Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 09:08 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times

Advertisements

Tired of our two parties, and tired of everyone who treats them like the biggest sports rivalry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 09:09 AM

291 posts, read 159,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post

How tired of you of national politics?
Yes.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:10 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I've voted in every Congressional and Presidential election since I was legally able to vote in 2004. I've probably voted in the majority of primaries and municipal elections as well.

I've gone from voting straight Democrat in 2004/2006/2008, to voting virtually straight Republican since. I'm enthusiastically pro-Trump. I think he has been an amazing President for the white working class.

However, on a personal level, I'm tired of the day to day political process. I'm tired of the news. I'm following news less. I'm more likely to skim headlines than read long-form articles. I'm tired of the consistent bickering, gridlock, so on and so forth. I actually canceled my NYT subscription. I've kept my Economist subscription, but it's far more analytical, balanced, and less partisan than my other sources.

As I get older, the constant political tug-of-war seems to have less and less appeal. While I have my personal political views, I'm less and less likely to get involved in the advocacy of those beliefs. I've previously focused a lot of my personal energy, effort, and such on national politics. As I age, I realize my influence on the national scale is nothing, on the state level - it's still small, but on the local level - I may be able to do enough to get noticed. Local politics, no matter where I am, will be my focus from here on out. It feels pointless to swim with or against national political tides - you'll just tire yourself out swimming against it, or be one in a choir swimming with it.

Our society has numerous problems. With more age and experience, I'm convinced that the solutions are not political.

How tired of you of national politics?
I've been voting since Ronald Reagan.

I love it. It's like being the perpetual winner of the Super Bowl.

But in times past, when you're on a losing streak, you just gotta step back, regroup, and get ready to vote again, while getting or keeping your own life in order.

From the Clintons on to Obama, I'd seen folks on the right scream and holler about injustices, then getting all worked up about ousting them.

Not only did they not get ousted, they got exonerated. The media has been glorifying them so thoroughly, as well as academia etc., that we got all polluted up with this PC culture.

Now Trump is in there, free of shame, and tearing up every dark corner with his wheel barrel of light, and they are flailing around like headless chickens.

I love it.

Last week, to counteract their inability to thwart the impending passing of Kavanaugh's appointment, they threw three things at Trump; Woodward's book, an anonymous OpEd, and Barack Hussein Obama.

As I asked in another thread, if Trump is doing so badly, why is Barack Hussein Obama taking credit for it?

Old 09-10-2018, 09:14 AM

21,125 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Tired of liberals, but not politics.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:20 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
This

Trump is the cause of all of it, he wanted the publicity but when
it got too close to the truth he and his cult are now screaming unfair. Such
crybabies they are , never in my long life have I seen such
crybabies as Trump and his cult.
Agreed! What is remarkable is that they want Trump to be treated with respect by the media yet he insults all types of people on a consistent basis including the media itself.
Then he tweets every waking thought in his head which the media covers but he is a media publicity nut who thinks they are out to get him then he wonders why.
He is in the news everyday because of his actions.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:21 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
I'm tired of the fact that 'compromise' has become a dirty word in D.C. and we have the Tea Party and Citizens United to thank for that. We haven't had compromising in the House and Senate since they came on the scene.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:30 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
I’m tired of liberals telling me blacks are victims that can only be saved by voting for more democrats to be in power. And that all white people are trying to oppress me.

I’m tired of liberals pretending to legislate people out of poverty with minimal wage hikes

I’m tired of politicians who rose to succeess without government handouts, telling me I need government handouts to do what they did

I’m tired of progressives worshipping Canada but refraining from actually moving there

I’m tired of liberals praising homogeneous white societies with no diversity like Norway and Denmark as examples of what America should be.

I’m tired of liberals whining about wealth going to those who create it.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:00 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Agreed! What is remarkable is that they want Trump to be treated with respect by the media yet he insults all types of people on a consistent basis including the media itself.
Then he tweets every waking thought in his head which the media covers but he is a media publicity nut who thinks they are out to get him then he wonders why.
He is in the news everyday because of his actions.
This.

Somebody should have informed Trump before he ran that being criticized by the media is part of the job description. We have never seen an elected official cry like a little ***** when people say mean things about them like this before. Because they were mature enough to know it comes with the job.

Instead of accepting this reality Trump treats the press as the enemy and of course so do his followers. And nobody has address how conservative media sources are any different in their bias than left leaning MSM. I heard one of those bozos claim the Democrats are trying to destroy our democracy by investigating Russian interference in our election. Do you see liberal posters ranting daily about conservative sources being unfair? No because we are grown ups and understand both sides have media bias, it does not mean there is no truth to their reporting.

Old 09-10-2018, 10:05 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times
"The State (meaning, in this case, the political process) is the Great Fiction by which everyone tries to have his way, at the expense of everybody else." (Frederic Bastiat)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frédéric_Bastiat

And the one common trait shared by the most obnoxious of both the traditionalists and absolutists among the conservatives and the most flagrant Social Justice Warriors is a desire for access to the legal monopoly on the use of force reserved to the nation-state -- a desire to fore their particular point of view on all of us.

A pox on all their houses! Live, let live, and MYOB!

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-10-2018 at 10:28 AM..

Old 09-10-2018, 10:05 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’m tired of liberals telling me blacks are victims that can only be saved by voting for more democrats to be in power. And that all white people are trying to oppress me.

I’m tired of liberals pretending to legislate people out of poverty with minimal wage hikes

I’m tired of politicians who rose to succeess without government handouts, telling me I need government handouts to do what they did

I’m tired of progressives worshipping Canada but refraining from actually moving there

I’m tired of liberals praising homogeneous white societies with no diversity like Norway and Denmark as examples of what America should be.

I’m tired of liberals whining about wealth going to those who create it.
I'm tired of conservatives acting like Christians are victimized because other people exist who believe differently or hold different traditions

I'm tired of conservatives promoting trickle-down policy as the solution to poverty when it's been proven time and time again to only increase the gap between rich and poor

I'm tired of conservatives acting like a person cannot be a patriot if they criticize any aspect of our nation's culture, history, or politics

I'm tired of conservatives telling me I cannot criticize their sacred institutions such as the police, the church, the military, etc where criticism is deserved. It's within my First Amendment rights to do so

I'm tired of conservatives acting like people cannot be "real Americans" unless they check off all the boxes on a checklist eg. white, straight, Christian, conservative, etc.

I'm tired of conservatives successfully promoting the belief that something such as healthcare for all is too expensive, yet there can never be a war (or any other request of the military industrial complex) that isn't worth funding

I'm tired of conservatives preaching "small government" yet wanting the government to control everyone's sex lives and vices

I'm tired of conservatives promoting environmental policy based on bronze-age superstition over modern science
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies