Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2018, 03:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
About 88% of police are male. In those cases other faulty hiring processes besides affirmative action or just someone slipping through the cracks are the problem. I'm talking about in this particular case.
No, this is the way they are trained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 04:26 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Reports now say the deceased victim was had marijuana in his system.

I’m just shocked that folks believe this to be relevant information.
You can come from a respected family. You can go to church. You can get a college degree. You can work at a Fortune 500 company. You can be loved by everyone who ever met you. But if you’re Black in America, you cannot be the perfect victim.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:34 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
You can come from a respected family. You can go to church. You can get a college degree. You can work at a Fortune 500 company. You can be loved by everyone who ever met you. But if you’re Black in America, you cannot be the perfect victim.
Fox News picked this up pretty quickly.

As soon as I heard they were executing a search warrant on his apartment, I figured people would be looking for anything they could against this poor man.

People on Twitter are pretty universally trashing Fox for this reporting.

There was a report on NPR last night. Supposedly the DA there just got a murder conviction against an on duty cop. The victim's family is hopeful that justice will be served here.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:42 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
But still, he was in the privacy of his own home and not out in public. That shouldn't have anything to do with it. What if he didn't have that in his system, he still probably would be dead. What was in his system didn't caused his death, this was due to the action of the police officer.
You missed their point.

If he had marijuana in his system, then he was a Bad Guy.

If he was a Bad Guy, then it was okay to kill him.

Specific circumstances are irrelevant.

Old 09-14-2018, 05:45 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
She had to shoot the guy, he was armed with marijuana.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:03 AM

733 posts, read 351,351 times
What kind of moron, especially a cop who is supposed to be well trained, walks into a dark apartment? I'm sure the hallway lights were on, but come on.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:18 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,866,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
You missed their point.

If he had marijuana in his system, then he was a Bad Guy.

If he was a Bad Guy, then it was okay to kill him.

Specific circumstances are irrelevant.
The only very weak connection I could see about them trying to paint the marijuana picture of Jean, is if they are trying to say it somehow influenced his actions and justified the officer’s shooting. If he had marijuana in his system, he likely wouldn’t be in a state to “comply” with her orders, which seems to be her justification for shooting. Certain media is probably trying to add it in for character assassination, but it really isn’t relevant.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:32 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,592 times
Quote:
About 88% of police are male. In those cases other faulty hiring processes besides affirmative action or just someone slipping through the cracks are the problem. I'm talking about in this particular case.
As a woman, I worked in male dominated jobs. I hate to say that this may be a quota problem. However, this case looks like a person that was not qualified in the first place to be a police officer. Were the testing standards lowered for some?

Hopefully, this is not the case. But why on earth was she not paying attention to what she was doing? That is why I think this was pre planned or she was "dead," tired and just wanted to collapse at her place.

There are so many variables and questions. An innocent man is deceased, because of her actions. Maybe, this case will be handed over to the FBI? Too much "good old boy," attitude, sounds like in Texas. JMO

Maybe, there was an affair, and he was expecting her? Witness statements are different than her statements.

I am grateful, that when we had an escaped guy from Leavenworth, come in to our home and my children were teens, that the police that arrived, were not trigger happy. I was at work. It was only 6pm. Great police work.

I still think that this particular gal was in the wrong line of work and she probably knew it. Tragic.

Old 09-14-2018, 06:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
What kind of moron, especially a cop who is supposed to be well trained, walks into a dark apartment? I'm sure the hallway lights were on, but come on.
Turning on the lights is generally the first thing you do.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:08 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
I am not sure what you are trying to say, but I'm a female and worked in LE for over two decades. I was not hired through any sort of affirmative action, I had to pass the same tests as anyone else. The faulty hiring process involves hiring very young males who have a chip on their shoulder, were bullied in the third grade and become a cop to prove how bad a$$ they are. That type, and it is a type, nearly got me killed more than once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies