Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 09:13 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Bwahaha!

Like the Democrats in the Senate did by paying people to disrupt the Kavanaugh hearings by shrieking and screaming?

And how many more examples are there of your thugs phyisically assaulting people on campus and elsewhere for trying to listen to speakers not deemed "Poltically correct" by your side? Of you guys trying to ruin people's careers because they did not comply with your fascist notions of "Political correctness"? How many people have been harassed for daring to eat in public who dared to support political views contrary to your own? And I could certainly go on.

Yeah, you guys are the model for class, dignity and decorum - in a lunatic asylum perhaps.
Correct, the democrats are absolute scum. and whats worse is their extreme hypocrisy. It is laughable when they try to position themselves as moral arbiters while doing the most disgusting crap imagineable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 09:15 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
From what i can gather from the mish mash of the likes of Commissar Pelosi, Booker, Di-Fi, and Maxi pad Waters is that they are going to raise taxes, and try to impeach the President simply because he dies not kiss their azz like most RIONOS do, what else thet promising?
I've seen nothing about raising taxes. There is a small group that want impeachment but not sure that will be the focus.

If they follow the Republican party's lead -- they will just put a halt to everything and blame Trump for not getting things done...as the Republicans did with Obama.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:19 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I've seen nothing about raising taxes. There is a small group that want impeachment but not sure that will be the focus.

If they follow the Republican party's lead -- they will just put a halt to everything and blame Trump for not getting things done...as the Republicans did with Obama.
here you go

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pe...xes-2018-05-08

Old 09-11-2018, 12:09 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,387,704 times
They will do nothing like they have been doing for the last10 years, and continue to be as obstructionist as possible.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:41 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
They'll probably stop the trade war if they can get a few Republicans on board. The Republicans are too scared to challenge Trump and they have allowed the trade war to happen. For that reason alone the need to be voted out of office. They are spineless. Many of the Republicans are against the trade war but they only make meek public statements and do nothing. They are legislatures and they make law. The Democrats won't be spineless wusses like the GOP.
So please tell us why you are against a trade war?

Old 09-11-2018, 12:43 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Go back to cheating and corruption as usual.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:44 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The problem with that is that its not how "insurance" works. Insurance protects you from things that have not happened yet, not things that have already happened. Better off finding a new model rather than something that was designed for completely different reasons.
Quote:
No need to post proof. That's all Democrats EVER want to do.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:47 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
So please tell us why you are against a trade war?
He would have been wildly supportive of a trade war if either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama had been the one to initiate it.

If he tries to deny it, don't believe him.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
They will probably take the house, but not the senate. Anyone thinking otherwise has completely ignored the trends we can see in the data. As such this is what you can expect:
House investigatory committees with subpoena power. We WILL see trumps taxes. We will see people who perjure themselves charged with it.

The impeachment argument is overwhelmingly being made by Republicans. Democrats will only push for it if they have evidence that will win the day. People concerned about that need to remember-its not a 51% majority to impeach a president, its a 2/3 majority. So Republicans will have to sign on. So that is just so much hot air barring evidence.

The ability to pass non bipartisan laws will be gone. Something which to be honest I prefer-no matter which party. A fully Democratic house, senate, and presidency is just as bad as a fully Republican one. This is a good thing for anyone who wants whats best for the country. Legislation that we ALL want is far better then legislation a minority wants. And lets be honest, neither Republicans, nor Democrats represent a majority of the US.

Trump and his staff WILL be investigated just like Clinton, and Obamas were. Unlike them I expect a lot of issues to show up. Trumps team recommended a lot of people for partisan and corrupt reasons rather then competency. When it was all GOP ran house and senate this worked. Not so much when the other party has subpoena power. This will cause a lot more corruption to appear. So expect the Democrats to use this as a election slogan in 2020.
Pretty much this.

The bolded in particular.

I prefer Congress and the SCOTUS to be a nice mix of liberal and conservative members. I dislike any of the one-sided, partisan legislation in Congress and I dislike the one-sided, left or right leaning that you get without a mix of ideologies on the SCOTUS.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:58 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
From what i can gather from the mish mash of the likes of Commissar Pelosi, Booker, Di-Fi, and Maxi pad Waters is that they are going to raise taxes, and try to impeach the President simply because he dies not kiss their azz like most RIONOS do, what else thet promising?
obstruct until 2020
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies