Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 07:35 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It's a mistake to think that Trump supporters don't recognize what a crook he is. But, they think that he's their crook and will give them an advantage over the rest of us. What the majority of them seem unable to comprehend, is that they will be damaged by his policies more than any others. How many of them will awaken to this fact and how soon, will play a big role in the elections this November.
I think you're on to something here. The relationship between Mr. Trump & his most ardent supporters is a trust relationship, ie they trust him.

Most con games or scams rely on gaining the trust of the victims of the scam. For example, Bernie Madoff had the trust of those he scammed; business associates, friends, family members & so on. His victims missed the warning signs, the many red flags, et cetera that should've clued them in & normally would have.

Why? Because they trusted him. & he abused their trust. That's how con-fidence games usually work ~ gain trust & then abuse it.

Back to the Trump as POTUS imbroglio: it's interesting now that Mr. Manafort seems to be putting his trust in Mr. Mueller over his trust in Mr. Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 07:51 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
LOL. No way.

If Trump fires Mueller, it will be the clearest indication yet of guilt and obstruction of justice. I gather that his staff keeps hammering at him not to try this, as it was what snowballed into Nixon's downfall.

I'm intrigued at your first sentence - that you think Trump supporters would feel vindicated by Mueller's firing. Surely any Republican who valued truth and justice would only feel vindicated by a thorough investigation that cleared him.

To the bold, what a bunch of crap.....surely, those on the left that value truth and justice understand the the investigation continues (just as it did when comey was fired)....but it's obvious some of those on the left don't....sad

Old 09-15-2018, 08:01 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
If Trump could have fired Mueller he would already have done so. He either knows or has been told NOT to fire him because it would put him under more scrutiny than he already is.
He foams at the mouth about wanting to fire Sessions so he can get the Mueller investigation over but, it isn't going to happen.
What is a shame is that I have heard some Republicans in the administration now saying maybe he should fire Sessions.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:16 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Why would Trump fire Mueller?

Mueller is getting ready to go after Hillary, Obama, and their cohorts in the FBI.

And when he does, I'm betting that all of you will run from him like cockroaches in the room when the light is turned on. Just like you did with the elections forum when Hillary lost.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:17 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To the bold, what a bunch of crap.....surely, those on the left that value truth and justice understand the the investigation continues (just as it did when comey was fired)....but it's obvious some of those on the left don't....sad
Nearly 2/3 of adults in the US support the Mueller investigation. It’s not just the left. You’re in the minority here and your idea of truth and justice clearly don’t align with legal investigations based on evidence. I guess we can be grateful that you’re not the majority.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:20 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wasting money?

Manafort just forfeited $46 million in his plea bargain. This more than covers the cost of the investigation.
https://twitter.com/EdKrassen/status...08704029188096

Old 09-15-2018, 08:24 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Nearly 2/3 of adults in the US support the Mueller investigation. It’s not just the left. You’re in the minority here and your idea of truth and justice clearly don’t align with legal investigations based on evidence. I guess we can be grateful that you’re not the majority.

You've just proven my point, the investigation will continue no matter who is in charge, yet it appears you think it will not, which was the point of my post.....just as it did when comey was fired. Do you really think that mueller started all over when comey was fired? Really?

BTW, I've said it before, let the investigation go...send them all to jail.....

If you are part of the majority, then I don't want to be in it....

Old 09-15-2018, 08:27 AM

1,330 posts, read 699,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Trump is no Nixon, and he will prevail over this coup d'état.

Too bad, commies!
You really think both Trump and Nixon were part of a coup?

Maybe you need to study actual coups before you keep blabbing on.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:34 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
You really think both Trump and Nixon were part of a coup?

Maybe you need to study actual coups before you keep blabbing on.
No, they were/are TARGETS of coups! Nixon got whacked because he couldn't fight back without making a stupid mistake. Trump ain't falling for it this time, as today there is just too much information that EXPOSES the coup attempters today.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:17 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Personally, if/when trump fires mueller and terminates the "investigation", my first thought will be: "It is about time! What took you so long?"
IMO, mueller has greatly exceeded his "contract" (what he was hired to accomplish), and still hans't really accomplished what he set out to do.
This exercise in futility needs to be terminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies