Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 05:30 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,194,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I did not vote for trump, and I don't have twitter. people who are on twitter are losers. should trump be "tweeting?" nope. he's an idiot, but so are the people who follow him for no other reason than to get outraged. those idiots are being trolled and they can't even tell. were "birthers" marching like little children ever 15 seconds and backing up traffic?
Glad to know you didn't vote for him. I am not on Twitter either, but the news sources provide that info. I would rather have people a little outraged over Presidential lies, exaggerations and threats than to think it is no big deal or OK. That is our First Amendment right. No, I do not condone violence or blocking freeways, though.

Birthers were lying, though, including Donald Trump. Fwiw, several in the birther cult have acted childish calling the news media names at rallies ("CNN sucks") and are still getting worked up about a candidate that lost the presidential election nearly two years ago ("Lock her up"...this still happens at many Trump rallies). There were many birthers at the David Duke white supremacist rally in Charlottesville where a woman was killed.

Last edited by chessgeek; 09-24-2018 at 05:45 PM..

Old 09-24-2018, 06:28 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You are not seriously putting Obama in the same category as Gandhi, MLK and Mandela, are you?
Only if Gandhi, MLK and Mandela destroyed countries like Obama did.

What's Ironic is a man with a Muslim name: "Barrack Hussein Obama", went around to Islamic countries in the middle east apologizing for the pain and death America Caused those countries, then he proceeds to destroy those countries. Guess he kills those of his favorite religion. About par for the Democrat leaders these days.

On top of that he covers for Islamic Terrorists at Ft Hood, the Boston bombings, the recruiting Center in Chattanooga, in San Bernadino, and at the Pulse night club, All "work place violence" or anything but Islamic Extremism

Old 09-24-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yes it is very absurd that people think the economic recovery didn't start in 2009. The Obama hate is strong in some
For real, how about the 787 Billion dollar Stimulus package he passed? That had to be good for something:

From CNN even

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woahlX0VgEo

Old 09-24-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
Do you also think President Trump should cut down on his constant, several hundred or so whines on Twitter? He has whined far more in less than 2 years than Obama did in 8 years. That's yet another reason I prefer pre Trump America. Maybe the President could at least try and set an example going forward. Were you equally adamant about the whining being stopped and also the birther lies when Obama was President?

I can't imagine the persecution complex and pity party that Trump would have if he was falsely accused of being born outside the USA. Obama was frankly probably too classy and polite dealing with it.
Trump should be "classy and polite" like Obama was in his handling of Libya and Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQhEtXcFyYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-ryQzIk90k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BSOJdSVtVE

Old 09-24-2018, 08:06 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,882,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The political climate has gotten nastier, no doubt about that. That said, this is not new to Trump"

Many on here are too young to remember the John Tower hearings, where at the end he said. "Where do I go to get my reputation back" after being so brutally attacked by dems.

Or Clarence Thomas who said after his hearings were over, "a modern day LYNCHING" by the dems

The clinton war room to go after the women who made sex accusations against bill to "TRASH" them and ruin their reputations. After all, they were just "trailer trash"!

The dems have been doing it for DECADES! All the while for NOT going after ted kenndy after he killed Mary Jo.
Guilty as charged. I'm of the generation that remembers Bill as a competent centrist with an overblown impeachment scandal broadly but not in much detail, and Hillary sounds like she would govern similarly to that image (bar the whole intern thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"Perspective is everything."

My wife and I just enjoyed a weekend with another couple who we have known forever now. He a best friend of mine going back to high school days...

Aside from a lot of fun together like usual, we got into politics one night after dinner, and we see the very same things very differently. Your comment reminds me of that different perspective, like what happened while Obama was POTUS vs now under Trump.

One point of many that I tried to make with my friends this weekend too, is that Obama was no panacea for the problem of race relations and/or racism in this country. My friends seem to think that ANYONE has the same access to opportunity in America today, regardless of color or anything else. I certainly don't agree, and I tried to point out the statistics don't bare that out either, but again no matter. That's what they believe and all else is seen through that lens of altered perspective very different from what I see.

The Democrats don't have "their head in the sand" either. The problem(s) in America are simply too challenging and long-in-the making to expect any programs to work to anyone's satisfaction. Like my friends tried to point out, all these poor people need to start taking responsibility for their family. Easy to say, but what if no family? Government can't legislate or in any way provide good parenting! Democrats are NOT to blame for this fact just because they tend to focus on these problems a little differently (more) than Republicans do.
There are some presidents that can govern in line with their own party's beliefs in a way that sticks a finger into the other party's eye less hard. Style matters. Trump was chosen in large part because people angry about eight years of Obama chose Trump in the primary for the very reason that he ticked off Democrats so disproportionately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If Obama was divisive, do you think Gandhi was too? MLK? Mandela...
As heads of state / a potential head of state? Yes. Very much so. Far more so than either Obama or Trump.

Quote:
The people who seem to think Obama was divisive always seem to be the same people who couldn't tolerate even the sight of him before he became POTUS. Think about WHY that is, and we begin to better understand one another. We begin to better understand ourselves...

Right. Who am I kidding? People don't change their mind about anything in this forum. Or maybe I'm wrong. Let's see.

Who was dead against Obama when he was campaigning to become POTUS and became a supporter thereafter? Or vice versa? Anyone?

Why?

Hear the sound of crickets...

Why?

It's an easy/cheap shot to assume that people who disagree with you on policy are racist, but, for the most part no. Policy disagreements + blatant dishonesty & clear disrespect generate much more animus than simple policy disagreement. The imposition by brute force of policy the other side hates in the first two years of Obama's administration also made things a lot worse, and I'm sure we're seeing the same effect now with Trump + a Republican house/senate being able to force things through without any support/compromise/buy-in from the other side.

Obama was ticking people off from the start of his campaign. "Hope and change" from a former community organizer was nails on a chalkboard to Republicans and Republican-leaning independents in the same way that "make America great again" from a businessman is to Democrats and Democrat-leaning independents. It got even worse with how he governed and talked after elected, much like happened with Trump more recently and currently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies