Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 08:00 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

We could send a thousand crop sprayers with Round Up in the tank and kill all the poppy fields. Wars over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 08:20 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
We could send a thousand crop sprayers with Round Up in the tank and kill all the poppy fields. Wars over.
That's logical. Doesn't happen though does it? I wonder why that is.......

Old 09-13-2018, 08:25 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post

Killing poppies are not the answer. If the war were that easy to end it would be over already.

The Taliban are like a medieval death cult who want to turn back the clock a 1000 years. Unless one is prepared to take a Ghengis Khan approach to the issue, it is not going to be resolved - regardless of US involvement.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:30 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,938,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Killing poppies are not the answer. If the war were that easy to end it would be over already.

The Taliban are like a medieval death cult who want to turn back the clock a 1000 years. Unless one is prepared to take a Ghengis Khan approach to the issue, it is not going to be resolved - regardless of US involvement.
This is why the US should just pull out we have done enough damage to the region for next century.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:37 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,009,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
We are there because the bad guys who attacked us are not completely defeated. If we leavw the bad guys (aka radical Islamic terrorists) there they will simply take over the country and use it as a base to attack us again just like they did in 01. I don’t care if it takes 100 years we need to stay until the victory is complete.
They won the war.. We spent how many billions to trillions of dollars all to find a few shady people and are crippling our own country with debt and division among political lines.. But keep thinking your way..

Old 09-13-2018, 09:18 AM

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'll ask again, did the Taliban attack us?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tan.terrorism5
Ok I’ll give you my answer but I know I am wasting my time here. I am not sure if you are old enough to remember 9-11 or not but the country was in no mood to negotiate with these tyrants. A large section of NYCs financial district was still smoldering, thousands of our innocent civilians were dead and you think our President should have negotiated with the Taliban whom was protecting Bin Laden? By housing his terrorist base we had a legal right to invade Afghanistan.

As far as those other posters suggesting we deserved the attack I will say to you this....your views are despicable. Bin laden cited our presence in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf war as a primary reason for the attack. We were asked by the Saudis and Kuwaitis to help them defend themselves from Saddams aggression. We did that and then left. We did not deserve to have our people attacked. I will never forget what Islamic extremists did to our country on 9-11 and I will never forgive it either. No American should ever forgive it. We should always look to the Arab Middle East as a dangerous place filled with people we cannot trust. We defended Saudi Arabia in 1991 and 10 years later some of its sons joined the evil conspiracy against us. We have no real friends in that part of the world other than Israel. The rest are either “friends” we cannot trust or open declared enemies. Way too many of the posters in here are deluded by their belief in multi culturalism, a leftist worldview and white guilt. Because of this you fail to see the forest for thru the trees. You will still be preaching pacifist multicultural nonesense the day we are hit again.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:32 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

Not our problem. Afghanistan is not one of our states.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:35 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Ok I’ll give you my answer but I know I am wasting my time here. I am not sure if you are old enough to remember 9-11 or not but the country was in no mood to negotiate with these tyrants. A large section of NYCs financial district was still smoldering, thousands of our innocent civilians were dead and you think our President should have negotiated with the Taliban whom was protecting Bin Laden? By housing his terrorist base we had a legal right to invade Afghanistan.
We shouldn't have armed and funded Bin Laden to start with.

Quote:
As far as those other posters suggesting we deserved the attack I will say to you this....your views are despicable. Bin laden cited our presence in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf war as a primary reason for the attack. We were asked by the Saudis and Kuwaitis to help them defend themselves from Saddams aggression. We did that and then left. We did not deserve to have our people attacked. I will never forget what Islamic extremists did to our country on 9-11 and I will never forgive it either. No American should ever forgive it. We should always look to the Arab Middle East as a dangerous place filled with people we cannot trust. We defended Saudi Arabia in 1991 and 10 years later some of its sons joined the evil conspiracy against us. We have no real friends in that part of the world other than Israel. The rest are either “friends” we cannot trust or open declared enemies. Way too many of the posters in here are deluded by their belief in multi culturalism, a leftist worldview and white guilt. Because of this you fail to see the forest for thru the trees. You will still be preaching pacifist multicultural nonesense the day we are hit again.
We are and were constantly screwing them. Israel will also stab us in the back if it benefits them.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
What would happen to the US drug war if this was done? If there were hardly any drugs coming into the US, it would be disastrous for Law enforcement, budgets would be cut, big drop in cash and property seizures, far less people being arrested/ sent to prison, etc etc.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:40 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:

Then we should get the hell out. Never should have been there in the first place. You can also thank Charlie Wilson. IDK how much weapons he got delivered. According to the book, the Saudis and Pakis and Israelis matched the funding he got for weapons.

Stop buying anything the Afghans sell. Stop selling them anything.

Perhaps Putin can explain to Trump what nearly bankrupted the Soviet Union and was one of the causes of the collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies