Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:09 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I’m tired of people like you who live in a dream world. I hope you don’t get that job in Nashville because you will hate it here, a shining blue economic dot.
Wow what a hateful thing to say. I'm sick of attitudes like this that judge people based on their political leanings rather than a person's personality and morals on a day to day basis. Too much of the "if you don't agree with me I don't like you"

Take it from this old fart - as you age, as your circumstances change - as you experience both the good and bad in life - your political views also change as well as your outlook on life. You'll realize the health of a loved one is more of a priority than what's going on in politics. You won't care if that doctor voted Democrat or Republican - as long as they can help your loved one.

If there is a dreamer in this room - it is you - dreaming that there is only one priority in life - politics and the way someone votes. Hopefully one of these days - you'll wake up.

And as far as Tennessee turning Blue - there are a bunch of old school Democrats from the Northern States looking at places in Tennessee to retire to get away of the looney Democratic policies up North - so Serious - you'll find in future years - you're going to have a lot of company. The pendulum swings both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 05:17 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
I'm tired of the 24hr infotainment news cycle.

I'm tired of identity politics and the demonization of those who have different opinions.

I'm tired of big government pitting people against each other while they bend us over for their own interests.

I'm tired of being told that I should feel guilty for being born white and having a certain amount of success in my life and that that success wasn't of my own doing.

I'm tired of both sides using the Constitution as toilet paper and the idea that the Constitution needs to be"interpreted" or is a "living document".

I'm sick of that type of politics, yes.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:35 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i never grow tired of politics because i spend zero time thinking about it or discussing it . the only thing i think about is how best to play the cards all these moronic , corrupt politicians deal us
I couldn't rep you again so all I'll say is AMEN brother Amen,

and as with Fatboy, I don't believe what we have today is politics. What we have today is a whole bunch of narcissistic adults acting like 5 year olds in a very big sand box.

I do not believe any one of the them could find their way out of a box even with directions and a roomful of scissors.

So like mathjak, I spend zero time listening to them and even less time believing in them. my only prayer is that the chief moron doesn't decide to get us blown up to kingdom come.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:39 AM

59,048 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I've voted in every Congressional and Presidential election since I was legally able to vote in 2004. I've probably voted in the majority of primaries and municipal elections as well.

I've gone from voting straight Democrat in 2004/2006/2008, to voting virtually straight Republican since. I'm enthusiastically pro-Trump. I think he has been an amazing President for the white working class.

However, on a personal level, I'm tired of the day to day political process. I'm tired of the news. I'm following news less. I'm more likely to skim headlines than read long-form articles. I'm tired of the consistent bickering, gridlock, so on and so forth. I actually canceled my NYT subscription. I've kept my Economist subscription, but it's far more analytical, balanced, and less partisan than my other sources.

As I get older, the constant political tug-of-war seems to have less and less appeal. While I have my personal political views, I'm less and less likely to get involved in the advocacy of those beliefs. I've previously focused a lot of my personal energy, effort, and such on national politics. As I age, I realize my influence on the national scale is nothing, on the state level - it's still small, but on the local level - I may be able to do enough to get noticed. Local politics, no matter where I am, will be my focus from here on out. It feels pointless to swim with or against national political tides - you'll just tire yourself out swimming against it, or be one in a choir swimming with it.

Our society has numerous problems. With more age and experience, I'm convinced that the solutions are not political.

How tired of you of national politics?

"Aren't you getting tired of politics?"

That is EXACTLY what the dems want. Drag it out until peopl get tired of it and start ignoring what is going on in our country then vote out of IGNORANCE as to what is ACTUALLY going on.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:51 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
I have been tired of liberal politics for a long time.

It has always felt like an alternate reality, and I never understood where they came from.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:54 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I’m tired of people like you who live in a dream world. I hope you don’t get that job in Nashville because you will hate it here, a shining blue economic dot.
This is a big part of the problem right here. You are hoping that bad things happen in this person's life because you disagree with his opinion on politics.

To quote the ironic yard signs I see in front of "tolerant" liberal households, "hate has no home here".

Old 09-10-2018, 06:06 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Growing up near Washington DC I got way too much of it so at an early age I grew tired of politics. But I forced myself to pay attention because it was important.

But that all changed when Donald Trump appeared on the scene. Now I engage daily with his supporters who are incapable, or unwilling, to admit it when he does something that is wrong. Considering nobody is perfect, including the President, the level of denial is nothing short of amazing. That is why they are referred to as a cult as this is textbook cult like behavior. So I like to poke that bear at every opportunity.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:18 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,899,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Back in the day 30-40 years ago Demos and Republican, conservate, liberals would work together in smoke filled back rooms. Deals would be stuck and the country would move forward. The word compromise was part of the political process.
Yeah... use the word compromise today and one immediately becomes a target.

I dont get tired of politics for 2 reasons, moderation and the understanding that I can live with what I dont always like. Its very easy to get consumed with news and politics in the digital age, keeping that consumption to reasonable levels is the way to keep from getting burned out. Why do you think presidents take so many retreats. They have to keep their sanity.

Last edited by Mattks; 09-10-2018 at 06:27 AM..

Old 09-10-2018, 06:20 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
I get tired of the news people always putting Trump giving a speech or at a rally. His voice makes me nauseous. Why give him so much free tv time? Who cares what this moron says anymore. Trump can’t tell the truth and everyone knows it. Getting real tired of the Republicans not speaking up. Ryan also turned out to be the biggest whimp as speaker. This country has never been so polarized. I don’t see it getting any better.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I've voted in every Congressional and Presidential election since I was legally able to vote in 2004. I've probably voted in the majority of primaries and municipal elections as well.

I've gone from voting straight Democrat in 2004/2006/2008, to voting virtually straight Republican since. I'm enthusiastically pro-Trump. I think he has been an amazing President for the white working class.

However, on a personal level, I'm tired of the day to day political process. I'm tired of the news. I'm following news less. I'm more likely to skim headlines than read long-form articles. I'm tired of the consistent bickering, gridlock, so on and so forth. I actually canceled my NYT subscription. I've kept my Economist subscription, but it's far more analytical, balanced, and less partisan than my other sources.

As I get older, the constant political tug-of-war seems to have less and less appeal. While I have my personal political views, I'm less and less likely to get involved in the advocacy of those beliefs. I've previously focused a lot of my personal energy, effort, and such on national politics. As I age, I realize my influence on the national scale is nothing, on the state level - it's still small, but on the local level - I may be able to do enough to get noticed. Local politics, no matter where I am, will be my focus from here on out. It feels pointless to swim with or against national political tides - you'll just tire yourself out swimming against it, or be one in a choir swimming with it.

Our society has numerous problems. With more age and experience, I'm convinced that the solutions are not political.

How tired of you of national politics?
My first vote was for Nixon in 1972.

And I'm not the least bit "tired of national politics" with tRump and the GOP self immolating before our eyes.

Don't change the channel. We're living through history. No one alive today will see anything like this again.

Stay tuned.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies