Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 06:32 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,194 times

Advertisements

Robertson's in the news? I thought he was out somewhere past Uranus taking a ride in his flying saucer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 06:47 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The Bible says God will answer prayer and Pat believes it. On what authority to you claim to have a better understanding of God than he does?
The words of Jesus ...

"... And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

... And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask of him."

Matthew 6:5-8

Amen

Old 09-12-2018, 07:00 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The words of Jesus ...

"... And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

... And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask of him."

Matthew 6:5-8

Amen
Ephesians 6:18 ~ And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Mark 11:24 ~ Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Psalm 4:1 ~ Answer me when I call to you, my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

Philippians 4:6 ~ Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 ~ pray continually,

1 Timothy 2:8 ~ Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
ABC News just said the storm has unexpectedly changed course more to the south. Looks like Virginia Beach will get only a glancing blow. The shield is working!
I'll bet you that Pat Robertson has already fled. Probably right after that prayer vigil.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
People are going to die and you idiots are making jokes. No class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
Lol, this from a guy who was mocking Mollie Tibbets' dad on another thread not too long ago.

PullMyFinger - "Must be Valium speaking. He should shut up for a year and see how he feels after a year without his daughter."
Wow. I don't think anyone can top that one ^^^ for crassness.

Big old dose of hypocrisy right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I see the actions of the "Tolerant" & "Understanding" & "Everyone deserves a voice", progressive left on display here.

They certainly don't disappoint.
Such pearl clutching from the I hate Libruls crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I'll bet you that Pat Robertson has already fled. Probably right after that prayer vigil.
On his private jet most likely.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:11 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,665,994 times
Pat Robertson placing a protective shield around hurricane.

Professor shoots himself to protest Trump

WaPo blames Trump for the Hurricane.

All these have me convinced that there are sufficient idiots on both sides. I wonder if Pat and the professor will drag down the IQ of their respective sides.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:26 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Didn't he get his wrinkled ass out of town last time despite all the prayers?

Can't stand these hypocrites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Ro..._controversies

Old 09-12-2018, 07:29 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,612,593 times
Quote:
The god of the Bible is omnipotent. Do you worship a different god that isn't?
The people who wrote the bible wanted people to believe there was an omnipotent being in order to control the masses. Seems to be working.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:33 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,831,505 times
A magical shield of bullsh*t powered by Jesus juice. OK - lets see how that works out.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:35 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,754,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
The people who wrote the bible wanted people to believe there was an omnipotent being in order to control the masses. Seems to be working.
I dunno... I see a lot of people in this thread doubting God's power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies