is like the unwritten rule of things not to do. Not that people are that smart.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:24 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,736 times
If this was a black police officer shooting a white girl in the wrong apartment, the fury from certain groups would have been more intense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies