Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 03:00 PM

69 posts, read 87,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Here ya go scrip... Maybe you'd better register, as you obviously have problems.

This is a link to the author of the article quoted...

Search Results Page (http://www.narth.com/menus/search.html?cx=007457206426124633447%3Adybvfspccfw &cof=FORID%3A11&q=nicolosi&sa=go#941 - broken link)

Indeed, you've provided links on Nicolosi. Which one supports the claim made by denverian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
What do you mean by jamming? Telling the truth?
Here's a google link for you on Madsen and Kirk's jamming.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:04 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrip View Post
Hmm. I think you're confusing NARTH with some other group. Either that or you're purposely misrepresenting NARTH.

Do you just make that up or pull it from another site that is misrepresenting NARTH? Please provide a direct link to the NARTH site from where you pulled that quote.
Berman

No, it came straight from the NARTH site. This entire page is twisted facts from a few interviews 3 decades ago and ridiculous! I'm reading their claims about gay relationships and it's comical. Very strange that in my 13 year relationship, we've remained in love, monagamous, and have two children. According to NARTH, we must be one couple in a million to exist this way! But then it doesn't explain all the other gay couples we know who are the same way. Sorry you put so much trust in an organization that feeds you lies.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Here's a google link for you on Madsen and Kirk's jamming.
What a joke! When anti-gay groups create their own statistics and spread lies about gay people to dehumanize them, blame them for everything, and scare people, you think we're going to accept your lies as a valid opinion?

By claiming "jamming", you're simply defecting the truth.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
More jamming here.

I greatly encourage everybody reading this thread to google all the people and all the sites I've listed. Please do. What you'll find are real scientists who happen to be gay. You'll also read they are well known, not kooks and their science, quotes and studies have been clearly stated.
Well known? Maybe in your "ex gay" circles. They're hardly well known, and definitely on the fringes.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:13 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,607,517 times
MamaBee
Quote:
...I'm the last person to be standing around holding a bible...
Your telling me!

So where do you get your smarts?

Old 06-12-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Berman

No, it came straight from the NARTH site.
Context is everything. Here's the full quote:
Gay writers give the impression that gay couples enjoy a beautiful relationship, and when their sexual interest in each other wanes, they often remain good friends. From his experience as a therapist, however, Nicolosi describes gay partnerships as bedeviled by cheating, teasing, fights, jealousy, rage, suspicion, envy, restlessness, and disappointment. Nicolosi writes, "Homosexual relationships are so characteristically volatile because the homosexual hates what he loves. He realizes on some level that no man can fulfill his unrealistic expectations (Nicolosi 1993, p. 152)." "In all my work with many couples, both homosexual and heterosexual, the most violent domestic arguments have occurred in male relationships," Nicolosi (1993) reflects.
A cop friend of mine says pretty much the same thing, as he's seen a lot of what is described above as well as some of my friends who live next door to a gay couple. Perhaps your experience is different from a therapist and a cop as they see the side of people you may not see.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:

By claiming "jamming", you're simply defecting the truth.
Um, I have Kirk and Madsen's book and they very much write about jamming, which is exactly what you're doing.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Well known? Maybe in your "ex gay" circles. They're hardly well known, and definitely on the fringes.
Obviously you are not very well educated on the science or scientists who study homosexuality. LeVay and Hamer are very well known with both (I believe) making the cover of TIME magazine. Well, I know for a fact that LeVay made the cover as I have that copy, and I believe Hamer did as well.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Context is everything. Here's the full quote:
Gay writers give the impression that gay couples enjoy a beautiful relationship, and when their sexual interest in each other wanes, they often remain good friends. From his experience as a therapist, however, Nicolosi describes gay partnerships as bedeviled by cheating, teasing, fights, jealousy, rage, suspicion, envy, restlessness, and disappointment. Nicolosi writes, "Homosexual relationships are so characteristically volatile because the homosexual hates what he loves. He realizes on some level that no man can fulfill his unrealistic expectations (Nicolosi 1993, p. 152)." "In all my work with many couples, both homosexual and heterosexual, the most violent domestic arguments have occurred in male relationships," Nicolosi (1993) reflects.
A cop friend of mine says pretty much the same thing, as he's seen a lot of what is described above as well as some of my friends who live next door to a gay couple. Perhaps your experience is different from a therapist and a cop as they see the side of people you may not see.
How is that out of context? The entire thing you post is a load of bull!

I can say that in my relatiohship, sexual interest hasn't waned. But even if it does as we age, the same thing happens with hetero relatiohships! I'm so sure all these married senior citizens are gettin' at it 5 times a week (sorry for the visual!)

I've seen episodes of cops and they primarily deal with stupid people, gay or straight. If I judged all heterosesuals based on the morons I've seen on episodes of "COPS", then I could say the same thing about straight people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies