Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2018, 04:30 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Trump says he could use MILITARY to build his wall if Congress won't fund it through DHS | Daily Mail Online

I say it is high time. What does he have to lose?! Build it and build it now. Steam roll over Democrats if they won’t cooperate. It’s really sad what the Democrats have become.

Here were go again, a "man-child" playing with Lego toys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2018, 04:38 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
It’s amusing to hear the DemonRats complain about the wall being a waste of money when they’ve never been opposed to spending money before.

No, the real reason they oppose it is because they know it will work. While they complain about foreign influence in elections, their entire electoral strategy is importing as many Hispanics as possible to influence elections.
San Diego sector wall brought illegal immigration almost to a stop.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:40 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Maybe a wall isn't the answer. But until we stop seeing people continue to come back into this country I'm not against it.

Old 09-08-2018, 04:43 PM

62,955 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Oh....and he most certainly is being a blowhard. Again. Like most of what he rants about, this isn’t going to happen. It’s right up there with ‘Mexico will pay for it’ and ‘the wall just got 10 feet higher.’

Get back to me when you actually see the military building the wall. I’ll wait.

Not going to happen according to "you"? What makes you an authority on this? If it doesn't happen it will be because the Democrats fought him all the way and so are some Republicans. Are you not aware that things have to go through congress? I already posted a link how Mexico will pay for it. Did you miss it or ignore it? As for me, I didn't fail at math it's much cheaper to spend $25 billion on a wall than the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us and that's only their fiscal costs.

I'm not the one claiming that the military will build the wall. If it's feasible then so be it. If it's not I don't care who builds it just that it does get built.

Old 09-08-2018, 05:21 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:

I say it is high time. What does he have to lose?! Build it and build it now. Steam roll over Democrats if they won’t cooperate. It’s really sad what the Democrats have become.
It’s Mexico’s fault for not paying for the wall. Trump is too stupid too care that there is no money for his wall.
He’s willing to raise the national debt all for the sake of his ego.

Old 09-08-2018, 05:39 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not going to happen according to "you"? What makes you an authority on this? If it doesn't happen it will be because the Democrats fought him all the way and so are some Republicans. Are you not aware that things have to go through congress? I already posted a link how Mexico will pay for it. Did you miss it or ignore it? As for me, I didn't fail at math it's much cheaper to spend $25 billion on a wall than the over $100 billion a year that illegal aliens cost us and that's only their fiscal costs.

I'm not the one claiming that the military will build the wall. If it's feasible then so be it. If it's not I don't care who builds it just that it does get built.
Touch a nerve, did I?

I never claimed to be an authority on anything. I’m just looking at Trump’s past nonsense and see this claim as more of the same.

Funny how you guys want to blame the Dems for Trump’s agenda failures at a time when the Repubs control both houses of Congress.

Am *I* not aware things have to go through Congress?? Was it not *I* who pointed out to *YOU* that Congress would still have to fund Trump’s Folly even if he gets the military to do the actual work?

I didn’t say you claimed the military would build the wall. Unless you’re Trump (or “John Barron”). Are you?

You didn’t fail at math, but you think it would be a good idea to build a wall that’s not feasible?? Interesting. So in other words, you don’t care if the wall would work, you just want to see it get built. Maybe you really are Trump.

Old 09-08-2018, 06:55 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times

GOP and Democrats Fully Fund a Border Wall - In Jordan | Breitbart

Quote:
The 2018 omnibus provides just enough funds to build 33 miles of fencing on the Texas border — but it also provides $500 million to help Jordan build a wall and defense line against jihad terrorists trying to cross its 287-mile border with Iraq and Syria.
Trump signed it, too!!!!

LAWL.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:00 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Trump’s own administration reported immigrants are not a security risk. Trump should protect our voting infrastructure and digital infrastructure from his handlers in Russia, but we all know trump needs help with the midterms so that ain’t going to happen.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:13 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Don't think it is legal for him to do that. Someone will sue and a court will block it. Case would not be settled for years.
A supreme court with Trump's hand-picked puppets giving a majority, would reverse any lower court decision that was counter to his wishes.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I voted Trump, but I think the "wall" is not a good idea.

I believe military should be used to defend the border, but they should not be used as the manual labor to build the wall.
If the Marines are used to guard American embassies, then military can be used to defend the border. All these being said, they are not manual labors. sheesh

THE WALL is part of defending the border. It will mean less manpower and less violent interactions. There is no logical reason NOT to have a wall or other physical barrier in places that are particularly vulnerable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies