Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:35 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
For America it originally began in 1965, but continued to increase over the years from there. The left leveraged it and played it off of the civil rights movement. There was a push to globalize our immigration policies even before that after WWII, and even earlier by mostly Jewish activism. Emanuel Cellar was a congressman who worked 40 years to get policies like his 1965 Immigration Act.

So you see, diversity begat and pushed for even more diversity! I believe the motivation was never "anti-racism" but racism against the majority.
Next question, how do we get them out of our countries without committing crimes against humanity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 08:41 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Next question, how do we get them out of our countries without committing crimes against humanity?

Probably best simply to close the door to more, for decades, let Father Time solve this.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:44 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well I'd settle for zero net immigration starting right now. They're probably here forever like any other invasive species. I don't think revoking even citizenship and deporting is a crime against humanity but would be drastic. The only viable option I see is to draw up an independent American jurisdiction that people who are not for diversity can voluntarily choose to live in.

I think we are pretty much stuck with this enforced overcrowded multicultural America dystopia thanks to malevolent liberals.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:37 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well I'd settle for zero net immigration starting right now. They're probably here forever like any other invasive species. I don't think revoking even citizenship and deporting is a crime against humanity but would be drastic. The only viable option I see is to draw up an independent American jurisdiction that people who are not for diversity can voluntarily choose to live in.

I think we are pretty much stuck with this enforced overcrowded multicultural America dystopia thanks to malevolent liberals.
Dude, its not that bad. Seriously!

Old 09-13-2018, 12:44 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Dude, its not that bad. Seriously!
To add on to this katygirl lives in North Katy an area, that is about 30-35% white, and is a white person so she of all people would know from experience how "bad" it is.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:48 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
To add on to this katygirl lives in North Katy an area, that is about 30-35% white, and is a white person so she of all people would know from experience how "bad" it is.
Thank you! I know whereof I speak, and love my neighbors. I’m not sure what I’d do in an all white community. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced that. It sounds boring.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:29 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Thank you! I know whereof I speak, and love my neighbors. I’m not sure what I’d do in an all white community. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced that. It sounds boring.
So since you enjoy your community the whole country should be forced to live in a community just like yours?

I live in a community that is 98% white and I enjoy it. Why am I "literally Hitler" if I wish to preserve it?

Old 09-13-2018, 08:23 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
So since you enjoy your community the whole country should be forced to live in a community just like yours?

I live in a community that is 98% white and I enjoy it. Why am I "literally Hitler" if I wish to preserve it?

There's nothing wrong with it. It's a matter of personal choice. As for me, I don't care about anyone's skin color or race what matters to me is to live near people who share our identifying American culture and those who speak English as their primary language of usage out in public. I really don't care what one does in the privacy of their own homes.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:49 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:

You're going to have to understand that in every society you have about 50% of people who are xenophiles and enjoy living the "citizen of the world" lifestyle where you have zero connections to a cultural anchor other than believing and enjoying all cultures.

But, the other half who believe in hearth and home country and a certain way of life that THEY find valuable, and THEY have just as much right as you to their preferences.

If you are too open, you risk losing everything. It happens. History is rife with examples of population replacement, cultural change, demographic devastation and conflict that did not work out well when borders were "too open".

Of course, if you are too closed, you can remain stagnant and miss out on new ideas and things.

The key is to find balance, and the "open borders, citizen of the world" types are NOT the logically thinking parties in these debates. At all.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:25 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You're going to have to understand that in every society you have about 50% of people who are xenophiles and enjoy living the "citizen of the world" lifestyle where you have zero connections to a cultural anchor other than believing and enjoying all cultures.

But, the other half who believe in hearth and home country and a certain way of life that THEY find valuable, and THEY have just as much right as you to their preferences.

If you are too open, you risk losing everything. It happens. History is rife with examples of population replacement, cultural change, demographic devastation and conflict that did not work out well when borders were "too open".

Of course, if you are too closed, you can remain stagnant and miss out on new ideas and things.

The key is to find balance, and the "open borders, citizen of the world" types are NOT the logically thinking parties in these debates. At all.
I agree, some diversity is ok but when you have mass immigration both illegal and legal then that results in colonization rather than assimilation into the majority identifying culture and demographic makeup. How is that desirable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies