Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2018, 11:54 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I miss America of the mid-1960's when it was not unsusal for a man with only a high school education could make enough money that he was able to buy a nice house in a nice safe neighborhood in a nice town with good public schools for less than $20,000 and buy a nice new late model family car for less than $3,000, take a 2 week vacation each year, take the family out to dinner for a good meal at least once a week and also on special occasions, and still be able to provide for his family on one sole income a nice, comfortable middle class lifestyle while his wife can be a stay at home mom and raise the kids.

I think that's when America was really great, and it wasn't all that long ago, less than 60 years ago. If you're young, 60 years might seem so far away that you kinda think it's never gonna get here; But let me tell ya, if you haven't been paying attention, 60 years will have gone by and you'll be asking yourself, "oh my gosh, where have the years gone?

Now everything is so out of whack, no way an average 3 bedroom ranch style house in a modest middle income neighborhood should cost $350,000 or a mid sized family car for $25,000.
Part of that is just inflation - a simple monetary problem caused entirely by central bankers.

Another part is Marxist ideology that pushed women out of their family homes and into the workforce. Which employers applauded since they now got twice the workers for less than twice the cost.
A true lose-lose situation arose for the American family.

The last part of this trifecta is mass immigration since 1965 which is responsible for adding about 75M to the population of the United States, or roughly 1/3 increase in just that last 50 years.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:05 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
she didn't

She won the popular vote thanks to California

thank God we aren't letting California decide for the whole country, due to how radical and out of touch they are becoming
God help us all if that ever happens!!!!

Old 09-23-2018, 12:16 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It seems that the people who never really learn that lesson are the numbskulls who keep putting republicans or those pretending to be, in office. It's not hard to understand why those from that party, as well as other sorts of criminals, would want to be in positions to loot our country for their own benefit. They are what they are, but the misinformed voters have no rational purpose for electing them.
Oh I’m sure plenty of voters learned their lesson because that’s were Democrats lost their votes!

And pleassse you act like Democrats Politicians are saints. Both sides have their fair share of corruption. How many of you believed all of Hillary’s lies? Talk about gullible!

Old 09-23-2018, 12:16 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Ironic how you talk about hate and yet you have one the most hateful posts I’ve ever read in this forum. If Obama was so loved, Hillary should have easily won the election. You realize a good chunk of those Trump voters voted previously for Obama right?
I can vouch for that. I'm a registered Democrat. Voted for Clinton, voted for Gore, voted for Obama, voted for Trump. I know many that did the same thing.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:07 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I can vouch for that. I'm a registered Democrat. Voted for Clinton, voted for Gore, voted for Obama, voted for Trump. I know many that did the same thing.
Conversely I don't know one Democrat who voted for Trump. In fact the only people I know of who voted for Trump are white.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:11 AM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Conversely I don't know one Democrat who voted for Trump. In fact the only people I know of who voted for Trump are white.
They must be terrible people. The vast majority of White people voted for Trump. No surprise as they have been leaving the Democrat party for years. In just over 20 years the Dems went from winning 49% of the white vote to 39%:

"Bill Clinton won 49 percent of the white two-party vote in 1996. Al Gore won 43 percent in 2000. John F. Kerry won 41 percent in 2004. Barack Obama won a slightly larger share in 2008, but then dropped to only 39 percent in his 2012 reelection bid. Hillary Clinton got the same percentage as Obama."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8cbf0b23511b

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-23-2018 at 03:13 AM..

Old 09-23-2018, 05:32 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
In a way, I actually do miss some things about pre-Trump America, and here's why:

I miss being able to watch award shows and late-night talk shows just for entertainment, good music,and genuine humor, instead of having to have the latest politically correct viewpoints of B-list celebrities shoved down my throat. Which, doesn't really happen anymore I guess, because I no longer watch award shows, or late night talk shows, for explicitly that reason.

I actually miss pre-1980 America, but there's not going back - ain't that a shame.

"I miss being able to watch award shows and late-night talk shows just for entertainment, good music,and genuine humor, instead of having to have the latest politically correct viewpoints of B-list celebrities shoved down my throat."

You must be as old as I am!

Old 09-23-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
The country is much the same as it was.

The political climate has gotten nastier, no doubt about that. That said, this is not new to Trump - this is the second President in a row, not the first, to enrage half of America by only being a President for half the country and having an honesty problem. The deepening of political fissures is a problem, but this has now been going on for a decade, even if many Democrats had their head in the sands as to what was going on when the shoe was on the other foot.

If Clinton had beat Obama in the Democrat primary back in the run-up to the 2008 election we'd be living in a far more politically civil country right now (for all Republicans don't like her she would have likely been a far less divisive president once in office), and Trump would not have had a chance in the Republican primary in the runup to 2016, but that's history at this point.

"The political climate has gotten nastier, no doubt about that. That said, this is not new to Trump"

Many on here are too young to remember the John Tower hearings, where at the end he said. "Where do I go to get my reputation back" after being so brutally attacked by dems.

Or Clarence Thomas who said after his hearings were over, "a modern day LYNCHING" by the dems

The clinton war room to go after the women who made sex accusations against bill to "TRASH" them and ruin their reputations. After all, they were just "trailer trash"!

The dems have been doing it for DECADES! All the while for NOT going after ted kenndy after he killed Mary Jo.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I miss America of the mid-1960's when it was not unsusal for a man with only a high school education could make enough money that he was able to buy a nice house in a nice safe neighborhood in a nice town with good public schools for less than $20,000 and buy a nice new late model family car for less than $3,000, take a 2 week vacation each year, take the family out to dinner for a good meal at least once a week and also on special occasions, and still be able to provide for his family on one sole income a nice, comfortable middle class lifestyle while his wife can be a stay at home mom and raise the kids.

I think that's when America was really great, and it wasn't all that long ago, less than 60 years ago. If you're young, 60 years might seem so far away that you kinda think it's never gonna get here; But let me tell ya, if you haven't been paying attention, 60 years will have gone by and you'll be asking yourself, "oh my gosh, where have the years gone?

Now everything is so out of whack, no way an average 3 bedroom ranch style house in a modest middle income neighborhood should cost $350,000 or a mid sized family car for $25,000.

" no way an average 3 bedroom ranch style house in a modest middle income neighborhood should cost $350,000"

Depends on where you live. Always has, always will.

"The median home value in Brunswick County is $235,100"

Old 09-23-2018, 05:58 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
That is laughable! Thanks for the amusement!

In all seriousness though, Trump is a ticking time bomb, and he’s being played by dictators who are much smarter than him. I just hope that we can get through this without having a serious war!

More like a STORM

Quote:
I am going to take the power from Washington DC. and return it back to you, THE PEOPLE

Promises made
Promises kept.

You guys better hurry up and try to kill off this guy, like you have been talking about for the last 2 years, before America is Great Again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies