Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 07:35 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He would if Trump and Russia agreed to the Russian tower (brought up today) being branded a Trump tower. The details if it happened are sketchy.

The word "paid" is past tense indicating it already happened, not your speculation that it would have happened if the tower had been built and branded. By "sketchy" details you mean "non-existent".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You realize Trump lies about everything right? Like he emphatically lied about paying off Daniels and McDougal. But it was proven that he knew exactly what was going on. He'll deny to the death.

Does Trump realize it?

Old 11-29-2018, 07:48 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The word "paid" is past tense indicating it already happened, not your speculation that it would have happened if the tower had been built and branded. By "sketchy" details you mean "non-existent".
There is nothing to prove there was or wasn't a payment. Maybe it didn't go through.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
There is nothing to prove there was or wasn't a payment. Maybe it didn't go through.

In which case, making an allegation that he was paid is groundless. Thank you.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:02 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,564,588 times
I thought it was very interesting that one of the members of the Intelligence Committee pointed out that it appears there were no inconsistencies with Cohen's testimony than the testimony offered by others who also appeared.

That would seem to indicate if Cohen plead guilty to lying to Congress, other's were as well. Seems like there's one name that rises above others... Jr.

Last edited by take57; 11-29-2018 at 08:35 PM..

Old 11-29-2018, 08:22 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Your own link supports me not you, saying "as late as approximately June 2016" (7a, page 5). Later on in the data, the latest contact date given was June 14, 2016 when Cohen informed Individual 2 he would not be traveling to Moscow.

I think you are confusing statements made in 2017 by Cohen to Congress and investigators.
These links may clarify, long story short: the "Alternative facts defense" for defending &/or delivering false statements never made sense.

Quote:
Cohen added that in 2017 when he appeared before the Senate Intelligence Committee, he gave a “false” description of the Moscow Project.

“I asserted all efforts ceased in January 2016 when they kept going until June 2016,” he said. “There were more extensive communications. I said I never contemplated travel or spoke to Individual 1 regarding travel, but I did.”

He added: “I would like to add that I never did travel to Russia and I have never been to Moscow. I made the statement to keep up with political messaging and out of loyalty.”
Lawyer lied to Congress to protect Trump and political message

https://yournz.org/2018/11/30/lawyer...tical-message/

Ex-Trump attorney Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress in Russia probe

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-...n-russia-probe

Old 11-29-2018, 08:27 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,068,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Cohen pleading guilty to a lesser sentence is evidence that Cohen has provided Mueller with information valuable to Mueller's investigation of a conspiratorial connection between Russian election interference and Trump's presidential campaign. None of us know what that information is, but we can conclude that something of material value is being disclosed.

Cohen's word alone was never going to have any value. Cohen's word corroborated by independent evidence, however, still has significant value.

I love how people pretend that the former head of the FBI and his team of extremely seasoned Federal prosecutors are a bunch of rubes bumbling around, reading C-D posts, suddenly smacking their heads realizing, "gee Hellion1999 just posted that getting Cohen to plead down to perjury is going to make him useless as a witness! Why didn't we think of that first?"
I'm sure Trump was hoping for a Barry Zuckerkorn to do the investigating.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:29 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, in addition to the Manafort bombshell, now we find out that Cohen is also talking to Mueller. This is just a tough week for poor ol' tRump. His chickens are now roosting all over him.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...-cohen-mueller

Has he snuck out of DC for the weekend?

Can't wait to enjoy the impending tweet storm. His silence is just the calm before the storm.

I kinda doubt he'll be playing his best golf game anytime soon.

hahahahahaha,

So this topic is 2.5 months old. And still nothing has happened.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:30 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
From the Access Hollywood tape, Stormy Daniels hush money, Russian meddling, no tax returns, his relationship with Putin and the crown prince, lie after lie. This mobster has lied to the American public every chance he gets. It's unbelievable.

Now, Mueller has to right our wrong. America, we made a big mistake by putting this Russian backed mobster Trump in the highest office in the land.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
These links may clarify, long story short: the "Alternative facts defense" for defending &/or delivering false statements never made sense.

Lawyer lied to Congress to protect Trump and political message

https://yournz.org/2018/11/30/lawyer...tical-message/

Ex-Trump attorney Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress in Russia probe

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-...n-russia-probe

You people have serious Reading for Comprehension issues. The court documents and all statements confirm the latest activity was in June 2016. You are confusing statements made in 2017 to investigators about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies