Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 04:37 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,998,237 times

Advertisements

I don't know whether we will take back the house in Nov, and anyone who claims to know instantly loses credibility. If we do, options will be limited. The GOP will still control the Senate, the white house, and the Supreme Court.

I'd like to see some of the failed ways of the past--backroom deals, fat-cat reps with bricks of cash in the freezer, etc.--abandoned. Let's try some new ideas, and just look to build a new platform for moving forward in 2020. I'd put Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in high leadership. Maybe not speaker, but something to give her a big voice. As DNC chair Tom Perez said, she is "the future of our party."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 04:44 PM

22,626 posts, read 24,477,017 times
Yeah, it rhymes with peach, kinda.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:02 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,483,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I don't know whether we will take back the house in Nov, and anyone who claims to know instantly loses credibility. If we do, options will be limited. The GOP will still control the Senate, the white house, and the Supreme Court.

I'd like to see some of the failed ways of the past--backroom deals, fat-cat reps with bricks of cash in the freezer, etc.--abandoned. Let's try some new ideas, and just look to build a new platform for moving forward in 2020. I'd put Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in high leadership. Maybe not speaker, but something to give her a big voice. As DNC chair Tom Perez said, she is "the future of our party."
AO-C has to win her race for the House in November before she is elevated to anything. Don't forget, 10-term Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY) is still on the ballot in this race in November, despite losing to AO-C in the primary.

As far as there being no way the Democrats would ever stoop so low, don't forget how the DNC corrupted their own presidential primary during the 2016 season, and how the Democrat left and their supporters in the media are openly and very passionately working to oust the current, duly elected president of the United States, even as we speak.

There is nothing too low-down for these people. Nothing.

The leaders of the establishment Democrats do not want AO-C to win that seat, as they correctly regard her as an imbecile and as an embarrassment. I do not pretend to know what will happen there, but nobody should be surprised if Rep. Joe Crowley, the #4 Democrat in the House, "somehow" manages to win this race, and AO-C is bac tending bar again by the middle of November.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:53 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Again with that myth? "Tax cuts for the wealthy?" It is tax cuts for over 80% of tax payers, not just for "the wealthy."
Fact. Median income has fallen behind inflation. Tax cuts for the VAST majority have occurred, and yet that simple fact exists.

If you are wealthy however, your income is VASTLY outstripping inflation in its rise.

Thus...if I give you $20 in a tax cut, and then cause inflation to increase your costs $25, you have not received any benefit. If you get 20 million in a tax cut, and inflation on required items costs you an additional $50,000 you have in fact received a massive tax cut.

Any other nonsense?

Old 09-11-2018, 07:04 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,354,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
i don't know whether we will take back the house in nov, and anyone who claims to know instantly loses credibility. If we do, options will be limited. The gop will still control the senate, the white house, and the supreme court.

I'd like to see some of the failed ways of the past--backroom deals, fat-cat reps with bricks of cash in the freezer, etc.--abandoned. Let's try some new ideas, and just look to build a new platform for moving forward in 2020. I'd put alexandria ocasio-cortez in high leadership. Maybe not speaker, but something to give her a big voice. As dnc chair tom perez said, she is "the future of our party."
lmao

Old 09-11-2018, 11:36 PM

24,491 posts, read 33,218,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Fact. Median income has fallen behind inflation. Tax cuts for the VAST majority have occurred, and yet that simple fact exists.

If you are wealthy however, your income is VASTLY outstripping inflation in its rise.

Thus...if I give you $20 in a tax cut, and then cause inflation to increase your costs $25, you have not received any benefit. If you get 20 million in a tax cut, and inflation on required items costs you an additional $50,000 you have in fact received a massive tax cut.

Any other nonsense?
No nonsense. Just facts. And it's not a fact that the tax cuts were only for "the rich."

Old 09-11-2018, 11:38 PM

24,434 posts, read 9,301,384 times
If they take back the house, we’ll get a lot of hope and change.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:44 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Jenkins View Post
Its not likely to make much difference. Trump will block anything they do.
They 'll just have fun with him. Hide his cell phone, buy up all the local Mcdonalds cheeseburger s ....

Old 09-12-2018, 11:20 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No nonsense. Just facts. And it's not a fact that the tax cuts were only for "the rich."
Go read what I posted. If I give you a extra $20 a week, then take $40 from you via other costs...did you get a tax break? Yes or no?

Old 09-12-2018, 11:31 PM

31,938 posts, read 14,943,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
From what i can gather from the mish mash of the likes of Commissar Pelosi, Booker, Di-Fi, and Maxi pad Waters is that they are going to raise taxes, and try to impeach the President simply because he dies not kiss their like most RIONOS do, what else thet promising?
They will restore checks and balances since we have none now. This is what our founders wanted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies