Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 11:00 AM

24,624 posts, read 9,449,501 times

Advertisements

Progressives have convinced me that being black is some curse that is simply too powerful to overcome in any lifetime. Blacks simply don't have the work ethic, intellect, resources, and tools to succeed in modern America without massive government assistance and endless taxpayer funded legislation.

Progressives have also convinced me that America doesn't have successful black doctors, lawyers, judges, nurses, engineers, military generals, actors, actresses, scientists, architects, scholars, professional athletes, politicians, and musicians that have proven all blacks already have the blueprint to succeed. 8 years of a black president were wasted as black political power did not lead to black social advancement.

They claim the "legacy of slavery and racism" is just too powerful for any weak black person to overcome and that all blacks are simply doomed to endless poverty, government assistance, blind dependency, victimization, and endless poverty. Unless they vote for hope and change ofcourse.
Quote:
We live with the legacy of slavery, and that legacy has created a shadow that undermines so many of our best efforts
https://blog.ed.ted.com/2017/08/18/w...cy-of-slavery/
Quote:
One of the most serious and long-standing issues within African-American communities is poverty. Poverty is associated with higher rates of marital stress and dissolution, physical and mental health problems, disability, cognitive deficits, low educational attainment, and crime.[
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Americans

Easy Solution: Reparations

What better way for white liberals who have never owned a slave to apologize for America's evil past towards blacks, who have never been slaves, than opening up their wallets?

The statistics don't lie, we are impoverished and under the oppression of the "legacy of slavery." We still want our 40 acres and a mule.

WIC, section 8 housing vouchers, affirmative action, equal opportunity, rent controlled housing, EBT card, minimal wage hikes, etc. is NOT enough. Stats say we are still poor.

So liberals, when can the black community expect reparations to save us once and for all?

Old 09-08-2018, 11:03 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
The left is through with blacks and have moved on to Hispanics and Muslims. They need the Hispanics to clean their toilets and Muslims to feel better about themselves.

I’m sure those people who put up those diversity signs in their yards will welcome third world people butchering sheep, boiling innards all day in the yard and blasting music all night.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:05 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Sounds like a personal issue. You belong and you matter. Cheers.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:06 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Everyday I like to do things tomorrow.
That way nothing gets put off to long.
Lets do it tomorrow.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The left is through with blacks and have moved on to Hispanics and Muslims. They need the Hispanics to clean their toilets and Muslims to feel better about themselves.

I’m sure those people who put up those diversity signs in their yards will welcome third world people butchering sheep, boiling innards all day in the yard and blasting music all night.
Good point. The left has largely abandoned blacks once Obama was finished with his 2nd turn. Hispanics are the new hotness now. Sadly, this looks like there won't be any reparations for us blacks via white guilt liberals. So much for hope and change,

Old 09-08-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Sounds like a personal issue. You belong and you matter. Cheers.
Predictable response from the compassionate left.

Liberals support welfare for their constituents of color but reparations is a line drawn in the sand right?

You have to love the irony here.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:17 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,731 times
Reparations is a gift to the right wing. Just like the obsession about "white privilege". Its a gift that keeps on giving and ensures that the two parties in America, funded by the same wealthy interests, can split the electorate evenly between them.

People who push that political platform are either inadvertently campaigning hard for Trump and the GOP or is funded by wealthy interests that benefit from sowing more racial discord in society.

Real progressives know what will work. But America is run by big money interests. And creating a Franklin D Roosevelt-style social democracy means the power of the ruling class of America will have to be checked.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:19 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Predictable response from the compassionate left.

Liberals support welfare for their constituents of color but reparations is a line drawn in the sand right?

You have to love the irony here.
I didn't say what I support or not. If you are looking for reparations, you are going to have much better luck with the Democratic party. Although, I don't think this is a policy that is high on the list. Especially right now. Have you researched this subject to see what organizations are advocating for reparations? I bet there is something out there. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Reparations is a gift to the right wing. Just like the obsession about "white privilege".

People who push that political platform are either inadvertently campaigning hard for Trump and the GOP or is funded by wealthy interests that benefit from sowing more racial discord in society.
Welfare is another form of reparations. The only people pushing welfare are liberals.

I posted that statistics that clearly say the black community is largely in poverty so it's clear that welfare isn't working.

And since the left loves to throw taxpayer money at the problem, the next logical step is reparations

Old 09-08-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I didn't say what I support or not. If you are looking for reparations, you are going to have much better luck with the Democratic party. Although, I don't think this is a policy that is high on the list. Especially right now. Have you researched this subject to see what organizations are advocating for reparations? I bet there is something out there. Good luck!
I don't want or need reparations. I'm not poor nor liberal.

Liberals are the ones who believed government assistance is the key to black social advancement. Minimal wage hikes, affirmative action, universal basic income, section 8 housing, EBT cards, etc.

Now, since black people are clearly still poor it's clear that democrats have to try something new, right? The left is the one who brings up the "legacy of slavery and racism." Not me, I'm enjoying my best life.

When it comes down to it, Democrats/liberals know that throwing money at the problem will never work whether it's EBT cards or reparations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies