Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2018, 01:13 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Congress should reopen the Benghazi hearings in place of the Mueller investigation.
Well if we take the Benghazi approach then this investigation would just be the third one (after the two Congressional probes). After Mueller is done, we would need to have about 7 more investigations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 01:13 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Gee, think how much they can get out of the Trump family - after all, Trump bragged he's "REALLY rich".
Trump may end up getting rid of the deficit after all.
LOL

Ken

Old 09-14-2018, 01:14 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
I, for one, really really like all this winning! And, there’s a lot more winning yet to come! We’re still only in 7th inning.

Again, every day another news event makes my bet that Trump won’t be in office on Jan.1, 2019 look better-and-better!
Don't get your hopes up. Republicans in office and out will do whatever they can to protect BLOTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Paul Manafort—Guilty & Cooperating
Rick Gates—Guilty & Cooperating
Mike Flynn—Guilty & Cooperating
Papadopoulos—Guilty & Cooperating
Michael Cohen—Guilty & Cooperating

Mueller is batting 1000, he is 5-for-5

Now that's what I call WINNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Lock them up! Lock them up! If anyone thinks all the people that Trump surrounds himself with are guilty but Trump isn't guilty, you are gullible.

So much for drain the swamp. It looks like Mueller is draining the entire pond.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
There is no telling who Mueller gives up for his plea, Jared, Don Jr, Ivanka, even the fat maniac himself.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:15 PM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Liberal here. While everyone focuses on collusion, there is a ton of other impeachable things being ignored, including violation of the emoluments clause. If Trump had a brain he would divorce himself from his money matters better. But if Trump is innocent of collusion as per Mueller, I believe it.

I've said all along that the most likely scenario is some of his staff colluding, and not him. But eventually e will learn the reality of it one way or another.
Manafort ain't giving them nuthin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
And you know this how? Did you get an email from Manafort!?
No.

Candygram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Special counsels are a joke!!!! remember the Clintons investigation of Whitewater? 15 people around the Clintons were indicted and convicted and nothing on the Clintons.

Paul Manafort's cooperation agreement with the special counsel does not include matters involving the Trump campaign, according to a person familiar with the case.

This is big. Paul Manafort is cooperating with the Special Counsel but not on ANY matters involving the Trump campaign. Still nothing on Russian collusion. There are however foreshadowing references to the Podesta Group in the court documents though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
They don't give plea deals for "nuthin".
Outside of Manafort's stinky ass, that's all they got. Nuthin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Things aren’t looking good for Two Scoops. Can’t wait to see what the lap dogs on Fox will have to say. Hannity is probably on the phone with the White House now discussing how to spin this. Whatever they come up with, it’s going to be pathetic.
Hannity shrugged it off as the Nuthin it was and is onto the next topic.

Look at you dorks act all giddy!

Impeach Fodifav! Impeach Fodifav!

Quote:
Things aren’t looking good for Two Scoops. Can’t wait to see what the lap dogs on Fox will have to say. Hannity is probably on the phone with the White House now discussing how to spin this. Whatever they come up with, it’s going to be pathetic.
Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Quote:
I bet before this is all over even Giuliani flips on Two Scoops. We should start plans for the Mueller statue now.
Yeeah wir gonna git em now! Derkider!

Quote:
The reality of the situation would seem to indicate that you are in fact wrong.
Yeah well we'll see.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-14-2018 at 01:45 PM..

Old 09-14-2018, 01:15 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,958 times
Quote:
Liberal here. While everyone focuses on collusion, there is a ton of other impeachable things being ignored, including violation of the emoluments clause. If Trump had a brain he would divorce himself from his money matters better. But if Trump is innocent of collusion as per Mueller, I believe it.

I've said all along that the most likely scenario is some of his staff colluding, and not him. But eventually e will learn the reality of it one way or another.
If there was collusion, he did know. He may be able to maintain plausible deniability to one extent or another, but I seriously doubt that someone saying “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 missing emails. I’m sure you’ll be rewarded mightly by the press.”

Old 09-14-2018, 01:16 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Manafort ain't giving them nuthin.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:16 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,183,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
There’s no way Trump didn’t commit a crime (especially for the fact the mandate of the investigation is incredibly broad; rather it be Conspiracy, Money Laundering, Obstruction, Etc he did commit a crime); the question at this point is how will the court of opinion play out? If Trump is found innocent of conspiracy/collusion, and instead is charged with perjury in the event he does an interview or he evaded taxes, my guess is the American people will side with him. On the opposing hand, and this most applies to people who aren’t die-hard Trumpsr supporters, if any level of the Russian allegations are true, then he should be arrested.

Collusion is different for everyone really. I believe there is quid pro quo established. Putin can tolerate sanctions being placed on Russia so as long as Trump continues to rip apart US/Western/World institutions.
I'm trying not to let my dislike for Trump bias my comment here, but why would you believe the American people would side with him if he's charged with perjury when they don't stand with him now? He's dislike/disapproved of more than he's like/approved of.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Generally you can only take such a deal if you can implicate someone else of equal or greater value in the criminal enterprise.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:19 PM

352 posts, read 518,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I'm trying not to let my dislike for Trump bias my comment here, but why would you believe the American people would side with him if he's charged with perjury when they don't stand with him now? He's dislike/disapproved of more than he's like/approved of.
I think it depends on what the perjury charge is on.

The American people sided with Clinton on that because they didn't care about him getting a blow job, they viewed that as his personal life.

If trump is busted with perjury for lying about something that effects the Government or the lives of Americans, i think they may not side with him.

Just my thoughts on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies