Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2018, 07:37 PM

16,170 posts, read 10,852,181 times

Advertisements

I’m willing to let Taco Bell management research the incident and take action as warranted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 07:48 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,207,404 times
And that’s why she was fired. I speak enough Spanish but I would not speak it in a situation like this. Let people like this play the fool and get fired.

Old 09-15-2018, 07:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,988,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
What happened to this woman is rare.

We don't need to legally enforce language in the United States. Spanish usage naturally declines with the generations. Soon, most "Latinos" won't speak any Spanish.

If we tried to make English an official language, believe me, some idiot would try to make Spanish co-official and invent some historical reason to justify that. And that would be supported by left-leaning politicians.

Just ignore Spanish speakers.
I don't want a national language, but if English is made one I wouldn't complain about it. That said states should determine official languages. I mean Creole is somewhat common in parts of Louisiana and border states would always have Spanish as a common second language.

That said, in this situation it is hard. Restaurants are notoriously understaffed during the graveyard shifts. Not That I am defending Taco Bell, but I understand it.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:50 PM

10,589 posts, read 4,120,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Probably not long since we have open borders. That's the idea isn't it? Hispanics are colonizing America too, not satisfied with 1 and 1/3 of the two American continents. The only question is how long before they turn it into another latin American dystopia?
Well, you do know who is to blame for the horrible living conditions in Mexico and the rest of Middle America and South America? It all rests on the relentless drug addiction of Americans, most of White suburbia, and the drug war US politicians started that has done nothing but destroy countries and countless lives. So I guess the US is reaping what it is sowing. There are two ways we can change this. One, make all drugs legal, or, instead of going after drug dealers and cartels, start making drug use a capital offense punishable by death. We start culling the US population of all illegal narcotic users, it will probably make the US and the rest of the world a better place. Cartels won't have anyone to sell drugs to if all the users are dead.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:52 PM

63,178 posts, read 29,336,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Well, you do know who is to blame for the horrible living conditions in Mexico and the rest of Middle America and South America? It all rests on the relentless drug addiction of Americans, most of White suburbia, and the drug war US politicians started that has done nothing but destroy countries and countless lives. So I guess the US is reaping what it is sowing. There are two ways we can change this. One, make all drugs legal, or, instead of going after drug dealers and cartels, start making drug use a capital offense punishable by death. We start culling the US population of all illegal narcotic users, it will probably make the US and the rest of the world a better place. Cartels won't have anyone to sell drugs to if all the users are dead.

I agree somewhat of what you have said. However, the drug pushers are just as guilty as the drug users. No one forces anyone from south of our border to sell drugs to Americans.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:57 PM

63,178 posts, read 29,336,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The area, from what I have read, is almost all Hispanics/Spanish speakers. So this incident is not too surprising to me, this is a Hispanic area.

Nothing is stopping them from speaking English though when it's appropriate. There aren't that many blacks that speak Spanish so why speak to them in Spanish when you know how to speak English? The employee answered a question posed in English so obviously they know English.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:58 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,004,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That has more to do with The English Colonies being larger than the French and Spanish ones were, not because every collectively chose English.

Please show me one United States colonial document written in Spanish.

I live in Texas. Santa Anna was defeated at San Jacinto.

If Santa Anna had won, maybe I'd be speaking Spanish.

He lost. English speakers won.

I speak English.

Spanish speaking countries cover half of the western hemisphere. If the Spanish speaking countries are so great, move there.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:59 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,414,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
As a spanish speaker, the guy is an idiot. Speak the language of the country at your job, even if its hard.
Also eff breitbart. Breitbart can choke.
Exactly. I can understand when first moving to another country you might barely know 1 of the official languages of that country. However, if you are there 10 years and barely that language, that is whack.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:01 PM

2,068 posts, read 1,004,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post

BS.

The US is not to blame for the diaspora of Central and South America.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:04 PM

78,774 posts, read 60,963,448 times
Unfortunately for our corporate media, the offender was latino.

Otherwise we'd have the usual "White man blah blah blah black person" headline splashed across cbs, cnn etc. as if that's just how all white people are.

I like to view all incidents as "bob" or "jose" or "sanjay" or "demarious"...treated someone badly and is not representative of their entire race.

There are only 2 reasons to put race into an article:

1) Hate crime. (obvious)
2) Seeking public help identifying offender so a physical ID is necessary.

Otherwise, it's racist pandering and I saw this before with all the "black youths mug white woman" type garbage and didn't like it then and I don't like it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies