Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 01:38 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

NASA has discovered arctic lakes bubbling with methane—and that’s very bad news

Seriously, it is very bad news.

Not just in lakes, actually there is tundra thawing all over within the Arctic circle and methane is being released in enormous quantities. Pound for pound Methane is many times more serious than Co2 as a greenhouse gas problem.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:38 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Sobering.
At least one lefty finally admits that up until now they have been drunk as a skunk.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:41 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Must raise taxes and curb western(and only western) industrial development now! Urgent!!!

"As a result, she is calling for this source of methane to be included in climate models to get a more accurate picture of future climate change."

Of course this is what it all boils down to. The current models aren't scary enough, let's fudge the numbers some more. Then we can really raise taxes!
Eventually you and I will be dead, but the words we put here will live on. Do you want to be remembered for shortsightedness when future generations are dealing with the mess we left behind?

Old 09-13-2018, 01:47 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Eventually you and I will be dead, but the words we put here will live on. Do you want to be remembered for shortsightedness when future generations are dealing with the mess we left behind?
Come on, seriously? lol "You don't want to be remembered as the guy who didn't want to raise taxes to change the weather do you?" You know what? I'll be that guy. I am perfectly cool with being that guy.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:50 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Unfortunately some people just truly don't care & some pretend these things aren't happening to our planet because it's easier.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:50 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Easy solution; vote for characters who will tax the %#* out of you and say they will use the funds to fix the climate.
Well, that could actually be a greater scam on the American People then Trump.

I mean, raise taxes to change the weather ? Oh geeze.

Trump and his Republicans are just mad he didn t think of it first.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post

That always happens during Inter-Glacial Periods.

When you can wrap your brain around the fact and the reality that average global temperatures during an Inter-Glacial Period are 7.8°F to 15.3°F warmer than present, let us know.

When you can wrap your brain around the reality that average global temperatures can fluctuate wildly, as much as 20°F in a matter of decades, let us know that, too.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:58 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Doing something means less than nothing if it makes the problem worse, like:

Flying world leaders, rich Hypocrites, and rock stars half way around the world for a supposed Environmental summit. Think a remote Video-com would have been a little more environmentally friendly?

Creating Batteries that use Slave labor in Africa so the first world can have the latest I-phone or electric car? How about using that old phone another year instead of throwing it in the dump, or using a small fuel efficient non-electric vehicle?

Shipping Solar panels and other products half way around the world on old leaky Fuel oil powered ships when those products can be made closer to their point of use?
Attached Thumbnails
NASA has discovered arctic lakes bubbling with methane—and that’s very bad news-cobalt-minors.jpg   NASA has discovered arctic lakes bubbling with methane—and that’s very bad news-kiani-satu-leaking-oil.jpg  

Old 09-13-2018, 02:28 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Unfortunately some people just truly don't care & some pretend these things aren't happening to our planet because it's easier.
Or maybe we have seen so many supposed environmentally friendly mistakes and or scams that we have grown not to trust every new one to come along: From Passive Solar hot water systems that caused 10s of thousands of roof failures to plastic bags, straws and bottles, to Lithium Ion Batteries, that were supposed to save the trees or be more environmentally friendly...Not

Apparently we were more environmentally responsible 40 years ago than we are today. Bring back paper straws, cloth bags and reusable glass bottles. Start making products that we use closer to home, would be a good start
Attached Thumbnails
NASA has discovered arctic lakes bubbling with methane—and that’s very bad news-plastic-island.jpg  

Old 09-13-2018, 02:40 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Ever waited for the last minute to get something important done? Like pay a bill? Or postpone on getting that lump looked at? Was the cost greater than if you'd taken care of things early on?
Doesn't answer the question, not even close.

You are rent seeking. You are the one suggesting that something must be done, now and it has a cost. OK, NAME THAT COST. Sell me and the other 330 million you intend to rob at gunpoint on how much more of the fruits of our labor you must take in order to accomplish your goal. Tell us a number.

You say you want to "prepare people for what's coming?" Well, prepre them for the price of your plan by stating it outright. Answer that question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies