Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2018, 01:16 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
God can be whatever he wants, he's God. You're made of dust and ashes and will be reduced to such again one day. You're falsely attributing Satan's attributes to God's, which perfectly explains why you walked away from the faith at 15. You never had faith to begin with, which is why the second it was tested you walked away. You require signs and miracles to believe. You require good in your life to believe God is good. You ignore truth and are blinded to the lies of the world. The only true thing you've written in this thread is that God is love. I'd recommend getting in fellowship with some believers who speak to ways He is working in your life and regrow your relationship with Him, rather than spending your days arguing about how He must be horrible because of your own prideful desires to outrationalize God. Pro tip: it doesn't work - see Luke 20:1-8. Second pro tip: that's great news, if you're included in the truths of 1 John 2
A God of love wouldn't turn someone away because they never heard of him and therefore didn't worship him in life. Your god, it seems, would. That's not love. That's petty and narcissistic. I need no lectures from someone who believes people deserve to burn for eternity for the horrible crime of never having heard of Christ. Where is the love in that?

You worship a god who is the antithesis of love. I suppose you would call that Satan.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:18 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
If you took one of these people who others have brought up - those in countires where there aren't Christians, there aren't Bibles, and they haven't been told about God - and you asked them if it should be legal to rape and murder somebody, what do you suppose they would say? Why is that?
The more secular a nation is, the less crime is committed...That includes rape....All of the top 6 countries by rape rate are Christian......Why is that?

Countries Compared by Crime > Rape rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

Last edited by sanspeur; 09-19-2018 at 01:34 PM..

Old 09-19-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If God really existed and loved all, he could prevent Satan from his evil deeds. Guess he really does not care that much.
Christians believe that god created satan...The question is why, and if satan is the cause of evil and god is all powerful, why doesn't he get rid of him?....I guess he prefers to encourage people to dash babies against rocks to get his jollies.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:35 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
I find creationism bizarre, however, there are 'believers' of all kinds out there, who deny science. Take, for example, those who believe vaccines cause autism, that fracking is an overall negative, that GMOs are unhealthy or that using alternative toothpaste is actually good for one's teeth.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:36 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Christians believe that god created satan...The question is why, and if satan is the cause of evil and god is all powerful, why doesn't he get rid of him?....I guess he prefers to encourage people to dash babies against rocks to get his jollies.
He needs Satan. Who else will keep those hell fires burning where he can throw all those poor souls who never heard of him and therefore didn't spend their lives worshiping him? Otherwise, what would he do with those people? Show some love and let them into heaven??? Perish the thought!

Old 09-19-2018, 01:40 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Yet there are secular scientists that claim that if the polar ice caps melt there will be little or no dry and any where . and there is more proof that there was a world wide tsunami and a spread of the continents .
and the way the earth is being shaken up lately it is likely that some other radical changes are going to happen .

Old 09-19-2018, 01:50 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So cop out answer. If you haven't figured out the "one true God" thing on your own because you had no exposure to it, tough ****. That's all on you, stupid. No heaven for you.

You worship one petty, vindictive, cruel little god. I'm so glad I walked away from this nonsense when I was 15.
I turned my back on the Christian religion more than 50 years ago. A religion that claims to be based on love and happiness but is in actuality based on hate and the threat of pain and suffering. I never responded well to threats so I became a heathen (a non-believer, not necessarily an atheist) while I was still a young kid. And everything I've seen during those 50+ years confirms my belief that the Christian religion is led by con men, thieves, child molesters, and hypocrites.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Yet there are secular scientists that claim that if the polar ice caps melt there will be little or no dry and any where . and there is more proof that there was a world wide tsunami and a spread of the continents .
and the way the earth is being shaken up lately it is likely that some other radical changes are going to happen .
You must have made that up...The ocean would raise by 216 feet if all the ice melted. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...horeline-maps/

Old 09-19-2018, 02:20 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There seem to be a bit of void on the creation of angles. I'm sure you know satan was a fallen angle according to the bible. Many Christians believe the angles were created to carry out Gods works/deeds.
To my knowledge God never killed or destroyed any angles. He did give them as he did mankind free will.

And the bashing of babies is taken out of context. God's people had been conquered, killed, captured and enslaved. Jerusalem destroyed and they were bid to sing their songs to their captors. Instead they sang a song of God avenging them for what they had done to the Jews.
Yes God is a vengeful God.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:23 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Exactly.

Why can't kids learn creationism in their church? That's where I learned it - even growing up in Alabama, I do not recall it being taught in schools.

Parents who want their kids taught religion need to stop being so damn lazy and get up on Sunday morning and take their kids to Sunday School and Church.

Period.

Can't rep you, but nice post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies