Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 07:46 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,782,378 times

Advertisements

Note, I love Serena.

She is a fierce competitor and deals with a lot of crap from the world of tennis and media from all sorts of angles.

On the angry black woman stereotype - it is a very pervasive, historically based stereotype really from hundreds of years ago.

I personally don't let it bother me as a black woman and I admire Serena over the fact that she doesn't seem to let it bother her either. We should be ourselves and not place much attention or value over other peoples racial biases and stereotypes unless they become dangerous in our day to day lives.

For me, it is has never been anything other than a slight bother. However, I know many black women who go out of their way to try to not be that stereotype - they don't say something that they would normally say - they let people talk over them, they do their best to conform to what they believe that society wants them to act/behave.

It actually is sad and sickening to me when any woman does this.

So I applaud Serena for being herself. I love her and love that she is not afraid to make a stink over what she feels is a bad call. I believe it was about the bad call because I did watch the match. She also exhibited a great degree of class in the end and she hugged and took up for Naomi Osaka.

Serena has a lot of haters. Most women (of all backgrounds) who don't conform to the behavior that people expect of a woman are judged negatively. Her haters to me is proof of her authenticity and her success as an athlete and a woman. The oft repeated phrase is actually true - "well behaved women seldom make history." Serena is a part of tennis legend - historic. Props to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
She has 23 majors, and she’s been a ball of rage her whole career.

What have you won? Maybe you should try a little rage for once.

I agree with the underlined portion. However, I don't believe she is a "ball of rage" I think she is fiercely competitive and she likes to win and gets into her game at a higher level than others - that is why she has been so successful.

Rage does have a place when it comes to passion for one's line of work.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:49 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,397,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Black population marriage rate is at 29%. Its the lowest in the country. 50 Years ago black marriage was at 70%. Most black men and black women marry each other. Black men are more likely to marry out than black women. Most black women prefer a black men, but as of recently things have changed. BLack women are beginning to avoid black men due to lack of building such as, no academic background, criminal element, no financial resources, and the list goes on. This puts black women in a tough spot when it comes to picking. Due to lack of building with black women, black women will have to marry out and produce with men of other races and raise their mixed kids as pure black. On the black men front, black men don't want to be with black women because black women are not feminine enough. Also black women carry a lot of weight in their debt for going for all these degrees. I should know this, my ex and my current girlfriend are master degree holders. I find it funny that some black women advocate against white men, especially pro blacks and black feminists, yet they are in relationships and even marry white the enemy. This is what I don't understand. Why?
Again, nothing I stated was false. Majority of black men marry black women. It's not a debate it's a fact. There is a higher number of interracial marriage all around. In fact, more Hispanic and Asian people are marrying interracially more than other groups. I think it's a good thing.

It's funny that you post all that, but fail to say one word about the angry white man.

The other poster is just angry and trolling. The one that claims to be a black conservative.

It's a pattern here for males to create posts telling minority folks and women how to act, vote or speak. Your negative agenda is not productive.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:50 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,656,841 times
Serena is a great tennis player, one of the best in history. But that does not give her the right to throw a temper tantrum and act like a spoiled brat. And blaming it on sexism and racism and what not is utter nonsense.

It does not matter if it white or black, male or female. All bad behavior should be called out, not condoned or idolized.

And the professor is an idiot for writing this c**p piece.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Black women can be as angry as they want, just don’t be surprised when black men continue to date outside their race.

Being black is stressful enough without the added stressor of coming home to an angry spouse.

FYI - over 85% of black men who are married are married to black women....

I'm a black woman and married to a black man.

I'll note that I do have white in-laws who have married my male relatives (I have 3, I also have an Asian in-law as well, and I have 3 female relatives who have married white men).

My white female in-laws are not pushovers - they get angry too at times.

IMO the idea that only black women get angry is pretty biased towards the fact that all women get angry sometimes. Anger is a common human emotion. I've joked with my white friends and family that IMO white women when they get angry, they will f**k up your whole life much moreso than a black woman will in many ways!! Ask any white man who's been taken to town in divorce by his ex. Ask Tiger Woods about that golf club to his windshield lol. All women, if pushed, will respond with anger - may seem sexist but IMO as a woman, I do think we women are more emotional than men and we do act on our emotions, IMO in a more healthy way than men do (we will actually feel and explain and act upon them instead of holding them in like men do) and so the idea that white women are "better" in this regard, in many ways is kind of an insult to white women - you are insinuating that they are weak, passive, and a pushover. The white women I know are not like that.

Old 09-12-2018, 07:59 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,981,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Again, nothing I stated was false. Majority of black men marry black women. It's not a debate it's a fact. There is a higher number of interracial marriage all around. In fact, more Hispanic and Asian people are marrying interracially more than other groups. I think it's a good thing.

It's funny that you post all that, but fail to say one word about the angry white man.

The other poster is just angry and trolling. The one that claims to be a black conservative.

It's a pattern here for males to create posts telling minority folks and women how to act, vote or speak. Your negative agenda is not productive.

I hope you know I was agreeing with your post. I don't know why are you bitter about my post a unless you are angry at all straight males.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:04 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,397,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I hope you know I was agreeing with your post. I don't know why are you bitter about my post a unless you are angry at all straight males.

Nothing bitter about what I said. It seems I made my point. Males here enjoy TRYING TO tell women and minority folks how to act and vote. Yet fail to address the rage of angry white males. Advice not needed.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:07 AM

52,505 posts, read 34,224,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Serena has a lot of haters. Most women (of all backgrounds) who don't conform to the behavior that people expect of a woman are judged negatively. Her haters to me is proof of her authenticity and her success as an athlete and a woman. The oft repeated phrase is actually true - "well behaved women seldom make history." Serena is a part of tennis legend - historic. Props to her.
hat·ers

/ˈhādərs/

plural noun

anyone who says anything remotely critical of poor, poor serena

Old 09-12-2018, 08:07 AM

6,252 posts, read 5,050,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Thanks to Serena, black women are now free to rage.

Serena Williams’s Gift to Naomi Osaka, and Women, at the U.S. Open
That is the biggest crock of horse manure I have read in quite a while. Holy crap, people are stupid.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:13 AM

16,200 posts, read 22,981,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Nothing bitter about what I said. It seems I made my point. Males here enjoy TRYING TO tell women and minority folks how to act and vote. Yet fail to address the rage of angry white males. Advice not needed.
Lol I have address white male anger before on this platform. You did not give me the chance to address and decided to attack me for not addressing it. Typical angry black tactics and utilize and finger pointing at one race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies