Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 11:08 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I think this is a good proposal. I know a few people on welfare who think that vaccines are 'unhealthy'. Liberals think they're on the forefront, but in fact, they are anti-science, disavowing the science behind vaccines, fracking, GMO's and Round-Up just to name a few.

All of us? You sure? Huh. Itdn't that odd. I don't have a problem with any of those.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:08 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
Require more and more vaccines for everyone. It's great for the drug companies.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:13 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
This seems like a mean-spirited attempt at controlling people on welfare. Most people who refuse vaccines do so because they're worried about the complications and indeed there are complications - allergic reactions and sometimes the vaccine can even lead to infection when they inject the weakened form of the virus.

Speaking to myself - I'm very weary of many vaccines. I never taken the Flu vaccination and have forbidden my family from doing so. In contrast, I never get the Flu either (or my symptoms are so mild, I mistake it for the common cold). Let people decide what's best for their health. Everyone wants to be healthy, no need to police them.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:16 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
The vaccine craze has gone wild, and it's all because the drug companies like to make money. A small number of vaccines may be helpful, but there are more and more new ones that are more likely to harm than to help.

Getting vaccines is not natural, and the body can react in unexpected ways. Especially if you are only one day old.

It is getting ridiculous.

And medical researchers don't dare investigate a connection with autism. That has been completely stamped out, even though there are very good reasons to think there can be a connection.

And don't think the drug companies don't influence the government. They can't be sued for damage related to vaccines. They have the public believing the more vaccines you get the healthier you will be. Vaccines are being required for certain jobs. Start questioning this BS!

Old 09-17-2018, 01:28 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
No. I don't like this push for "if you don't do x you don't get y". Think for a bit on how it could be used against you.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:41 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleplains17 View Post
Absolutely not.

Welfare is for the babies not the mothers

Stopping welfare benefits will be double punishment for those children who did nothing wrong. It’s not their fault that their parents are ignorant and reckless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
This seems like a mean-spirited attempt at controlling people on welfare. Most people who refuse vaccines do so because they're worried about the complications and indeed there are complications - allergic reactions and sometimes the vaccine can even lead to infection when they inject the weakened form of the virus.

Speaking to myself - I'm very weary of many vaccines. I never taken the Flu vaccination and have forbidden my family from doing so. In contrast, I never get the Flu either (or my symptoms are so mild, I mistake it for the common cold). Let people decide what's best for their health. Everyone wants to be healthy, no need to police them.
"Welfare" as the term is used in Australia is not what you two are referring to. They are referring to a child-care subsidy that is used by just about everyone.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...-unvaccinated/

Medical exemptions are still allowed, but not "I think vaccines are bad" exemptions.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:44 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
(Obviously anybody who truly cannot get vaccines for doctor-verified health reasons would be exempt)

Before anyone suggests it, assume that welfare won't be entirely eliminated from everyone (realistically it won't).

But in Australia, families who don't vaccinate don't get welfare benefits. Miraculously, there was a surge of families who apparently decided that vaccines don't cause autism after all!

Would the same thing be effective in the US? Or alternatively, not allowing them to use the child tax credit.

In a perfect world, there would be non-government strategies to deal with this, but we live in a government world (and that won't change anytime soon), so non-government solutions wouldn't likely work.
No. Next question...

Old 09-17-2018, 06:46 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Stop welfare payments.

Period.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:14 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Why not? They're taking from the public, the least they can do is ensure that they won't spread illnesses to the public...or get sick themselves and cost even more tax dollars to treat.
So is there and epidemic of welfare recipients getting childhood diseases?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:34 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I think this is a good proposal. I know a few people on welfare who think that vaccines are 'unhealthy'. Liberals think they're on the forefront, but in fact, they are anti-science, disavowing the science behind vaccines, fracking, GMO's and Round-Up just to name a few.
I support vaccines and fracking , but not GMO and Round up yet. Even stronger believer that if we fix the food chain and the planet, it will be better overall.

I do understand the concept though - Modifying something at the source, so its better resistant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies