Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 09:16 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times

Advertisements

I'm not repulsed by gay men and feel that what goes on behind closed doors is your business. What does make me and a lot of people uncomfortable is when a gay man portrays himself as a woman in public. Sexual preference is one thing. Acting like a flamboyant homosexual is another.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
LMFAO, yes...if something is revolting to you it must be because you harbor a secret desire for it...
Certainly not in every instance, but it is far from uncommon.

"Sometimes people are threatened by gays and lesbians because they are fearing their own impulses, in a sense they 'doth protest too much,'" Ryan told LiveScience. "In addition, it appears that sometimes those who would oppress others have been oppressed themselves, and we can have some compassion for them too, they may be unaccepting of others because they cannot be accepting of themselves."

Homophobics May Be Hidden Homosexuals | Homophobia & Anti-Gay Sentiment | LiveScience

Wow...just realized how old this thread is...2008?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:20 AM

234 posts, read 184,689 times
The vast and sad ingrained mental issues that most homosexuals pre-2000 suffered from is uncomfortable to witness. Also, the vast and sad methamphetamine use. Perhaps now that their piddling acts are being normalized, all that madness may recede and most can become as one with the background where most anxious-to-please-and-to-be accepted, innocently despised people belong after the novelty horror wears off and the reflexive disgust from the mainstream populace is diluted.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:25 AM

234 posts, read 184,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What makes gay people uncomfortable with heterosexuality?
Because the sad truth about human sexuality is that, subtracting social pariahdom, bisexuality is the human norm, not the fluke desire. Who wouldn't want to have intimate relations with those they like whatever their gender? People scared of anal sex hurt or the lack of a penetrating device? It is the 21st century, please...

Old 09-30-2013, 12:40 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnmeon View Post
I reject your god and every other god. If you're Jewish, which I'm going to assume you are given your handle, you actually believe your god, a so-called pilar of upstanding and moral behavior, is the entity by which everything is judged.

Despite the fact that he ordered and allowed sexual perversions, petty murder, theft, genocide, and child abuse. So don't you dare sit there and judge me morally, as if you or your religion is some example to live by.

I really don't care what people think, I was trying to establish what makes them so uncomfortable, because it really is none of their business.

Do you think most gays are atheists then? Honest question.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
The reason people are uncomfortable with homosexuality is that they don't understand it. Many say it is a choice. I can tell you that it is not a choice. I would not choose to be discriminated against and told what I am doing is wrong and God condemns it. I am gay and if I could I would change it. I can't it is as simple as that. Hetrosexuals can't understand being attracted to one of the same sex. On the other hand I can't understand people being attracted to people of the opposite sex. I don't condemn them for it though. I find being gay normal for me and not for others. I really don't expect most to understand that but there is no reason to fear, homosexuals are not out to "convert" other to their lifestyle. You can't convert me to be hetro and I certainly cannot get a hetrosexual to become gay. Stop being afraid of something you don't understand.

There are gays who changed even if society and the gay lobby say they can't. Would you be open to getting the therapy they went through if that therapy did help them to change?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Most threads started about gays are started by straight christians who hate gays. This obsession with gay marriage, gays adopting, gays having equal rights is coming from mainly straight gay hating christians.
It's not hate, it's concern, deep concern when the meaning of marriage is changed from what it has been since the beginning of marriage.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanw View Post
As a homosexual it may suprise you to know that I agree with some of what some of you have to say. I don't think that it is appropriate to see PDA between couples. I don't mind a little kiss or holding hands between men and women but not same sex. As long as it is not making out in public. I don't think that marriage between same sex partners is a big deal as long as there are civil unions (same thing in my opinion). My biggest difference is people thinking there is a choice of some sort involved. I did not choose to be homosexual as others did not choose to be hetrosexual. I don't believe guys on this thread who say they are hetrosexual and get hit on all the time by homosexuals. I know 99% of the time who is homosexual just by looking at them. You can see it in their eyes. Its not that they are feminine because some aren't, I being one of them. No hetrosexual has asked me if I am gay but gay guys know right away. If gays are hitting on a hetrosexual all the time that person must act gay because gay guys don't try to convert others. We all need to be more tolerant of others groups if it be race, sex, orientation or whatever. People are people and they cant change who they are. If you hetrosexuals have a son or daughter who tell you they are gay I bet most of you would change your opinion, not right away but over time. Hopefully it won't come to that, maybe you can change your opinion anyway. I don't wish homosexuality on anyone because I know the discrimination and mental anguish one goes through while trying to accept themself. Once that is acheived it is easier and if others around them accept them it is better.
I guess you need to explain it more, see it in their eyes? Sometimes I see guys and think they are gay just by the way they present themselves. I read that gays did signal others secretly when gays were really unaccepted to find out if the other was gay, if straight, the person would not know what they wanted. True or do you know?

Hey, I think most parents when learning their son or daughter is not straight would still accept them and love them even though it would be a shock and hard at first. One of my friends is doing just that. They belong to a group of parents whose children have come out to support each other. Her son has "married". They didn't go to the "marriage" since they don't consider it a marriage but they still accept him and his partner.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:10 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
There are gays who changed even if society and the gay lobby say they can't. Would you be open to getting the therapy they went through if that therapy did help them to change?
Exodus international has closed down and apologized to the gay community, because they have admitted that people cannot change their orientation ..

"The damage caused by Exodus to countless gay teens over the last thirty years cannot be fixed by the apology of one man, but it is a great starting place. I didn’t see the need for Alan in his apology to double down on his particular interpretation of the Bible, but it’s understandable if not wholly constructive.” Anti-gay organization apologizes to LGBT community

Old 09-30-2013, 01:13 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It's not hate, it's concern, deep concern when the meaning of marriage is changed from what it has been since the beginning of marriage.
I do not understand your concern. Gay marriage works just fine everywhere it has been implemented...How do you think it will effect heterosexual marriages?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies