Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2008, 08:46 PM

409 posts, read 1,505,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
You sound like you have issues too...how can you possibly accuse someone of being hateful when nothing of the sort has been said? Because they disagree with choices some people make in life it makes them hateful? Lots of people would disagree with things I've done in my life and choices I make but I wouldn't accuse them of being hateful...or scared. Are you in touch with reality?

Where on earth did you get that number...1/3 of suicides are because the person was gay? Please provide a source.
Gay suicide risk definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms easily defined on MedTerms

And this is one of hundreds out there. Its quite a common statistic believe it or not. And no, I do not have issues. Saying you disagree with homosexuality is like saying you disagree with black people, because they are black, or redheads, because they have red hair. There, you heard it from a gay man. The sooner you people open up your mind, and listen to gay people, they will consistently tell you they did not chose to be that way. In fact, I hate it more when people call it a lifestyle. Its not a lifestyle, its NATURE!!!!!! Accept it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 08:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
Gay suicide risk definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms easily defined on MedTerms

And this is one of hundreds out there. Its quite a common statistic believe it or not. And no, I do not have issues. Saying you disagree with homosexuality is like saying you disagree with black people, because they are black, or redheads, because they have red hair. There, you heard it from a gay man. The sooner you people open up your mind, and listen to gay people, they will consistently tell you they did not chose to be that way. In fact, I hate it more when people call it a lifestyle. Its not a lifestyle, its NATURE!!!!!! Accept it....
No disrespect meant to anyone, but she doesn't have to accept it. You do.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:48 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
A general decline in the ethical level of the society is not remedied -- or even addressed -- by redefining mariage. The two phenomena are not even remotely related.
I believe that they are intrinsically linked.

How can we possibly put homosexuality under a microscope but refuse to look at the state of heterosexual marriage, and lack of it. Because that is the irony, isn't it? How many straight couples refuse marriage claiming it is just a piece of paper? Too many. And yet here are couples who wish to declare themselves as a couple under the eyes of the law. And yet this is dirty, perverse? I say we straight people need to clean our own houses before we condemn others for wanting what we have effectively coarsened and thrown away.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I believe that they are intrinsically linked.

How can we possibly put homosexuality under a microscope but refuse to look at the state of heterosexual marriage, and lack of it. Because that is the irony, isn't it? How many straight couples refuse marriage claiming it is just a piece of paper? Too many. And yet here are couples who wish to declare themselves as a couple under the eyes of the law. And yet this is dirty, perverse? I say we straight people need to clean our own houses before we condemn others for wanting what we have effectively coarsened and thrown away.
Society is filled with ironies. I remain unconvinced that that fact has any bearing on our definition of marriage, and its central importance to our culture. Pejorative terms like "dirty" are irrelevant.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:53 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
i think we should make up a seperate type of marriage for gays so everyone can quit complaining

Old 04-02-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
No disrespect meant to anyone, but she doesn't have to accept it. You do.
You're right. She doesn't HAVE to accept it. The gay people that know her will just be much happier when she does because I guarantee you she is at the very least aquainted with a gay person.

I am very passionate about this issue. I once had a coworker tell another coworker of mine (who happens to be a very good friend) not to share a cigarette with me because I might have AIDS.

This is the world we live in. Where is the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for gays????

Old 04-02-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
i think we should make up a seperate type of marriage for gays so everyone can quit complaining
Why does it need to be seperate?

Old 04-02-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
You're right. She doesn't HAVE to accept it. The gay people that know her will just be much happier when she does because I guarantee you she is at the very least aquainted with a gay person.

I am very passionate about this issue. I once had a coworker tell another coworker of mine (who happens to be a very good friend) not to share a cigarette with me because I might have AIDS.

This is the world we live in. Where is the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. for gays????
Please don't demean Dr. King's work in that way. No gay person is denied his civil rights or descended from people who were enslaved and torn from their families.

We all have problems. We cope. You seem reasonably happy.

Be grateful for what you have!

Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
Quote:
Why does it need to be seperate?
because you'll never get christian conservatives to support it or let it pass,

Old 04-02-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Please don't demean Dr. King's work in that way. No gay person is denied his civil rights or descended from people who were enslaved and torn from their families.

We all have problems. We cope. You seem reasonably happy.

Be grateful for what you have!
LOL!!!! No, I have not demeaned Dr. King's work by saying us gays need someone like him. We need someone to stand up for what is right. We need a passionate leader to change things. No black history is not the same is gay history and I never said that. Don't demean me by implying I don't have respect for the man please.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies