Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2018, 02:58 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,493,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
In communism, there are few regulations to protect the people.
Look at the water and air pollution in communist china.
You'd love communist China.

Free health care. Free housing. Free food. Free education. Everyone gets the same of everything!
Unless you would be a burden to society. (The state)

Then they just shoot you in a road side ditch somewhere. Better be good at budgeting. Budgeting food, money, time etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
The government is actually more in favor of the business owners than the ones that would be poisoned from polluted waters.

Get rid of the government that create these regulations and the police that enforce them and in an increasingly populated world, what do think would happen to a business owner that polluted waters and poisoned people?

Pretty sure that a fine would not suffice. They would storm the business and hang the business owner

In China they do not have this problem.
If a bunch of workers or citizens were poisoned and rioted over it, the government at the behest of big business would get the tanks out and run these people over.
LOL because only government knows best right? Right?

Complains about a communist regime. Supports bureaucratic expansion to micromanage businesses/private entities that would make communist regime jealous/blush.

Old 09-09-2018, 03:08 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,956,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL because only government knows best right? Right?

Complains about a communist regime. Supports bureaucratic expansion to micromanage businesses/private entities that would make communist regime jealous/blush.
No, in Communism, like the Soviet Union and Communist China, everyone is dirt poor except for the government and their favored business buddies.

State Capitalism, which we have, has more in common with Communism than free market capitalism.
The growing inequality in this country where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer with a dissapearing middle class is exactly what we saw in the Soviet Union.

Unions are banned in Communist countries and workers have 0 rights which is the direction this country is headed.

Old 09-09-2018, 03:17 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
You'd love communist China.

Free health care. Free housing. Free food. Free education. Everyone gets the same of everything!
Unless you would be a burden to society. (The state)

Then they just shoot you in a road side ditch somewhere. Better be good at budgeting. Budgeting food, money, time etc.
Interestingly enough, China's version of capitalism has made more billionaires in a shorter period of time than anywhere else, and no, they were not all connected to the government.

I'm not advocating a Chinese form of society, but, it worked for them. In spades.

Old 09-09-2018, 03:21 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,956,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Interestingly enough, China's version of capitalism has made more billionaires in a shorter period of time than anywhere else, and no, they were not all connected to the government.

I'm not advocating a Chinese form of society, but, it worked for them. In spades.
Their still communist though becuase workers have 0 rights.
Organized labor is banned in China.

Under capitalism, all parties have equal power, unlike Communism.

The reason there is so many billionaires is exactly because the business classd holds all the power with the states backing. If the workers were to step out of line, the government would get the tanks out.

Old 09-09-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:

I wonder if American regulations forced production over seas for goods that are consumed from your Iphone, to your TV to microwave etc had ANY THING to do with that... I wonder...

Oh don't forget those clothes and Nikes too

Old 09-09-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Okay, so the argument you have is asking for more government, getting more government, you don't like the outcome.

(Psst. Don't vote democrat if you don't like more intrusive government that is adept to failing, and costing tax payers. Failure and expense being the 2 most common pitfalls with more government.)
i never said anything about more or less government, and you won't answer my question if you support the policies that ICE is not following.

Do you support those policies and why?

Old 09-09-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
No, in Communism, like the Soviet Union and Communist China, everyone is dirt poor except for the government and their favored business buddies.

State Capitalism, which we have, has more in common with Communism than free market capitalism.
The growing inequality in this country where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer with a dissapearing middle class is exactly what we saw in the Soviet Union.

Unions are banned in Communist countries and workers have 0 rights which is the direction this country is headed.
And do you know why that is?
Regulations that act as a double edged sword that kill little guys like me, but big corporations can swing like it's nothing...
That's why.

Taxes and regulations.
Liberals don't think they be like they are, but they do.

Old 09-09-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
i never said anything about more or less government, and you won't answer my question if you support the policies that ICE is not following.

Do you support those policies and why?
Because your questions with ICE are irrelevant emotional drivel.

You answered your own question without me even having to answer. I had to syphon it out of you.

Your problem with ICE is asking for more government and getting more government and not liking the outcome.
If I had it my way, militias would be on the border and out detaining and verifying ID. Not .gov

Old 09-09-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I wonder if American regulations forced production over seas for goods that are consumed from your Iphone, to your TV to microwave etc had ANY THING to do with that... I wonder...

Oh don't forget those clothes and Nikes too
My, you seem to think that the USA is the only consumer market in the world. I have a bit of news for you, it's not, and if you do any amount of foreign travel, you would realize that the USA is behind the times in many areas. You also forget that China was a very advanced civilization hundreds of years before the west, and there is a collective memory of that. The recent communist experiment is just a blip in time for them. The entrepreneurial spirit never left the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies