Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2008, 05:40 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times

Advertisements

yup. it wouldn't be that hard. if you love your spouse, you are married. in whatever gods eyes you believe. the ones that have already been married and have the illegal certificate that proves it, they are still married. it doesn't change anything. only in the eyes of the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
So you think we should lobby to have government out of the institution of marriage? Does that include legal marriages that are already in place. (Correct me if I'm putting words in your mouth--I don't like to to do that to people).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 08:38 PM

157 posts, read 309,989 times
Cool Logic

Gays have the right to do whatever they want. They are still human and should be treated as such. People make too much out of this. They don't harm anyone that I know of and they do not try forcing any of their belief about being gay on anyone. People should leave them alone. Let them live their life and be happy. It is their right.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
And so why are so many people opposed to what you have to say? All I can figure out is that people who disagree with you feel that gays are less than human because their sex acts, the sodomy, is so gross and highly repellent.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:27 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnmeon View Post

Why was it necessary to interject that he "doesn't approve"? Did anyone ask him his opinions on homosexuality? No.
You do not approve of him disapproving. Interesting who are you tell someone that they don't have the right to disapprove?

Old 04-18-2008, 10:50 PM

Here you go trnmeon this the religious argument against so you can accurately quote the bible on this issue.

What's wrong with being gay? Homosexual behavior versus the Bible - ChristianAnswers.Net

Old 04-19-2008, 01:28 AM

408 posts, read 696,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
You do not approve of him disapproving. Interesting who are you tell someone that they don't have the right to disapprove?
Why do you disapprove of gays so much?

Old 04-19-2008, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShay87 View Post
Why do you disapprove of gays so much?
I have made it clear i do not. I disapprove of people wrongly twisting information and attacking people on their beliefs. The poster disapproves of people who disapprove of his lifestyle.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:37 AM

243 posts, read 704,102 times
i just want to inform that here in Norway
they now changed the partnership law.

gay's in registred partnership. have all rights as married.
xept adoption.

now same time they are now also tring to make mrrige open for all too. If thats happens the partneship law wil be removed.

i must admit i dont see y we need gay marrige when the new partneship law is so good.

i wud say the partnership is "non religis marrige" and marrige is a church thing.

What about making a good partnership law for gay's in usa?
If im not wrong some states have.
but then some stats dosent. like the one state some friends of me lived in. (They acctuly had to move when her gf recovered)

all the partnership law needs is
1. registration.
2. rights to decide ur partners medical issues. (like a husban goes over parrents and so on in normal marrige)
3. right to heritage with out personal will. (not sure but here when two marry this right goes even without personal will)
3. tax right same as married.

now if a gay couple wants his church approval. he got to go to his priest and ask for blessing. and priest can choose according to him or his church belewes.

I know this is heavy for many.. just see on all the strong arguments here.
evrything is not suposed to be made a law on. evrything dosent have to be the same for evry one... just similar.

a good partneship law wil take care og peoples right to love who they fall in love with.

the new partnership law here does that. and give same right to imigration laws as pep wh arry a forigain. ofc partnership/marrige does not automaticly gives u imigration free card here. i supose its same in usa.

unf ive seen in discusions like this that it goes from the issues and over to personal attacs. not sure if that has happen here. but if some feel that it just ruins the discusion for evry one.

this discusion is acctuly about respect. respecting each other. despite of difrentses
well bit oftopic.. sorry..

Old 04-19-2008, 09:41 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
I wonder what will the RW wingnuts will say when Christian Churches start marrying gays?

Old 04-19-2008, 09:53 AM

243 posts, read 704,102 times
Bless someone is not the same as marry some.

I think thers no problem for a priest to bless a gay couple. if the priest wants too.

Last edited by NewToCA; 04-19-2008 at 11:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies