Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 02:42 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What? "Trump lets 3000 die in Puerto Rico" ??

How did he do that? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink..

Trump gave them aide and supplies to help and they either squandered it or hoarded it. How is he to blame for that? What are we supposed to do in the wake of another calamity? send in the marines to make sure that the supplies get to where they are needed?
Actually, President Trump DID "send in the Marines" to help Puerto Rico. They did supply transfers, rescues and Grid work. There is no question that Puerto Rico was both unprepared and already in a Crisis situation due to their bad infrastructure.

Quote:
The 3000 dead tally is not a real number and actually came from a computer model but that doesn't matter because they used Liberal math much like how the gun violence stats are collected as evidence to overturn the Second amendment.
The Death Count from Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico was 64 deaths - that clearly does not seem correct. George Washington University did a "study" on the deaths and Guess-ti-Mated that the Death Count should have been 2,975. We will never know the real number - it's wasn't 64 and the 2,975 is a guess. Harvard also did a "study" and their number was 4,600. Turns out the Mayor (Trump's favorite fan in Puerto Rico & Leftist Media Darling) is responsible for a lot of the data.

I'm still reading the GWU study - it looks like they pretty much ignored the people who left the Island and then counted them as "dead from the Hurricane" - not accounting for the huge numbers that left because of the Energy problems. They also said the Doctors and Authorities don't know how to report deaths correctly ...... and then they base their entire study on the past records of the same Doctors and Authorities for their data.

Are these "studies" Politically motivated????? Probably yes, as long as they can come up with anything to discredit the President of the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 03:09 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm trying to figure this out and maybe you can help?

For nearly 8 years Obama blamed Bush for everything that was wrong with America.

Today Obama is taking credit for everything that is good with America even though we are nearly 2 years in with Trump as the President.

The Lefty Obama Loving folks are ever ready to swoop in like vultures to pick at every questionable part, policies and decisions that Trump makes but they never criticize Obama?

For example: The Left is pounding Trump and blaming him for the nearly 3000 deaths that have happened on Puerto Rico since hurricane Maria struck BUT when 4 Americans were murdered during the Benghazi attack Obama blamed a video that no one saw?

Trump delivers supplies to the island and then the elected fail to distribute it to the needy and it is his fault while Obama failed to protect and save 4 Americans because he and Hillary were playing politics while the attack played out before them and somehow it is not their fault?

We now know that Obama likes to take the credit for the good things and pass the blame for the bad.

Is this a trait of the Left or all politicians in general ?

Or is it a simplified perception? Obama Good, Trump bad?
I think your post typifies the Trumpian era. Just deny reality and make totally unsubstantiated claims.

"Today Obama is taking credit for everything that is good with America..."
When did that occur? Definitely a Trumpian Alternative Fact.

"The Left is pounding Trump and blaming him for the nearly 3000 deaths.."
Trump is being pounded because he can't even acknowledge that not everything went so well in the Puerto Rican response. Remember the question Our Dear Leader was asked was what lessons were learned in response to hurricane Maria. Instead he spouted a bunch of Trumpian Alternative facts.

"when 4 Americans were murdered during the Benghazi attack Obama blamed a video that no one saw?" How many investigations do you need? It was the CIA that linked the attack in Benghazi to the video. A position they didn't change for almost 3 weeks.

"Trump delivers supplies to the island and then the elected fail to distribute it" Are you referring to the water which was delivered months after the Hurricane?

"Obama failed to protect and save 4 Americans because he and Hillary were playing politics while the attack played out before them and somehow it is not their fault" Again how many investigations do you need? There is zero evidence that either Obama or Hilary played politics with the Benghazi response.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:18 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,418,578 times
Trump is a narcissistic person. He has never admitted to any of his mistakes or lies in office. He has never apologized for his false allegations. That is the definition of a person that can't be trusted. It is a person that only looks out for their own best interests.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:20 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,379,222 times
This is one of the reasons why, historically, former presidents just shut and go home. The more they complain, the more it brings out the current President's supporters. Obama is committing a faux pas.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:58 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Trump is a narcissistic person. He has never admitted to any of his mistakes or lies in office. He has never apologized for his false allegations. That is the definition of a person that can't be trusted. It is a person that only looks out for their own best interests.
The above post precisely describes Hillary Clinton and several other "top level" Democrats. Pelosi, Obama, Reid, Lois Lerner, Eric Holder, etc. All they do is lie and desperately cling to their own delusional belief of virtue. It has become a continual cycle of crying wolf in the mainstream media--immigration, Kavanaugh, ("thousands of women will DIE if he is appointed!"). If they had a small fraction of this compassion for American foster children and our own veterans and the broken VA system, I might believe they genuinely cared about immigrants.

American voters are tired of the politicians looking out for each others' political security. They wanted someone who was outside the political loop. And with plenty of top Democratic Party members' encouragement and blessing (they believed that Hillary would have the easiest victory against Trump, because....of course even ailing Clinton can beat him! ), Trump became the Republican candidate for the election.

The Democratic Party's strategy seems to be this: Do everything except be straightforward. Lie, spin, and project their dirty deeds onto the other team. We can count on this attitude from Democratic Party leaders every day.

Last edited by Fern435; 09-13-2018 at 04:07 PM..

Old 09-13-2018, 04:49 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Only 38% welcome Obama back on the campaign trail

Democrats think former President Obama’s presence on the campaign trail is a boost for candidates in their party, but all voters aren’t as convinced.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 38% of Likely U.S. Voters say they are more likely to vote for a candidate whom Obama campaigns for, while 36% say they are less likely. Twenty-four percent (24%) feel an Obama endorsement has no impact on their vote.
Democrats lost 76 House seats and 15 Senate seats during Obama‘s terms & 1,000 Democrat held seats in Local/State offices.

Now the former president is determined they never get them back!
Most interesting was his lead in statement about how "former Presidents don't speak ill of current Presidents" and the long history of that tradition. Then he launches his tirade against President Trump by claim to just be a 'citizen' .... like we was never a President and that long held tradition doesn't apply to him at all.

He may have a point there - He wasn't a very good President, I expect he can see that now.
I don't remember any President in my lifetime (I remember IKE) who had so much wind at his back, who had so much opportunity and who wasted it all. I find that incredibly sad.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:57 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Democrats lost 76 House seats and 15 Senate seats during Obama‘s terms & 1,000 Democrat held seats in Local/State offices.

Now the former president is determined they never get them back!
Most interesting was his lead in statement about how "former Presidents don't speak ill of current Presidents" and the long history of that tradition. Then he launches his tirade against President Trump by claim to just be a 'citizen' .... like we was never a President and that long held tradition doesn't apply to him at all.

He may have a point there - He wasn't a very good President, I expect he can see that now.
I don't remember any President in my lifetime (I remember IKE) who had so much wind at his back, who had so much opportunity and who wasted it all. I find that incredibly sad.
Wind at his back? He was President during a period of absolute Republican obstructionism.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:02 PM

435 posts, read 175,928 times
I remember Obama talking about inheriting two wars and a financial collapse when Republicans complained about spending and the state of the economy. A normal person might see that as a rational part of explaining where we were at, a Fox news viewer called it blaming and complaining because people like Hannity said it a dozen times each night.

If people were complaining about the debt, you might feel compelled to explain that the financial collapse and two wars played a central role in explosive deficits.

Every time I hear republicans complaining about trump being picked apart, I can't help but laugh and think about the first time Michelle Obama wore a sleeveless dress or when she tried to get kids to eat more healthy.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:19 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
You nailed it and the more the left complains and blames Trump the more people will vote for Trump as Obama tries to convince people about how great Obama was, playing the president!

Trump is who he is...the same person he showed us during the election time frame when Trump beat 17 candidates or more!
B.S. both blame the other equally.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:21 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
I remember Obama talking about inheriting two wars and a financial collapse when Republicans complained about spending and the state of the economy. A normal person might see that as a rational part of explaining where we were at, a Fox news viewer called it blaming and complaining because people like Hannity said it a dozen times each night.

If people were complaining about the debt, you might feel compelled to explain that the financial collapse and two wars played a central role in explosive deficits.

Every time I hear republicans complaining about trump being picked apart, I can't help but laugh and think about the first time Michelle Obama wore a sleeveless dress or when she tried to get kids to eat more healthy.
I can remember it all. The GOP sending out postcards of watermelons growing on the White House lawn. Obama wearing a tan suit. Michelle being likened to an ape, it was everywhere. Trump supporters crying now is fairly comical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies