Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2018, 06:36 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times

Advertisements

(I love her opening line.)

Trump’s Ludicrous Attack on Big Tech
The idea that Google and Twitter are rigging their platforms against him is patently false
By Kara Swisher

Here’s the truest conundrum of the social media age: Those who complain loudest about being silenced never ever shut up...

Tech has, in fact, been very, very good for conservatives from the get-go and very much so for Mr. Trump and his minions...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/29/o...e-twitter.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 06:45 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Oh my, Kara said so !!! It must be true and will be if we want to agree.

Many others are saying that the platforms are rigged against them and have offered proof that isn't easy to ignore. But Kara is the only one we really need to agree with b/c...…………...its anti-Trump.

Oh...…….Oh my...………. That's brilliant.

Old 09-07-2018, 06:47 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Oh my, Kara said so !!! It must be true and will be if we want to agree. Many others are saying that the platforms are rigged against them and have offered proof that isn't easy to ignore. But Kara is the only one we really need to agree with b/c...…………...
I notice that people like you always try to undermine the source, but never have any facts of your own to argue with.

You're like Trump, "Many others are saying..." Yeah. How vague can you be?

Old 09-07-2018, 07:02 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
(I love her opening line.)

Trump’s Ludicrous Attack on Big Tech
The idea that Google and Twitter are rigging their platforms against him is patently false
By Kara Swisher

Here’s the truest conundrum of the social media age: Those who complain loudest about being silenced never ever shut up...

Tech has, in fact, been very, very good for conservatives from the get-go and very much so for Mr. Trump and his minions...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/29/o...e-twitter.html
Interesting piece. Two things. One, I think it's worthwhile to mention that as usual, this is nothing but an opinion piece, written by a journalist who you can absolutely tell is biased in her opinion of Trump. Oh wait, not just Trump, Trump and his minions. I'm guessing the minions would be pretty much anyone and everyone who voted for or supports the president. Also, I noticed this little gem in the piece, and I have to say if this doesn't make you giggle to yourself a little bit then you aren't paying attention.

"most tech leaders are more often lightweight versions of libertarians and largely apolitical"

Seriously?! Tech leaders are libertarians and apolitical? Now that is funny.

Bottom line, there are conservatives out there who are running into roadblocks on a fairly regular basis because of supposed problems with algorithms running certain platforms on the internet. Often, the content which has been altered or removed is eventually put back up because in the end, the truth that there was nothing actually wrong with whatever was removed comes out. And the reason this seems very politically motivated is quite simple. This doesn't seem to be happening to liberal users. Only conservatives. Which is why it seems there is bias among these "big tech" companies. This isn't something Trump dreamed up, it's really happening. It may not be affecting him personally, but it is happening and it seems like none of you really care, as long as it isn't happening to liberals. And while I don't believe this problem is affecting millions of people, I do believe if this sort of activity is not reigned in it will continue to happen and it will happen more frequently. Eventually, someone you actually do care about might start having their content altered or removed. But by then it will be too late to say anything, because you've stood idle for so long while those you don't approve of have been censored.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:09 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I notice that people like you always try to undermine the source, but never have any facts of your own to argue with.

You're like Trump, "Many others are saying..." Yeah. How vague can you be?
Personally, I have no desire to undermine the source. I simply like to have all the cards on the table. This journalist has written an opinion piece, nothing more. This article is about what she thinks. She's not really offering facts, just her opinion based on what she believes to be the truth. Also, in the spirit of showing all the cards, it's also obvious that this is not an unbiased opinion. She makes it very clear she dislikes Trump, and his minions, which obviously makes it hard for anyone who supports or voted for Trump to take this article as a serious piece of journalism. As usual, this woman is going about this all wrong. If these people would stop just trying to appeal to what their "minions" want to hear and actually write honest, unbiased articles then they would actually be able to reach more people. I honestly don't know why people even write articles like these. They aren't going to reach any new readers, they are simply just feeding their current fan base their daily dose of "boo Trump". Had this woman left out all the expletive words about the president or his supporters, and simply wrote an honest, unbiased article which pointed out the flaws in what the president has said, I could much more easily take her seriously. But as it's written, it's clear the piece was meant to bring a smile to your average liberal's face while simultaneously provoking anger and disdain from any conservative who read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies