Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 12:04 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Evidence as used in common parlance, not evidentiary proof meeting the standards of the Federal Rules of Evidence.

I wish people would use their brains before posting.

Assuming that one thing happening is evidence that something else happened is not even evidence in common parlance. It is your subjective inference. I wish you would do yourself as you wish for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 12:05 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
This is why Trump's team insisted on written questions, so they could review them carefully ....

and yet trump claimed he answered completely on his own without the assistance of his legal team.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:07 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Where did he admit that? Show me the exact words.

Here are Cohen's actual "lies" as he stated TODAY in court. Are you are alleging that Cohen is lying at his guilty plea for lying"

“I asserted all efforts ceased in January 2016 when they kept going until June 2016,” he said.
Sorry, there has been some confusion.

We know the Trump Tower Moscow venture continued into the summer of 2016, following the RNC Convention.

Cohen lied to Congress during his 2017 Congressional hearing claiming that the venture had ended before the RNC Convention.

Here's the tweet from NBC that caused the confusion.

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1...101650945?s=21

48,521 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I don't know where to put this - or the implication. Will have to read more when I get home.

Donald Trump’s Biggest Lender Was Just Raided in Connection With a Money Laundering Investigation
Deutsche Bank is struggling and ripe for a takeover. That poses enormous conflict of interest con

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...investigation/
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

37,169 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump has called off his sitdown with pal Putin in Argentina. He just said this morning how great a time it was for the meeting. He's scared.
Vlad doesn't want him or need him in Russia. He's willfully ignorant, incompetent, and a loose cannon, among other things. And he still hasn't delivered on his mission to get the sanctions lifted standing in the way of Putin's half-trillion dollar oil deal.

Maybe Ecuador will take him...

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I assume his Moscow deal which appears to have continued after the first primary will be of interest.

What's of interest about it?

Old 11-29-2018, 12:08 PM

25,443 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Like I said...unless there is hard concrete evidence...this is just yellow journalism. Without a recording that has Trump saying “YES Michael, have the Russians do xy and z for the election” it will go nowhere. Just a print cycle of conspiracies
Again, you have no idea what kind of hard concrete evidence may or may not exist. We all will have to wait and see. Media will speculate about everything that comes out. There's no conspiracy in that. So what if they analyze it all to death? It doesn't affect Mueller's investigation one iota.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:08 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Assuming that one thing happening is evidence that something else happened is not even evidence in common parlance. It is your subjective inference. I wish you would do yourself as you wish for others.
Cohen pled to a lesser charge. That is circumstantial evidence that he offered something to Mueller in return. If you need help with this see if there is someone nearby who can spell it out for you.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:13 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Do you know what a plea deal is?

Old 11-29-2018, 12:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I don't know where to put this - or the implication. Will have to read more when I get home.

Donald Trump’s Biggest Lender Was Just Raided in Connection With a Money Laundering Investigation
Deutsche Bank is struggling and ripe for a takeover. That poses enormous conflict of interest con

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...investigation/
Quote:
Trump has a long relationship with Deutsche Bank dating back to the early 2000s. At the time, most US banks refused to loan money to Trump following his string of bankruptcies and Atlantic City failures. But Deutsche Bank continued to let him borrow hundreds of millions of dollars—as of his inauguration, Trump owed the German bank as much as $364 million. Once a powerful player in international banking, Deutsche Bank has paid out billions in settlements to both US and European regulators for its role in the 2008 financial crisis and other scandals. When Trump took office, he refused to divest from his company, meaning he continues to owe the bank money—several of the loans are personally guaranteed by the president—even as the Department of Justice has opened new investigations into the bank’s activities.
When the **** hits the fan it really hits the fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies