Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Cruz also said :“That’s why we have a legal justice system to actually learn what the facts are and learn what happened,” Cruz said. That’s why “I don’t think we should jump to conclusions.”

That's why we did away with lynch mod justice. You never know when its going to be you in a situation and will be wanting the same thoughtful consideration.
After thoughtful consideration I’ve concluded that an officer wrongfully killed a man in his own domicile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I vehemently disagree. We need to stop sharing "news" from propaganda machines, even if they happen to be right from time to time. It's never irrelevant.
It’s absolutely irrelevant.

Cruz is the protagonist here, not Kos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 10:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
After thoughtful consideration I’ve concluded that an officer wrongfully killed a man in his own domicile.

Duh Captain obvious. But some people are rushing to judgment that she must be guilty of murder and must be fired immediately before the investigation concludes. Due process has to play out.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:30 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Duh Captain obvious. But some people are rushing to judgment that she must be guilty of murder and must be fired immediately before the investigation concludes. Due process has to play out.
Again, as long as she gets fired, I don’t care when. She must get fired though as sure as the sun must rise in the morning.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:45 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
“We shouldn’t be so quick to blame police officers.”

Whaaaaaat? That’s his response to the Botham Jean shooting. And you wonder why African Americans remain highly suspicious of the Republican Party!

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2018/...er-job-over-it
Ted Cruz doesn’t really care about the black vote. He prefers the dog whistle racist comments to get his voting base riled up. He is a very smart man and knows how to do that. He would sell his soul to the devil if the devil gave him the Presidency- no morals whatsoever

Old 09-20-2018, 03:44 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The majority of decent Americans will never have an interaction with a police officer. If you draw their attention, it is for a reason.
That is horse *#@&! If you are a law abiding black man, anywhere in this country, you will almost certainly have interactions with police.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:49 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Ted is, if nothing else, indicative of the "conservative mainstream republican" of today...after all, he is the Senator from Texas! Hard to call him much else. I mean...what are we gonna say? That Paul Ryan or Mitch are the standard bearers? Rubio?

But Cruz, who is known by many as one of the "worst people in the world" (seriously) will probably get re-elected....because this is Texas, the place that brought us Enron, GW Bush, John Birch Society, Dead JFK and so many other good things.
Agreed. Here in North Texas I see so many Cruz signs in neighbors yards it makes me want to pack up and head east. He is the ultimate scum bag.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:12 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
One of the rare times I (partially) disagree with you. I agree that due process has to play out as to whether she is accused of a crime, but I think she should have been fired already. If you or I had screwed up that badly at our jobs, we wouldn't still be on the payroll. I don't think this about every cop that is questioned, but this one... there's just no scenario in this case where she's not extremely negligent at the very least, and criminal at worst.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:20 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Not because Ted is a Republican, but he is an embarrassment in so many ways. He folded like a cheap suit when Trump called him and his dad names during the election. The only courage he showed was when he refused to affirm Trump as their candidate, and I thought that was his shining moment. But, alas, it didn't last long.

He even looks like a whipped dog.
That's why I wonder why anyone would vote for Cruz. He cannot stand up for his own family. He will never stand up for the people who elect him.

+1

Old 09-20-2018, 07:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Is Ted Cruz REALLY this stupid?

Quote:

Whaaaaaat? That’s his response to the Botham Jean shooting. And you wonder why African Americans remain highly suspicious of the Republican Party!

Stupid?

I wouldn't say so.

Out of touch?

Supremely.

But he's no doubt calculating that his statement will endear him to the rednecks who'll be voting for him anyway. And Texas blacks are gonna vote against the clown in any case.

His campaign seems to be out of touch as well. His ads are ALL negative and fear-mongering, portraying Beto as some sort of bully.

Beto's ads are all positive, along the lines of, "We're better than this. Let's work together for a better tomorrow."

It's a real contrast.

Go Beto!

Old 09-20-2018, 07:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

53% of all Murders committed in the USA
69% of all Violent Crime committed in the USA
72% of all Theft, Burglary, Robbery committed in the USA
Yet that demographic only makes up 13% of the total USA population???
I see a problem, do you?
Culture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies