Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 09:12 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm curious-how many mothers of 3 month old infants leave their child and go spend a couple days at a sporting event?
Probably just those with a supportive partner who can help out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 09:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Good for her. No small feat and most of the people that will comment against it probably get winded getting off the crapper.
Remarkable would be feeding triplets some of the sweaty brew.
I admire the baby though. He takes it shaken, not stirred.

That's how you will know they are conservative athletes.
Even though winded they can get off the crapper.

Old 09-13-2018, 10:30 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Who is she inspiring to do what by breastfeeding?

Old 09-13-2018, 10:42 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,088,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm curious-how many mothers of 3 month old infants leave their child and go spend a couple days at a sporting event?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Probably just those with a supportive partner who can help out.

Yes a supportive partner would be a great help. I think this is fantastic but I also wonder why it’s necessary to do the extreme when you do have a newborn. No I couldn’t do what she did and am not claiming such, but I think even if she’s in shape it’s not good to put your body through such physical extreme activity when she’s already done a marathon and gave birth very recently. Is she trying to blow her heart out? I think she’s obsessed with the whole process of marathon and the pinnacle of exhaustion.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:38 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Yes a supportive partner would be a great help. I think this is fantastic but I also wonder why it’s necessary to do the extreme when you do have a newborn. No I couldn’t do what she did and am not claiming such, but I think even if she’s in shape it’s not good to put your body through such physical extreme activity when she’s already done a marathon and gave birth very recently. Is she trying to blow her heart out? I think she’s obsessed with the whole process of marathon and the pinnacle of exhaustion.
Perhaps she is. Perhaps this is a rare event that's hard to get into and this is her chance. And it's not necessary to do hypermarathons at all, ever - but we're humans, we do tons of things that aren't necessary. She's out there doing, not watching, and I salute that. And I might give her a thought next time I'm tempted to walk that rassum frassum hill on my 10K.

The kid is fine, the mother is fine, all is well.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:02 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
No doubt these extreme endurance sports are very addicting. All those endorphins being released... the feeling of supreme accomplishment that comes with doing something that hard. But it's way beyond the optimum level of exercise for good health.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:04 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
No doubt these extreme endurance sports are very addicting. All those endorphins being released... the feeling of supreme accomplishment that comes with doing something that hard. But it's way beyond the optimum level of exercise for good health.
They used to have a name for it. It was called a positive addiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies