Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2018, 01:02 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTexasGuy View Post
I suppose it's the same way he/she assumes all people of faith are "hicks" (at least in the U.S). I doubt they meant it an endearing way.

There's no easy way to answer your question but since you asked, based on my moral beliefs dictated by my faith, we are all degenerates by nature; I'm no better than anyone else. Only our faith in a spiritual being guiding our life gives believers a light (if you will) that God sees because of our belief in Jesus Christ. This light or spirit in us is the purity He sees because of our belief in HIM, not our degenerate body. Therefore, the only broad picture that can be painted about all people, is that we are all degenerates in one way or another, spiritually dead to God and our bodies are destined to nothing else but death.

Therefore, my comment on the OP being a degenerate would be based on that and the fact they have no problem insulting believers and openly stating his/her opinion that believers, creationist or whatever you want ever you want to call it are "dumb" hicks.
If you meant to include yourself when you called Dane a degenerate, why did you say “a degenerate such as yourself”?

You’ve been called out painting others with a broad brush. Own what you said or take it back. Either one is respect-worthy. What you’re doing isn’t.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:03 PM

463 posts, read 189,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They are nutty and they live among us.
I used to work with a guy that was a Born Again Christian and he would get really mad if someone brought up evolution and commented that man evolved from monkeys. He also believed that carbon dating of dinosaur bones was fake because the earth wasn't here 20 million years ago.

Peoples beliefs are their own and as long as they don't try to force them onto the rest of us what they choose to believe in is fine.
So, you mean, don't do exactly what the OP and you say to do?

Old 09-18-2018, 01:10 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:

Therefore, my comment on the OP being a degenerate would be based on that and the fact they have no problem insulting believers and openly stating his/her opinion that believers, creationist or whatever you want ever you want to call it are "dumb" hicks.
Well, that may be overstating it a bit - but we could clarity by saying that more secular and progressive populations (New England, for example) are vastly more civilized by ever measurable metric than the bible belt.

STD's
Lack of Insurance
Divorce
Obesity
Lower Incomes
Lower Educational Attainment
Lower GDP
and MANY other such metrics....

So, to make it a bit more clear, those of you with the "light inside" seem to be more OK with not actually putting the teachings involved to work in the places where you live.

In one believes in "faith" and "words" then you are 100% correct. If actual lives matter, then you are totally wrong.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I suppose it's the same way he/she assumes all people of faith are "hicks" (at least in the U.S). I doubt they meant it an endearing way.

There's no easy way to answer your question but since you asked, based on my moral beliefs dictated by my faith, we are all degenerates by nature; I'm no better than anyone else. Only our faith in a spiritual being guiding our life gives believers a light (if you will) that God sees because of our belief in Jesus Christ. This light or spirit in us is the purity He sees because of our belief in HIM, not our degenerate body. Therefore, the only broad picture that can be painted about all people, is that we are all degenerates in one way or another, spiritually dead to God and our bodies are destined to nothing else but death.

Didn't you hear, every Christ-follower on the planet has an IQ under 80! We're all hicks!

Old 09-18-2018, 01:18 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Didn't you hear, every Christ-follower on the planet has an IQ under 80! We're all hicks!
Not every Christ-follower insists on teaching that the Noah's Ark myth is literal truth. As for those who do, I stand by my characterization.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Not every Christ-follower insists on teaching that the Noah's Ark myth is literal truth. As for those who do, I stand by my characterization.
Ummmmmm ....

Old 09-18-2018, 01:26 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Or that the Earth is 6,000 years old. And if they do they're idiots.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:27 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Ummmmmm ....
Yes? Feel free to elaborate.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Yes? Feel free to elaborate.
As a Christ-follower I believe every single thing in the Bible, and any other true Christ-follower would as well

Were there dinosaurs? I don't know, Scripture doesn't specify

How old is the earth? I don't know, Scripture doesn't specify

Old 09-18-2018, 01:32 PM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, that may be overstating it a bit - but we could clarity by saying that more secular and progressive populations (New England, for example) are vastly more civilized by ever measurable metric than the bible belt.

STD's
Lack of Insurance
Divorce
Obesity
Lower Incomes
Lower Educational Attainment
Lower GDP
and MANY other such metrics....
Are those the attributes that makes someone or communities civilized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

So, to make it a bit more clear, those of you with the "light inside" seem to be more OK with not actually putting the teachings involved to work in the places where you live.

In one believes in "faith" and "words" then you are 100% correct. If actual lives matter, then you are totally wrong.

All this over expanding on "the explanation". Indeed for the unity and diversity of organisms, living and extinct equates to there were dinosaurs on the Ark.

"Douglas' spokesman said that Kezele didn't discuss his "personal creationist beliefs" with the committee but Flaherty reports that Kezele did convince other members to weaken the standards in at least one instance. If it stands, Arizona students will now learn that evolution is "an explanation for the unity and diversity of organisms, living and extinct" rather than "the explanation."

much ado about nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies