Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 12:29 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

If only we'd all stop the hate, and just open our minds to both sides...we refuse to listen, and being loyal to any party that is corrupt is wrong....

What the heck is the big problem with admitting you might be wrong...or that you voted for a candidate that wasn't who you thought they might be.

Admitting wrong is the first step to progress....and dialog.

when you hate, you close yourself off to anything else.

I didn't hate Hillary, she just wasn't the right candidate for the job
I didn't hate Obama
I didn't Hate Bush
and I certainly didn't hate Bill Clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 12:34 PM

10,767 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
As a lot of you on this forum know, I voted for Trump, and I still believe he is in fact doing some very good things for America but I am not sold on him as of yet.

Especially b/c I know a gal whose family lives in PR, and grew very angry when he made the comments he made about PR. Those people suffered and paid dearly...

Trump needs to learn, to either get his facts straight or keep his mouth shut before making comments on something he knows nothing about.

Also, didn't like the way he was throwing paper towels at those people, making a big joke about it, it wasn't funny. Many many people died....
But people who are in dangerous environments tend to joke regularly, because the more seriously you take a dangerous situation the harder it is to deal with.
So Trump did no harm when he threw those towels on a joking manner.
Joking about a life-threatening situation only seems wrong to people on the outside.
Trump was on the inside (when he gave the towels to people).

Old 09-14-2018, 12:42 PM

23,560 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
As a lot of you on this forum know, I voted for Trump, and I still believe he is in fact doing some very good things for America but I am not sold on him as of yet.

Especially b/c I know a gal whose family lives in PR, and grew very angry when he made the comments he made about PR. Those people suffered and paid dearly...

Trump needs to learn, to either get his facts straight or keep his mouth shut before making comments on something he knows nothing about.

Also, didn't like the way he was throwing paper towels at those people, making a big joke about it, it wasn't funny. Many many people died....

I'm not crazy about how he is fixing the problem of illegals....it's got to change, he's got to get them out of this country, and I honestly do not care what their nationality is, or religion is, if your illegal, you've got to become a citizen or be thrown out.

The only reason they are still here is b/c thousands of companies have been reaping the benefits of hiring them.

If Trump really wanted to get rid of them, all he'd have to do is send ICE into every single hotel cleaning staff, meat packing plants, dog food companies, restaurants and diner's kitchens, etc...they are all there...in country club kitchens, in landscaping companies, even in construction...and the irony is, you are being charged top dollar, while the owners of these companies reap the benefits of paying them terrible wages with no benefits.

It's got to stop, and be supervised and everyone in this country has to be legal citizens...b/c way too many people in this country are using them as slaves....and it's hurting us, by allowing less then reputable people in this country, plus way too many of them are living off of welfare, our tax dollars. I've worked too hard all my life, to give it all away to lazy people.

we need to thoroughly check into any one in this nation who is using food stamps and collecting welfare. Enough is enough....

In order to have a successful nation, you've got to follow the laws...and make people accountable.

Trump is not doing enough, what he's doing is fine, but he is only putting icing on the cake, so to speak....

My guess is, he is striking a deal with all these companies, so that they can continue to hire illegals.

Now before those of you who voted for him, become highly offended, back up a minute and think. Trump is no savior and no God, he is a man...and only a man.

Before those of you who didn't vote for him and jump on board, tearing him a new one, I want to remind you, that Trump has done a lot of good, so stop before making stupid remarks and one liners, and think....lets be intelligent about this and look at both sides, b/c in every situation there are two sides.
Using the same logic you can number the deaths due to the ppaca legislation in the thousands.

disease epidemics can be created without on single incident occurring. New technology or simply redefining the hierarchical coding guidelines and statistical analysis.

Haters will use the slightest uttering of trump to declare him incompetent, full of hate and otherwise a sociopath unfit to be prez.

This nonsense has become white noise.

Old 09-14-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
But people who are in dangerous environments tend to joke regularly, because the more seriously you take a dangerous situation the harder it is to deal with.
Joking about a life-threatening situation only seems wrong to people on the outside.
I can see what your saying and totally get it...and perhaps your right, maybe he was trying to put a smile on their faces...

they seemed to appreciate the fact that he was there....you may be right, its all in how you look at things..and I may have viewed it wrong? I don't know....but my gut feeling was, it was wrong of him to do...

maybe one of those that were there, joked around with him before that video was taken?

Old 09-14-2018, 12:45 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
You should know by now that this is not going to happen.

However, its not too late to realize that you helped to elect a blowhard nutjub who is temperamentally unfit for office, and an embarrassment to this nation, and to correct this error by NOT voting for the same nutjob in 2020.

Old 09-14-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Using the same logic you can number the deaths due to the ppaca legislation in the thousands.

disease epidemics can be created without on single incident occurring. New technology or simply redefining the hierarchical coding guidelines and statistical analysis.

Haters will use the slightest uttering of trump to declare him incompetent, full of hate and otherwise a sociopath unfit to be prez.

This nonsense has become white noise.
well, there will always be people who hate the other side, regardless of what they do or say, they could be wonderful, and I've seen how the media tears him apart....and I also saw how they tore cops apart...which has now caused several deaths b/c of it...so...and that's what I didn't like about Obama....when he sided with the criminals...putting cops in harms way, that was it for me.

But people only hear what they want to hear, and want to believe...

I wish it were different....

Old 09-14-2018, 01:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
I think focusing on whether or not the number of dead in Puerto Rico is accurate or not is disrespectful to the people who were killed.

This number around 3k was reported first back last spring. It's not new.

I guess maybe Fox just now caught wind of it because NPR has been reporting it for a while now, and it's a credible estimate based on a Harvard study published in the New England Journal of Medicine, I do believe.

Anyway... if we'd really stepped up as a country and rallied around our fellow citizens in PR when the storm happened, there would be no issue now.

He's awfully defensive for someone who is purportedly not doing anything wrong.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:35 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,214,232 times
Quote:
I'm not crazy about how he is fixing the problem of illegals....it's got to change, he's got to get them out of this country, and I honestly do not care what their nationality is, or religion is, if your illegal, you've got to become a citizen or be thrown out.

The only reason they are still here is b/c thousands of companies have been reaping the benefits of hiring them.

If Trump really wanted to get rid of them, all he'd have to do is send ICE into every single hotel cleaning staff, meat packing plants, dog food companies, restaurants and diner's kitchens, etc...they are all there...in country club kitchens, in landscaping companies, even in construction...and the irony is, you are being charged top dollar, while the owners of these companies reap the benefits of paying them terrible wages with no benefits.

It's got to stop, and be supervised and everyone in this country has to be legal citizens...b/c way too many people in this country are using them as slaves....and it's hurting us, by allowing less then reputable people in this country, plus way too many of them are living off of welfare, our tax dollars. I've worked too hard all my life, to give it all away to lazy people.

we need to thoroughly check into any one in this nation who is using food stamps and collecting welfare. Enough is enough....

In order to have a successful nation, you've got to follow the laws...and make people accountable.
In this extremely polarized forum, it is nice to read a more nuanced thread that doesn't have exclusively positive or negative things to say about the president. I just wanted to mention that there is another category of persons in the US besides citizens and illegal immigrants - namely, legal resident aliens. Not all immigrants should necessarily become citizens, particularly if they are not committed to living and working in the US over the long term. Citizenship is a privilege that some are born with, and others earn as a result of spending sufficient time in this country and following the legal immigration procedures.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:13 PM

1,316 posts, read 748,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post

Seriously? "Gallows humor" is your excuse for his inability to engage in a normal, appropriate manner? He made an absolute spectacle of his visit. And he IS on the outside. People who are living the situation can joke. People who are doing a photo-op should not. Now his denial of the death toll is a twist of the knife. He is wholly incapable of treating a situation as it should be. His attitude is easy to read--he gets nothing from it and lacks the most basic empathy.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:16 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
If you get outraged over everything he says, you’ll have a miserable life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies