Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 05:25 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
YOU may call the undocumented people an invasion, but that doesn't pass muster in American law, international law or morality. Ask yourself this question, who do you see replacing the work that the vast majority of undocumented people do? I'm being serious with this.

Think of the million of jobs and the disruption to society and business if all of a sudden all those jobs, most being menial or of a labor variety, were no longer being done. The USA currently has for all intents and purposes full employment, so you can't say that there is a large body of unemployed that can back fill those open jobs.

A much, much better solution is to find a path to documentation for those who have been here. If you think it is correct and moral for ICE to deport a current documented person because they had a traffic ticket at 18, and has lived in the USA for 30 years, most of them as a professor at a university, then I wonder what you would accept as a legitimate individual.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-years-n846056

Do you support that type of action by ICE?

" international law" I could give a rats arse about international. law we ARE an INDEPENDENT NATION and should do what BEST for US.

"or morality.? Moral people do NOT break a countries laws and enter illegally and STAY as long as they can, To hell with them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 05:32 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
After wasting billions and evidently using national resources to build this wall those illegals that want to come to America will just drive through the many border crossings,or take a boat around the wall or take a plane to Canada and just walk over the 5000 miles of undefended Canada/US border.

By YOUR "reasoning", we should eliminate ALL laws that people break.

I mean, what good are they if they are going to be broken anyway?

Old 09-10-2018, 06:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Most liberals have NEVER run much less started and owned a successful business of any kind an know NOTHING about the costs to do so.
Neither have most conservos.
Quote:
Like hillary said when running the 1st time for the presidency, "it is NOT MY FAULT you are underfunded" when a business owner complained about her idea to rise minimum wages.
Prove it.
Quote:
They HAVEN'T A CLUE!
Clueless you claim.

MAGA, DTS etc...

Old 09-10-2018, 06:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Trump says he could use MILITARY to build his wall if Congress won't fund it through DHS | Daily Mail Online

I say it is high time. What does he have to lose?! Build it and build it now. Steam roll over Democrats if they won’t cooperate. It’s really sad what the Democrats have become.
Bring all the troops home and use them to build the wall. Good idea.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:23 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
How many f***ing times do we have to explain to you people that he never said Mexico would write a check. Any thinking person could have told you that. Mexico can pay in other ways -- taxes, tariffs, currency devaluations.
Sure it can.....sure. So let’s build the wall with massive taxpayer money and let’s trust in our liar-in-chief to make Mexico pay...in other ways. Sure. Kinda like pay that trump university tuition and you’ll get a great education.......sure.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:24 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,101,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Bring all the troops home and use them to build the wall. Good idea.
Who’ll pay their salaries? The cost of the material? Trump? Our taxes? I thought Mexico was going to pay?

Old 09-10-2018, 06:58 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
After wasting billions and evidently using national resources to build this wall those illegals that want to come to America will just drive through the many border crossings,or take a boat around the wall or take a plane to Canada and just walk over the 5000 miles of undefended Canada/US border.

Now that's just plain silly, considering the demographic of 95% of those coming across the border.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
By YOUR "reasoning", we should eliminate ALL laws that people break.

I mean, what good are they if they are going to be broken anyway?
Just enforce immigration laws that are in place, building a wall is a stupid way to think illegals wont bypass it. I'm not an illegal but if i was i'd quickly find a way to circumvent a wall.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:12 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Talking Trump says he may use military to build wall

Every complex issue has a simple, easy to understand solution that won't work.

Simple solutions appeal to simple minds.

Old 09-10-2018, 07:20 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Angel moms call out Mitch McConnell —-“Get off your duff and build the wall!!”

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...s-border-wall/

Last edited by mountainrose; 09-10-2018 at 07:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies