Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that we should have more, the same, or less immigration?
More 10 10.31%
The same 17 17.53%
Less 70 72.16%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 09:21 PM

11,197 posts, read 10,974,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Nay. Like your boy Trump, we've observed the increasing girth of U.S.-born women and vote for expanding the dating pool.
Since the mass majority of "immigrants" means Hispanics of varying varieties, there will surely be a fine diet of tortillas, beans, cheese, corn, sour cream, and pork involved. The majority of the females in that demographic start out quite fine, and expand rather quickly due to certain edible factors....

Doesn't bother me much. I enjoy a little meat on my women unlike skinny white GAP type models. Maybe diversity is not that bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 09:52 PM

24,481 posts, read 9,343,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
We need more. A lot more.
Indeed. Who else is going to flip burgers at current wages? American citizens sure as hell aren’t.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:55 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,370,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
The population has more than doubled in my lifetime, it is time to stop all immigration.
Love how the Sierra Club has spent decades claiming overpopulation is a threat to our environment and wild spaces, yet now calling for more illegal immigration.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:29 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,214,902 times
Why does any American need to import a foreigner into the US?
I might start a poll on that.

a) I own a sweatshop/restaurant/construction/agricultural business and want to hire cheap
b) I have jobs that I cannot find a qualified American to do no matter how much I offer to pay
c) I hate America and White people

Old 09-18-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Love how the Sierra Club has spent decades claiming overpopulation is a threat to our environment and wild spaces, yet now calling for more illegal immigration.
Sierra Club are a bunch of whores. Next time there is a "drought" in CA or the forest is on fire thank the Sierra Club.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Indeed. Who else is going to flip burgers at current wages? American citizens sure as hell aren’t.
you can buy a machine to cook fast food. You don't need to import foreigners to do it. Haven't you ever even been to a McDonalds? Look at who is working there...most are Americans, they're just young.

Lots of teens cook burgers for $12/hour. Go to In n Out...they use E-Verify, like a decent law-abiding company should, and they have no shortage of labor. Plenty of Americans willing to work there.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:32 PM

18,556 posts, read 7,336,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
As for me, I voted the same. Basically, I am extremely happy that I and my family were allowed to immigrate to the U.S. from Israel and thus I want to give other people an opportunity to likewise move to the U.S. and experience the American dream.
You owe your allegiance to Americans, not foreigners, and Americans do not want your foreigners to come here.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
We need more. A lot more.
If that's a joke, I don't get it.

And if you're serious, I really don't get it.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
This is an excellent point too. The average adult US female now weighs 168 lbs. And that is in an era of exploding female interest in marathon running, who presumably skew the average way down from what it would otherwise be. If we take the female runners out of the picture, we're looking at some downright scary figures!

https://www.shape.com/fitness/cardio...g-way-more-men

But how many of those heifers are non-hispanic whites?

One possibility is that women are getting fatter partly because they are less American than Americans were previously.

Needs to be looked at.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
There is a case that we have to have more, because native birth rates have declined below replacement level (2.1 babies per female). Otherwise we run into all kinds of problems, which are currently plaguing nations like Japan, and countries in Eastern Europe.
Japan isn't having any problems, and our lower birth rates aren't the reason for immigration. They're the result of immigration, which reduces the wealth and wages of natives.

And you have to really hate the natives to import people to replace them instead of just incentivizing the natives to have more children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies