Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2018, 04:27 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
La Raza is a Mexican American organization which has no impact on the hispanics in Miami (not many Mexicans live here) who are mostly white like the employee in the video.
https://www.floridatrend.com/article...in-florida-map , Mexican Miami: South Florida's Surging Immigrant Group Shines At Christmas | WLRN Apparently things have changed. Yes there are plenty of Mexicans in Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 11:40 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No one is suggesting that at a private or public business that it's your place to ask for an employee's papers, that's the employer's responsibility. However, when a home owner hires anyone to work on their homes it would be wise to do so. If an employee can't speak any English only Spanish that's a good indication that they are here illegally.
Old Glory, it's different in South Florida. She might very well be from Cuba (not illegal), and from the exchange I believe she could understand the order, she was being difficult. I'm glad she was fired because nobody needs to deal with that kind of silliness when simply trying to order fast food at a drive through.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:46 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
My remarks were to a poster that said many Hispanics in Texas can't speak English. That indicates that they are here illegally. It had nothing to do with this Cuban employee. Try to keep up, will you?

I agreed with Obama on ending "wet foot, dry foot". Votes aren't worth the demographic and cultural changes in our country not to mention the fiscal costs of this type of "immigration". Too bad the Democrats haven't learned that yet. They don't seem to mind illegal aliens draining our system!
Whoa! If you are referring to my post I didn't say many Hispanics in Texas can't speak English. I said that English learners in fast food here in Texas are able to take a drive through order, and that I suspect this woman was pretending not to understand and being a jerk.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:36 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
This insanity has to stop. English needs to be made the official language.

I think the employee got fired. Good!

Video in link

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...speak-english/
They won't serve white customers either because they don't speak Spanish. I lived in Miami for 6 years, and the entitlement mentality and sheer arrogance by those who came here, legally or not, from the 90s on, is repulsive and a HUGE part of why I left Miami. The area itself is beautiful, but the people are ugly.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:41 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
This should not be news, but conservative media loves stuff like this because it plays to the emotions of bigots.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:51 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Well those people think they run Miami now, that's its not an American city anymore and they shouldn't have to speak English. Either she really didn't speak English or she did it to show the American couple whose city it is now.

And if she really couldn't speak English, she's probably illegal since you need to know some English to become an American citizen unless you're over 60 or something in which case some exemptions exist. Did that franchise owner even use e-Verify? If not may be they need to be fined and investigated by ICE.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:57 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
They won't serve white customers either because they don't speak Spanish. I lived in Miami for 6 years, and the entitlement mentality and sheer arrogance by those who came here, legally or not, from the 90s on, is repulsive and a HUGE part of why I left Miami. The area itself is beautiful, but the people are ugly.
This is happening in more and more areas now including South Texas and South California and many border areas of New Mexico and Arizona. Its a clear refusal to assimilate into our culture and claiming parts of the country as theirs. Yet illegal aliens are making their way to every corner of America and soon we will have to take a stand for our own nation and people.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:30 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This should not be news, but conservative media loves stuff like this because it plays to the emotions of bigots.
Calling people that argue against bigotry, bigots , might not be the best play.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:51 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
This is happening in more and more areas now including South Texas and South California and many border areas of New Mexico and Arizona. Its a clear refusal to assimilate into our culture and claiming parts of the country as theirs. Yet illegal aliens are making their way to every corner of America and soon we will have to take a stand for our own nation and people.

You're absolutely right! I live in So. Calif. and I can attest to everything you said. Far too many Spanish speakers refuse to speak English unless they have to. Those here illegally don't even feel the need to learn English. Reconquista is alive and well here.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:01 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Well, if you move from the North or East to the Southwest, you should adjust to local customs instead of imposing "The way we did it back..."

Funny you bring up Arizona, where tone-deaf Yankee transplants waste conspicuous amounts of water for their green, grassy lawns in the middle of the Sonoran Desert.

Here in Texas, Yankee and Confederate transplants are clogging our roads, stealing jobs from Native Texans, and imposing their culture on us. Why isn't the Texas GOP standing up to these invaders?

The subconscious fear of the Germanic-Romance border moving northward is fueling xenophobia. Eventually xenophobia starts from the outside and eventually rots the inside. The West is tired of being an Eastern colony and the South is tired of the Yankee occupation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleplains17 View Post
Anyone who is familiar with Hispanics know Cubans are republican, entitled, rude and obnoxious.
That is Ted Cruz in a nutshell! Guy with an Albertan accent so thick and tries to pass off being Texan (and white--despite his name). Can't deal with hearing his Canadian raising anymore!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies