Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 10:49 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,365,271 times

Advertisements

Read Kropotkin's Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution to understand why.

Anyways, here's the list:

https://listverse.com/2016/06/29/10-...tually-worked/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 11:24 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,865,446 times
Anarchism already happened and when people could they formed governments. That part of evolution is done. We are at the next stage.

It could be dismantled that none of those are actually anarchy societies. All of those places had infastructure created by government. Numbers 1, 2, and 3 are not anarchy at all. I dont know anything about #4. #5 lasted less then 30 days. #6 and 7 arent anarchy. #8 never implemented anarchy, it still had a central authority and an army to implement its rules, lasted 3 years. #9 wasnt anarchy and lasted less then a year. #10, Anarchist Catalonia lasted 18 months and again all the infastructure was already in place.

In 2000 years there is no historical evidence that any anarchist society has existed on our planet for more then 7 years, Im using #4 as I know nothing about it.

Anarchist cant even manage already created infastructure. Why would I risk current society to implement something that not only fails every time, but fails incredibly quick. Its not worth the risk.

I went and read some on #4, they are misleading in that article. It lasted less then 2 years from 1929 to 1931.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:33 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,273,253 times
You will gain credibility in your argument in favor of Anarchy with 2 steps:

1. Go to Yemen, Somalia or, the Central African Republic.
2. Return alive.

Old 09-11-2018, 03:26 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,234,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
You will gain credibility in your argument in favor of Anarchy with 2 steps:

1. Go to Yemen, Somalia or, the Central African Republic.
2. Return alive.
None of those are anarchies. You lose credibility for presenting oranges where apples are being discussed.

HINT: Those countries are experiencing feudalism, not anarchy, from a political perspective.

Last edited by Gungnir; 09-11-2018 at 03:38 AM..

Old 09-11-2018, 03:45 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,069,059 times
How do we continue ventures like space travel if humans can't pull together? Seems counter productive..

Old 09-11-2018, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
How do we continue ventures like space travel if humans can't pull together? Seems counter productive..
Why would we not "pull together" without a central controlling administration?

The majority of current space flight innovation isn't even government served. But from companies like SpaceX and Virgin Galactic.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:22 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,273,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
None of those are anarchies. You lose credibility for presenting oranges where apples are being discussed.

HINT: Those countries are experiencing feudalism, not anarchy, from a political perspective.
I accept your premise but, what place does anarchy exist then?

Old 09-11-2018, 05:37 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,884,771 times
Your article contradicts itself. It does NOT state it works, it states it has been influential. Seems sort of cherry picking to me to even claim that but I can claim that slavery was and is influential but it's not something I want to pursue.

Although anarchy has long been seen as an ideological system impossible to implement (if not inherently contradictory) and as a direct cause of numerous acts of terrorism throughout history, its ideas have still been influential.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:42 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,884,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Why would we not "pull together" without a central controlling administration?

The majority of current space flight innovation isn't even government served. But from companies like SpaceX and Virgin Galactic.
SpaceX is massively government subsidized which means it is and will be government served.

As for Virgin Galactic.

https://sservi.nasa.gov/articles/nas...hiptwo-flight/

Old 09-11-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
I accept your premise but, what place does anarchy exist then?
As a political system, that list. As a concept wherever government control does not extend.

Politically anarchy is just voluntary association and mutual cooperation without threat of force and central control. So wherever that exists, the 7-11, local bar, personal relationships.

The problem that exists is that there is an urge to gain power. Where power is distributed to the individual, the only power to get gained is by collective assent, you have to convince without coercion that a direction is in the best interests of everyone in that collective, while not stepping on those who are not convinced. That makes concentration of power difficult, so people wanting to gain power shy away from that system, and present what we have as better, and how roads would not exist without government, a bald faced lie if ever there was one, since roads predate organized governments. Thus permitting them to control the general population, retain power, and perform acts that would be criminal for any person to perform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies