Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 03:50 PM

25,749 posts, read 18,818,821 times

Advertisements

I think it wouldn't change much--but for a different reason. A good segment of the country has now tasted what just a tiny little sampling of freedom, economic and otherwise, might be like. And I think they might be willing to give freedom a chance for a bit and see what happens.

Now, of course, this doesn't include the hardcore left. They don't want any part of freedom and they will do everything they can to stomp it into the dust. BUT, the hardcore left is NOT the majority. So, all those moderate dems and independents are witnessing what an "opening" of the potential of this nation might bring forth.

I've heard quite a number of dems stating that they are far more apt to go with Trump now than they were at election time. AND I've seen quite a number of MAGA hats in the university I work in with no caterwauling at all and no riots. I don't think Generation Z is as in-the-barrel progressive/collectivist as the Millennials are. In fact, Generation Z needs something to rebel against as every young up-and-coming generation does. Guess what they will be rebelling against? Yep, hardcore commie liberalism coming from the hippy boomers and Millennials who have gotten their way for so long up to the last election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 04:01 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,389,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Getting Trump out of office won't change anything.

As long as there is a Republican President the Dems strategy will stay the same.

Maxine Waters may be a loon but she isn't wrong all the time. She came out earlier than the other Dems but they all have the same plan. Just not as outspoken as the # 2 Dem House of rep. money raiser. They will use the same attacks on any Republican President.

Maxine Waters: Pence should be impeached after Trump

Maxine Waters: Pence should be impeached after Trump | TheHill

Back in July 2017

https://www.newsweek.com/will-mike-p...-tweets-643932
Ask NAFTA and NATO countries what they think about getting Trump out of office. We are hoping this crazy town will stop. The lies are so injurious, destructive and uncalled for.

Old 09-17-2018, 04:49 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I think it wouldn't change much--but for a different reason. A good segment of the country has now tasted what just a tiny little sampling of freedom, economic and otherwise, might be like. And I think they might be willing to give freedom a chance for a bit and see what happens.

Now, of course, this doesn't include the hardcore left. They don't want any part of freedom and they will do everything they can to stomp it into the dust. BUT, the hardcore left is NOT the majority. So, all those moderate dems and independents are witnessing what an "opening" of the potential of this nation might bring forth.

I've heard quite a number of dems stating that they are far more apt to go with Trump now than they were at election time. AND I've seen quite a number of MAGA hats in the university I work in with no caterwauling at all and no riots. I don't think Generation Z is as in-the-barrel progressive/collectivist as the Millennials are. In fact, Generation Z needs something to rebel against as every young up-and-coming generation does. Guess what they will be rebelling against? Yep, hardcore commie liberalism coming from the hippy boomers and Millennials who have gotten their way for so long up to the last election.
You're hedging on a bet that people will pick party and country over personal bias. While that may have worked for Ted Cruz, to drink the Trump kooliad (endorse Trump in the end) so as to remain in party and with his job. Words --- have impact. Other things that have an impact too ... prices did not drop, but the aid families needed did. I don't see any freedom there. Maybe you could provide some examples of freedoms that were recently regained economically or otherwise.

While you think on that, consider too, how the demographics (gen-Z) in the u.s has changed most significantly just in the last few years. And contemplative what it means in how a person will typically vote.
US white population declines and Generation ‘Z-Plus’ is minority white, census shows

And while you read that ... think of all those people that fall into those categories that are just fed up and will switch horses because the Repbulican party can not reign in their run away donkey. But the funny thing is, getting him out of office, won't change anything. We know this because, Obama was the elephant in the room for the Democrats for 8 years.
Now if the Libertarians would just get their act together --- then, there would be a change, nation wide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies