Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 10:22 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnmeon View Post
Changing the definition of marriage from one man to woman to include two men or two women is not radically changing the definition.
Please share this opinion with your significant other and report back.

Quote:
Heterosexuality and homosexuality are both valid preferences which have existed since the beginning of time. Why deny homosexuals this right?
A preference is not a right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 10:25 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
I wonder what the feelings of heterosexuals would be if homosexuals controlled their destinies.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:30 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Is that something you're hoping for?

In all seriousness, would it make a difference to you if gays were allowed to have a legally binding civil union? Essentially marriage with tax benefits, rights of survivorship etc....but just not the name of marriage.

Gay marriages would probably have a much higher divorce rate.
With that being said heterosexual marriage is special and deserves to be treated that way. Gay marriage, polygamy, or any other type of marriage shouldn't have the same benefits.

Last edited by paullySC; 04-03-2008 at 10:46 AM..

Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
I am very saddened at the fact that there are so many hateful people out there. The fact is EVERYONE has someone gay in their family, whether you know it or not. Maybe they don't want to tell you hateful ones who are reading this because they are scared. Shame on you if you would rather see them live as a second class citizen, unable to marry the person they love in this short life. Believe me, I probably know some of your closeted family members. I know so many homosexuals who describe their families as people like you. So they feel all alone, and unable to be who they are around you, and living a lie for you just so you will accept them. They are confused because they know they were born gay and cannot seem to understand why unaccepting heterosexuals cannot understand that. By the time some of you begin to try to understand, it will be too late. And it will only because that person killed themselves, and left their family a note finally coming out. One third of all suicides are determined to be because that person was a homosexual. Who cares if another f*ggot kills themselves, right? You will care when it is someone close to you.
Excellent post trabbz - it's always sad to see Christmas and Thanksgiving when many gays have to get together for makeshift celebrations since they and/or their partners are unwelcome at home.

Interesting how these unaccepting family members are the first to swoop in when someone dies to take away things the partners bought together.

Last edited by Lakewooder; 04-03-2008 at 10:42 AM..

Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I wonder what the feelings of heterosexuals would be if homosexuals controlled their destinies.
Well, the derogatory term "breeders" would certainly take on new significance.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Excellent post trabbz - it's always sad to see Christmas and Thanksgiving when many gays have to get together for makeshift celebrations since they and/or their partners are unwelcome at home.

Interesting how these unaccepting families members are the first to swoop in when someone dies to take away things the partners bought together.
Well I for one can assure you that there are no gays in my family.

Uncle Richie and his friend Larry just enjoy decorating the house.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:35 AM

200 posts, read 121,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Then straight people don't have the right to get married either.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:37 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,731,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnmeon View Post
I see you're from South Carolina.
I live in the great state of South Carolina. Not sure why it matters.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Please share this opinion with your significant other and report back.

I don't believe that homosexuality is a preference. I base this on the fact that having sex with a woman grosses me out....I couldn't do it just to fit in with society or have my family accept me. Luckily I don't face this, as I am straight and accepted for who I am (and who I sleep with)
I would imagine, and have heard from gays that sleeping with someone of the opposite sex grosses them out. They can't bring themselves to do it anymore then you could sleep with another man. (and I do mean more then sleep).

Old 04-03-2008, 10:45 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Well I for one can assure you that there are no gays in my family.

Uncle Richie and his friend Larry just enjoy decorating the house.
This reminds me of a conversation I had with my mother. She was saying that there were no gays in the 1930s -1970s. I asked her did she ever have two ladies or two gentlemen sharing a house in her neighborhood when she was little? She said yes, there were these two 'old maids' who lived together. They had never been married, never dated, just kind of kept to themselves. And they lived together for decades, only seperating when one of them died. Oh, and one of the ladies did all of the lawn work just like the dads in the neighborhood-----hmmmm, call me suspicious, but......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies