Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 04:53 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
We can start by implementing tighter regulations on who acquires guns and how they acquire them. A mandatory mental health evaluation before purchase of a firearm would be a start. Doing nothing is not an option.
I'll admit to owning 20+ firearms, one Uzi and several ARs amongst them. Some were purchased through dealers with a 4473 check and others bought FTF with no paper trail. The Uzi is properly tax stamped. I have several suppressors, also properly stamped. I have built my own, non-serialized ARs from 80% lowers. My 12 y.o. daughter has two guns of her own (which she is quite good with and is well-versed in the proper handling, use, and care of). I have at the moment 47,325 rounds of ammunition of various calibers in my inventory. I have 200+ standard capacity magazines (mostly due to pre-election shopping in 2016). I reload. I have 9 5-gal buckets of used brass in my workshop for reloading, along with 40# of powder and several thousand bullets (that's the projectile part just to make it clear to you). I have enough lead and the means to cast thousands more if I'm inclined to do so.

I shoot with friends who are local LEOs regularly.

It's a hobby. It could be more if needed. I can be your worst nightmare if circumstances call for it, although you'd probably consider those like me (and we are many) your worst nightmare right now.

So your wet dream is that some lib, agenda-driven "evaluator" with an anti-gun bent is going to determine if I should be "allowed" to pursue my hobby? I am a threat to no one - unless your kind makes moves to change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
...you are simply restricting the kinds of arms they can own, ...
And who decides? You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 04:57 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Funny how the most success campaign against tyranny in the US in the last 100 years came about from unarmed people peacefully marching. Not a bunch of morons running around with guns. Take note.
The future is now old man.
My generation is the reason why Suppressors short barreled rifles and short barreled shotguns are generating the Treasury Department $148,732,000 just from 2012 to 2016. Take Note. We don't want your anti gun BS. (I contributed $800 to NFA tax collection for suppressors)
Remove Hughes amendment I'd add easily 2k in NFA tax within a years time for brand new manufactured full autos
Don't believe me? Go to a shooting range and take note of what 25-35 year olds are shooting. We aren't shooting fudd guns.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Where does it say that requiring such a thing would be a violation of such a right? You are not banning people from owning arms, you are simply restricting the kinds of arms they can own, not unlike the current restrictions on owning bazookas, tanks, etc.
Shall not be infringed.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:04 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I'll admit to owning 20+ firearms, one Uzi and several ARs amongst them. Some were purchased through dealers with a 4473 check and others bought FTF with no paper trail. The Uzi is properly tax stamped. I have several suppressors, also properly stamped. I have built my own, non-serialized ARs from 80% lowers. My 12 y.o. daughter has two guns of her own (which she is quite good with and is well-versed in the proper handling, use, and care of). I have at the moment 47,325 rounds of ammunition of various calibers in my inventory. I have 200+ standard capacity magazines (mostly due to pre-election shopping in 2016). I reload. I have 9 5-gal buckets of used brass in my workshop for reloading, along with 40# of powder and several thousand bullets (that's the projectile part just to make it clear to you). I have enough lead and the means to cast thousands more if I'm inclined to do so.

It's a hobby. It could be more if needed. I can be your worst nightmare if circumstances call for it, although you'd probably consider those like me (and we are many) your worst nightmare right now.

So your wet dream is that some lib, agenda-driven "evaluator" with an anti-gun bent is going to determine if I should be "allowed" to pursue my hobby? I am a threat to no one - unless your kind makes moves to change that.
.........nobody cares what guns you own and nobody is afraid of you. Have anything intelligent to add the conversation?.......didn't think so.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Where does it say that requiring such a thing would be a violation of such a right? You are not banning people from owning arms, you are simply restricting the kinds of arms they can own, not unlike the current restrictions on owning bazookas, tanks, etc.
How many horsepower can your car engine generate? How fast can it go? Above the speed limit? Why? How big is the gas tank? Anything over 2 gallons is excessive and you have no need of that.

How big is your house? Probably more than you need. Why?

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times
Quote:
Funny how the most success campaign against tyranny in the US in the last 100 years came about from unarmed people peacefully marching. Not a bunch of morons running around with guns. Take note.
My father always wished that they had guns when the Reds came in 1927 and shot my grandmother and took over the family farm. Making him an orphan at the age of 10. That was followed up by the murder of 10 million people. A news event, that the NY Times refused to report to the world....and if fact, lied since they thought the murder of 10 million people was only a phase Stalin was going through....a mid-life crises??

Tyranny in the US is....well minor...compared to tyranny in the rest of world.

The US is special.

My mother always said the only TWO things wrong with Americans.....

1) they are incredible naive

2) they don't realize how lucky they are

ps...the rest of the world does....which is why everybody tries to get here.

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
The future is now old man.
My generation is the reason why Suppressors short barreled rifles and short barreled shotguns are generating the Treasury Department $148,732,000 just from 2012 to 2016. Take Note. We don't want your anti gun BS. (I contributed $800 to NFA tax collection for suppressors)
Remove Hughes amendment I'd add easily 2k in NFA tax within a years time for brand new manufactured full autos
Don't believe me? Go to a shooting range and take note of what 25-35 year olds are shooting. We aren't shooting fudd guns.
Yawn.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

And who decides? You?
Flip the script. We go and get a BS or Masters in psychology and beat them at their game.

You want firearms? You're good in my book! Here's your universal background check with flying colors and universal access to firearms.
People would be paying and lining up to get their universal background checks performed

Old 09-13-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Yawn.
I know... sucks for you lemming nanny staters that millennials don't want your protections. Your brainwashing didn't work on us.
Your only hope is generation behind us. Generation tide pod.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
.........nobody cares what guns you own and nobody is afraid of you. Have anything intelligent to add the conversation?.......didn't think so.
Well you apparently care in that you're advocating having my possession of such judged and restricted.

No one should be nor have cause to be afraid of me. Unless they seek to harm me or mine.

Now get back to cleaning that Slurpee machine. Break time is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies