Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:40 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times

Advertisements

I also find it amazing that most pro vaccination people are also pro choice.

So when did "my body my choice' stop applying? It's OK to kill a baby in the womb, but people MUST be FORCED To be shot up with crap they don't want in their bodies because you say so?

Old 09-18-2018, 06:48 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,439,195 times
Leftists and their Authoritarian nature coming out yet again. How about we cut off welfare to women having kids they can't afford?

Old 09-18-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Leftists and their Authoritarian nature coming out yet again. How about we cut off welfare to women having kids they can't afford?
Imagine how quickly these women would *suddenly* find birth control once the gravy train stopped.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:04 AM

10,227 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Katrina, bad example. "HPV vaccine not given until 9 years old". All those poor younger children are going to catch HPV unless the herd of older children and adults (?) are vaccinated to protect them?

Hospital "employees"? So all those Lobby Receptionists, Security Guards, and Cafeteria Workers, Janitors, have had their flu shots to protect "their" patients? Are they wearing masks if not? Have all the patients, and their families, in the ER Waiting Room? Visitors in the rooms and walking the halls? Hospital employees are not only doctors and nurses.

Newborns in hospitals. When I had my first back in 1979, all visitors, including Dads, had to wear caps, gowns, and gloves to visit the newborn. Very young children were not admitted to see the baby. Moms were excluded from the hospital gear, but I suppose they assumed whatever Mom had, baby would also. No flu or tdap vaccination while pregnant. This not only NICU unit.

Now for all the modern push for flu shots, no visitor is required to show proof of vaccination. They aren't around patients? When my younger grandson was born in February (flu season), his 2 year old brother came to the hospital and held him. He certainly had not gotten any HPV vaccination yet. Was he up to date? Not school age yet so he couldn't be mandated for vaccinations, or gotten the full complement of vaccines an older child would.

So you can talk about nurses being mandated for flu shots, but how would you enforce it on all these other in hospitals? My older daughter worked in a doctor's office for time. Back office doing filing and computer work. Mandatory flu shot too? Breathing in the waiting room when she went to and from lunch?

Old 09-18-2018, 07:06 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
This is foolhardy to tie getting vaccines to being a welfare recipient.
Firstly: it breaks the first amendment due to freedom of religion. Due to various cases of religion winning despite "public good" it won't happen. If someone believes in a religion that says no vaccines, they have been exempt in states with mandated vaccines for school.
Secondly: as much as I hate to use the slippery slope, there is a question of where we stop but I'll stop at vaccines. When I went to school you needed MMR, the booster, and one or two others to go to school (this was New York) and then while in school, you'd need to get Hepatitis 1 and then 2 as well. Along with yearly TB tests. The chicken pox vaccine wasn't mandated until recently and it is unproven (though scientists "believe" it shouldn't cause shingles). The flu shot is a known issue of shortages and still getting it despite the vaccine because it is based on projected strains. If you have the shot and you get a Fuhrer strain, it very well can make you sick regardless. A former co-worker and friend avoids the shots for this reason.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I would go along with that if you add, "Stop all welfare payments to families that don't use birth control."
or
Stop welfare payments to families with 1 or more illegal immigrant living in the home.
or
Stop welfare payments to people who can't show they have searched for work in the last 60 days.
This "welfare" they're talking about in Australia is not the equivalent of US welfare. They're talking about child care credits.

Read: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...-unvaccinated/

Old 09-18-2018, 07:10 AM

10,227 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Stop all welfare payments? That won't "punish" the middle class, and certainly not the rich, but only the very poor population in the US.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Katrina, bad example. "HPV vaccine not given until 9 years old". All those poor younger children are going to catch HPV unless the herd of older children and adults (?) are vaccinated to protect them?
Yes all those 9 y old drug users and sex workers, getting HPV from having sex with 30 y olds and then passing it along to their classmates during story time. /eyeroll/

Old 09-18-2018, 07:29 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,439,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Imagine how quickly these women would *suddenly* find birth control once the gravy train stopped.
Exactly

Old 09-18-2018, 07:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Stop all welfare payments? That won't "punish" the middle class, and certainly not the rich, but only the very poor population in the US.
We pay for their bad choices?
You should pay for my bad choices, first.

No, there are no strings attached.... You have been purchased and told what to do, once on public assistance.

Is their any alimony in the divorce?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies