Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:49 AM

46,298 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
?

I'm taking it IN context.

The hurricane happened. Devastating damage. Very very slow ineffective disaster relief.

For a US territory, that we should take care of the way we will take care of North Carolina.

Day 1 post landfall:

Quote:
Thursday, September 21 – Post-Landfall
  • FEMA’s NRCC is fully activated with all emergency support functions operational. FEMA holds daily video-teleconference with leadership across various departments and agencies.
  • There are more than 3,500 federal staff on the ground in Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands supporting response and recovery operations from Hurricanes Maria and Irma.
  • Two FEMA US&R task forces and support resources are in Puerto Rico conducting reconnaissance and search and rescue. An additional team is on St. Croix conducting search and rescue and reconnaissance.
  • Commodities in FEMA’s Puerto Rico Distribution Center include more than 274,000 meals, 25 generators, and more than 500 cots.
  • USACE completes a Blue Roof install on Cyril E. King Airport on St. Thomas. Additionally, USACE has 27 generators on hand in St. Thomas with additional commodities to be delivered when conditions permit.
  • HHS declares a public health emergency in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Four additional DMATs will arrive in Puerto Rico on September 22.
  • Vessels are loaded for U.S. Virgin Islands with 1.3million meals, 2 million liters water, 30 generators, 6,000 cots.
  • There are six U.S. Navy helicopters stationed and three Marine Osprey aircraft in the Caribbean.
  • More than 700 National Guard are mobilized to Puerto Rico and more than 900 National Guard are mobilized to the U.S. Virgin Islands.
  • Western Area Power Administration, in coordination with Department of Energy, deploys an eight-member advance team in Puerto Rico.
  • Department of Interior Office of Law Enforcement has 50 personnel in Puerto Rico.
  • Air support (MH-60s) and other assets from the amphibious ships USS Kearsage and USS Oak Hill begin performing search and rescue flights and aerial damage assessments over U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, and assist with restoration of damaged airfields.
Was/is It perfect, of course not....

https://www.fema.gov/blog/2017-09-29...urricane-maria

A good timeline of what actually happened, not what the MSM stated happened....some people are going to hate this....oh well....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Day 1 post landfall:

[/list]Was/is It perfect, of course not....

https://www.fema.gov/blog/2017-09-29...urricane-maria

A good timeline of what actually happened, not what the MSM stated happened....some people are going to hate this....oh well....
You can quote the different links, but unless you know people who are/were there you don't get the whole story.

Just like what's still going on in Port Arthur, Texas, post Harvey. People are donating books for the libraries in the elementary schools. Literally. Parts of Port Aransas are still in shambles, and their schools finally re-opened in May after being closed since September, and there were no funds for Project Graduation or the traditional scholarships.

If you don't know people who are there, you wouldn't know the depth of devastation if you only rely on links.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:00 AM

10,532 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Yes it is, it's also a public board, if you don't want a response, don't post...that's how it works.
Your responses to my original posts are non sequiturs.

I also never said that I didn't want a response, however conversations are usually a two way thing: Here's how it usually goes:
Let's say I post something, then another poster responds and either disagrees or agrees with what I said, with something to support their argument either way.

As opposed to you who seems to be having an argument with yourself.

Quote:
I don't care, this is a public board, don't like it, don't post. Don't like responses to your public post then get with a mod, or don't post....
Again, I don't follow your instructions

Quote:
The response was, not the 3,000, and lets not forget the mayor was complaining about not having supplies while they were right behind her....

And lets not forget this little tidbit....that everybody seems to miss:
Yes, you already posted that and I already told you - it's NOT my argument.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:04 AM

46,298 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Your responses to my original posts are non sequiturs..

Because you say...I don't listen to you either....

Quote:
I also never said that I didn't want a response, however conversations are usually a two way thing: Here's how it usually goes:
Let's say I post something, then another poster responds and either disagrees or agrees with what I said, with something to support their argument either way..

Yes they are, you posted something, I provided some facts that goes against what you posted, you don't like it and now, here you are arguing.

Quote:
As opposed to you who seems to be having an argument with yourself..
Nope, providing facts, that you seem to disagree with...public board, remember....

Quote:
Again, I don't follow your instructions .
Again, public board, don't want responses, don't post.
Quote:
Yes, you already posted that and I already told you - it's NOT my argument.

Then why did you post what you did?

Old 09-12-2018, 09:08 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
trump cult are simply being obtuse. They’re irrelevant just like trump.
if trump is irrelevant, why do you and your ilk spend most of your waking moments raging about him?

Old 09-12-2018, 09:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump says US response to Puerto Rico hurricanes was 'incredible, unsung success' | Fox News

The man's concern for others is the very definition of underwhelming.
Yeah. No one is singing about all those deaths and Trump gives HIMSELF an A+

Old 09-12-2018, 09:09 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
trump cult are simply being obtuse. They’re irrelevant just like trump.
I wish that were the case, but the Trump base is currently the most powerful political force in the US and Trump is the most powerful man in the world, whether you like it or not.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:11 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You can quote the different links, but unless you know people who are/were there you don't get the whole story.

Just like what's still going on in Port Arthur, Texas, post Harvey. People are donating books for the libraries in the elementary schools. Literally. Parts of Port Aransas are still in shambles, and their schools finally re-opened in May after being closed since September, and there were no funds for Project Graduation or the traditional scholarships.

If you don't know people who are there, you wouldn't know the depth of devastation if you only rely on links.
If we're playing that game I know people from both Puerto Rico and Texas and although some of them came out of it better than others none of them have expressed dissatisfaction with the federal response to the storms.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:12 AM

10,532 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Because you say...I don't listen to you either....

Yes they are, you posted something, I provided some facts that goes against what you posted, you don't like it and now, here you are arguing.

Nope, providing facts, that you seem to disagree with...public board, remember....

Again, public board, don't want responses, don't post.

Then why did you post what you did?

Chucksnee you have not listened to or comprehended a single thing I have said.

So continue arguing with yourself and repeating yourself over and over, rinse and repeat. I have other things to do with my day.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:13 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump says US response to Puerto Rico hurricanes was 'incredible, unsung success' | Fox News

The man's concern for others is the very definition of underwhelming.
The correct word would be nonexistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies