Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 11:42 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And boy did it! It probably also helped that many of Kap’s supporters like myself made a run on Nike products. I personally bought 3 pairs of kicks, a golf shirt and some hats.

The swoosh is simply too ubiquitous in this world to be taken down by a protest in one nation.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...sy/1307506002/

just do it. Crash your stock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 11:46 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That was the way the government set it up. She was just playing by the rules set forth.
I believe the word you're having trouble assimilating and understanding is the one you used to base your meme upon: "hypocrisy".

Old 09-17-2018, 11:48 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's funny how people put the NFL on a pedestal when they enjoyed tax-free status for so many years and contributed nothing to the country.
FTFY

It's funny how people put the NFL on a pedestal when they enjoyed tax-free and monopoly status for so many years and cost billions to the country for free stadiums.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:52 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And boy did it! It probably also helped that many of Kap’s supporters like myself made a run on Nike products. I personally bought 3 pairs of kicks, a golf shirt and some hats.

The swoosh is simply too ubiquitous in this world to be taken down by a protest in one nation.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...sy/1307506002/

Old 09-17-2018, 11:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Yay, Nike stocks are on fire!!!!!!! Congratulations Kaep, by kneeling, you accomplished your mission in making greedy monopolies richer. That is why you first took the knee right?
Nike's a monopoly? Sheesh, I guess we should alert Adidas, Reebok, ASICS, Converse, and the rest.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:59 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I bet Nike doesn't let their employees protest during work hours. Hmmmm
I know quite a few Nike employees. They seem pretty happy at Nike, what would they protest? Ohhh...I suppose you are hoping they protest Nikes support of someone protesting police shooting blacks unjustly? Yeah no, Nike doesn't have a large KKK contingent. Maybe some of the temps....

Old 09-17-2018, 12:02 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Nike's a monopoly? Sheesh, I guess we should alert Adidas, Reebok, ASICS, Converse, and the rest.
Ive graduated to $10 Walmart grampa shoes. When I wear them out, I am out 10 bucks.

Same slave labor, much better price. Same lifespan.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:02 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,839,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Is this what "fire" looks like?
Apparently to people that know nothing about investments, a sideways trending stock chart relates to being "on fire". lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
So...with all of that....you apparently agree his actions have relevancy after all?
Don't get carried away now. lmao I personally think he is a blundering fool for ruining his career and destroying his dreams and aspirations. Give it just a little time for the shock factor to wear off in the public and he will soon be forgotten only to be brought up once in a while by somebody trying to push an agenda. The media will find something else to go on and on and on about before long.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:04 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Poor kids in those Chinese sweat shops, forced to increase their output under penalty of torture no doubt due to your happy protest. Disgusting that you are cheering for it
Yeah, now you give a **** about them, right?

Old 09-17-2018, 12:10 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I find this fascinating.
  • Kap and others are bending knee to protest Blacks being killed by unjustly White Society, Police, Western Civ, etc. Racial injustice.
  • Nike pays KAP money so they can hijack Knee Bending issue to sell over priced clown shoes made in factories where some workers get paid as little as 30 cent/hour. Wonder what those people think of Kap?
  • Nike is a S&P 100 company. Guess who benefits mostly from it's profits?
  • Supporters of Knee Benders cheer. Must think they won something......
Fascinating indeed. They've been beaten by the very system they protest and don't even know it. This topic is testimate to it.
Yup ^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies