Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 10:24 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
He is an idiot. I cannot wait to **** on his grave.
You do realize you have TDS, right?

Old 09-12-2018, 10:35 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So you agree Americans should be taxed in order to exercise their right of free speech?
It’s to pay for the cleanup after the protests. I am for it.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:38 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Any group that uses a public space should clean up after itself, whether the event is a political protest or a church picnic, but this goes a lot further than asking people to do that.
I’d say a returnable deposit might be in order if the protesters have economic resources

Old 09-12-2018, 10:41 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It’s to pay for the cleanup after the protests. I am for it.

Make it refundable.....

Leave the place in good order the way the TEA party always did, and you get your deposit back.....

Poop on a police car?

Not so much.....

Old 09-12-2018, 10:48 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Make it refundable.....

Leave the place in good order the way the TEA party always did, and you get your deposit back.....

Poop on a police car?

Not so much.....
Google garbage aftermath of Tea Party protests. The images of garbage left behind will rival every other big protest.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:51 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Google garbage aftermath of Tea Party protests. The images of garbage left behind will rival every other big protest.
#fakenews. I went to a TP rally in DC with hundreds of thousands of people and when we all left it was spotless. Everyone picked up after themselves.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
#fakenews. I went to a TP rally in DC with hundreds of thousands of people and when we all left it was spotless. Everyone picked up after themselves.
Sure they did. Those pictures of abandoned Tea Party signs and garbage are all fake. Uh, huh.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:19 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Totally absurd. I'll bet Trump thought this up without asking a constitutional lawyer if it is legal.

Can the president just institute a tax without congressional approval? So it will go to the Supreme Court and even with it packed by Trump--I don't see that it is at all legal to deny people their constitutional rights. That's like making people pay to vote. Just not gonna fly.

You know why he's doing this? Because it hurts his fragile ego when people protest against his policies and his actions.

Kind of hilarious to think that if there was an organic protest where people just showed up at the WH, somebody would be sent outside to the crowd to demand payment. Who would it be? Sanders? Jared? Miller?

He pulls this crap and there will definitely be people protesting. Geez, you would think the guy is trying to help the Dems win.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:47 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Totally absurd. I'll bet Trump thought this up without asking a constitutional lawyer if it is legal.

Can the president just institute a tax without congressional approval? So it will go to the Supreme Court and even with it packed by Trump--I don't see that it is at all legal to deny people their constitutional rights. That's like making people pay to vote. Just not gonna fly.

You know why he's doing this? Because it hurts his fragile ego when people protest against his policies and his actions.

Kind of hilarious to think that if there was an organic protest where people just showed up at the WH, somebody would be sent outside to the crowd to demand payment. Who would it be? Sanders? Jared? Miller?

He pulls this crap and there will definitely be people protesting. Geez, you would think the guy is trying to help the Dems win.
Maybe. After all, he could not have won without Hillary. Who you gonna run next time?

Old 09-12-2018, 12:15 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Oh for Petes sake this was thought up by the NPS. Its not an executive order its a proposal by the NPS.

"The National Park Service is looking into modifying the rules that govern free speech demonstrations and special events in Washington. One proposal under consideration is charging a fee to organizers who want to hold demonstrations on and around the National Mall.
"

https://www.nps.gov/nama/learn/news/...t-08-06-18.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies